• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Ocrevus Blindside Coming Soon....

Just please go away mr or mrs TG troll. If your drug DOES get approved, Sanofi will buy you out and you will be looking for another job soon

Arriving a bit late to the show. After reading this thread there is a lot of valid information. I really don't think "trolling" is happening here, just a reality check for the current Genentech Leadership. Sanofi will not buy TG out, but will feel the impact of losing 50% plus of their sales. Translated: $500 million out the door. In the meantime HD's, FRM's, and all the other useless ecosystem positions will portray themselves as having everything under control, when in fact they are mostly clueless about the MS Market. TG is hiring seasoned MS veterans that will eat the lunch of the newbies being put in place at Genentech. It will never happen, but Gene's best strategy was referred to in an earlier post. Retention Bonuses! Pretty simple strategy to keep our people here. Offer 50k to stay a year / and/or sign a non compete if leaving, and you get paid.

HD's know nothing about the MS Market. There is a handful of HD's that were here for the launch of Ocrevus. The rest are Gene legacies, and newbies, that are clueless despite acting as if they know the market. It's funny watching these fools pretend during Zoom Calls. TG will eat our lunch.

YES!!! We have finally lost some of the biggest r*****s at Genentech- MP, LJ, JD, EL, the list goes on and on. Good riddance- and none of you will be welcomed back here again.

Sounds like home office trying to save face by sh*ting on people that have moved on. How about we address the sh*tshow that is our ecosystem model.

This is what happens when the only employees that know anything about the MS Market are the TAM's. The HD's etc want attention so they come up with useless exercises. Time to let the TAM's do their jobs and the rest of the Ecosystem tools need to get put of their business.

Whoever keeps posting from SSF about who’s left and who hasn’t, you are part of the problem here at Gene.

I’ve got an idea, how about instead of patting yourself on the back about who has left and who hasn’t, you start focusing on repairing what is incredibly broken here. Cracking the whip on our HD’s to all of a sudden care more about our Ocre customers isn’t making any of us want to stay here. Requests from clueless senior leadership from SSF for co-travels isn’t making any of us want to choose to stay here. If Ocre was as important as you say it is then you wouldn’t have hired RGM’s as HD’s that know nothing about the MS space. In fact, MJ is the only HED ecosystem leader with any MS experience. This is a major issue in a space where relationships matter.

Who cares about a stupid “Ocre Blindside.” Focus on us and our people here. Promote the people who have been on this Ocre ride since day 1. They are the people who know the business better than anyone else at Gene. Stop posting about who left and start investing in the people still here.

It might also make sense to own that you made a mistake in promoting JK so fast. Karen Massey quickly cleaned up the mess that Amy V left us. Maybe replacing JK with Eric L or Todd M will revitalize the arrogant approach JK has brought to our franchise.

Whoever keeps posting from SSF about who’s left and who hasn’t, you are part of the problem here at Gene.

I’ve got an idea, how about instead of patting yourself on the back about who has left and who hasn’t, you start focusing on repairing what is incredibly broken here. Cracking the whip on our HD’s to all of a sudden care more about our Ocre customers isn’t making any of us want to stay here. Requests from clueless senior leadership from SSF for co-travels isn’t making any of us want to choose to stay here. If Ocre was as important as you say it is then you wouldn’t have hired RGM’s as HD’s that know nothing about the MS space. In fact, MJ is the only HED ecosystem leader with any MS experience. This is a major issue in a space where relationships matter.

Who cares about a stupid “Ocre Blindside.” Focus on us and our people here. Promote the people who have been on this Ocre ride since day 1. They are the people who know the business better than anyone else at Gene. Stop posting about who left and start investing in the people still here.

It might also make sense to own that you made a mistake in promoting JK so fast. Karen Massey quickly cleaned up the mess that Amy V left us. Maybe replacing JK with Eric L or Todd M will revitalize the arrogant approach JK has brought to our franchise.

Excellent post! A quick reminder from someone who launched Ocrevus. Ocrevus was the most successful launch in both Industry, and Genentech History. MJ and the recruiting of top people from outside were the primary reasons this occurred.

What was different then?

1. TAM's had complete control of their respective territories. HD's met them for lunch once a quarter.
2. Zero emphasis on checking boxes and recording fake calls for numbers.
3. Administrative tasks minimized so TAM's could concentrate on sales.
4. One national virtual call per month. Zero regional or local calls.

What has changed?
1. TAM's are now treated like Big Pharma entry level Reps.
2. Whomever records the most fake calls gets rewarded.
3. Administrative tasks completely out of control.
4. Zoom calls ad nauseam
5. HD's 95% have zero MS experience. They are completely intrusive in the MS business.

Finally someone speaking truth! This speaks for those of us that have been so loyal to Genentech and who have had to put up with the incompetence of the Ecosystems and their understanding of the MS market!! I’m required to spend 90% of my time providing info and presentations internally, instead of supporting my MS Centers. Why do you think that is? It’s to make my useless HD’s look good internally to an egotistical leader like JK!

JK is quite possibly the worst leader I’ve seen since Amy V and her fake tears. She’s actually worse because her ego makes her think that she actually doesn’t need any of us in the field for Ocre to be successful. That might have been true until Ofat and Ubli came along. Now she arrogantly thinks that she can “make minor concessions” and it’s all going to be ok. I’ve seen this story before and it doesn’t end well! JK is driving us into the ground.

Finally someone speaking truth! This speaks for those of us that have been so loyal to Genentech and who have had to put up with the incompetence of the Ecosystems and their understanding of the MS market!! I’m required to spend 90% of my time providing info and presentations internally, instead of supporting my MS Centers. Why do you think that is? It’s to make my useless HD’s look good internally to an egotistical leader like JK!

JK is quite possibly the worst leader I’ve seen since Amy V and her fake tears. She’s actually worse because her ego makes her think that she actually doesn’t need any of us in the field for Ocre to be successful. That might have been true until Ofat and Ubli came along. Now she arrogantly thinks that she can “make minor concessions” and it’s all going to be ok. I’ve seen this story before and it doesn’t end well! JK is driving us into the ground.
+++++1 LOUDER FOR THOSE IN THE BACK!!!

I hear your pain. But at least JK is hot.

^This. I wasn’t here during the launch of Ocrevus, but I came because of all the great things I had heard about the Rainbows and Unicorns of Genentech. But this is not the experience I had heard about. We’ve been talking about this in the field… can you imagine being at the helm of the most successful drug in Genentech’s history and potentially losing 50%+ share to Ofat and Ubli!!! Talk about being asleep at the wheel.

I hear your pain. But at least JK is hot.
I identify as she/her and I agree that at a minimum JK is hot! I tried connecting with her about her kids and she told me her husband’s name was Koolaid, which made her even more hot!!! If my ship is going down, at least it’s going down with a hot captain and a co-captain named Koolaid!!

Best get ready for the top revenue generator to plummet. TG will strike hard and quietly, and the egomaniacal incompetents in Leadership won't know what hit them. You are about to see how important those MS TAM's actually are in generating revenue, despite the MBO garbage as a means to judge them. TG will convert millions of dollars of revenue with the current recruiting in play. Can't wait to see the HD's, FRM's, and other worthless positions, attempt to solve this problem with their total lack of disease state knowledge. All the grandstanding by these worthless employees won't save Ocrevus. All those google spreadsheets and zoom meetings used for kissing up won't generate a dime in revenue.

You are about to see a slow attrition in the MS Franchise. Some have already joined TG, and others have already taken, or getting those Sabbaticals taken before exiting. TG is going after those with strong relationships that have been around for years. Genentech will regret treating those folks poorly, because it's about to bite them hard. Karma is a wonderful thing.