Nominations for worst manager at Novartis

Enough alright. Get back to your pre call planning and nailing your position statements for your calls tomorrow. And don’t forget to leave me your best success story from your week.

Enough alright. Get back to your pre call planning and nailing your position statements for your calls tomorrow. And don’t forget to leave me your best success story from your week.
200w.gif

it

Will do, if you will STFU in my lunches. Stop talking about yourself long enough for me to actually sell, especially if you plan on criticizing me in the FCR for what I couldn’t say when I couldn’t get a word in edgewise. Mmmmkay?

Will do, if you will STFU in my lunches. Stop talking about yourself long enough for me to actually sell, especially if you plan on criticizing me in the FCR for what I couldn’t say when I couldn’t get a word in edgewise. Mmmmkay?

This is a microcosm of everything that it wrong with this industry. Managers are useless. And unless you have limited experience in the field, they serve no useful purpose other than being a glorified admin. Pharmaceutical companies would save so much capital if they just eliminated a majority of mid management positions. The eye is always on the bottom line right? Novartis will never acknowledge nor evolve in this space. Hence, the current disaster in cv, and other divisions.

This is a microcosm of everything that it wrong with this industry. Managers are useless. And unless you have limited experience in the field, they serve no useful purpose other than being a glorified admin. Pharmaceutical companies would save so much capital if they just eliminated a majority of mid management positions. The eye is always on the bottom line right? Novartis will never acknowledge nor evolve in this space. Hence, the current disaster in cv, and other divisions.

15:1 ratio, a bi-weekly check in, 1 or 2 days a quarter if an office specifically requests them to be there. Anything more than that is simply wasting everyones' time.

15:1 ratio, a bi-weekly check in, 1 or 2 days a quarter if an office specifically requests them to be there. Anything more than that is simply wasting everyones' time.

The useless field rides will never end. This is what Dez and the directors want. The ABL is the most worthless job in the industry. They don't coach us one bit. They come out to check a box so they can keep their job.

my mgr is pretty useless but she’s easy on the eyes and is not a PITA. She’ leaves after lunch on field rides. Could be a lot with some dork dude who thinks he knows it all.

Managers are a waste of resources. They should be admin only and paid accordingly. Every time I hear management call themselves leaders i wonder if they are saying that for us or themselves?

Managers are a waste of resources. They should be admin only and paid accordingly. Every time I hear management call themselves leaders i wonder if they are saying that for us or themselves?
Oh pharma mgmt is 100% self serving and self righteous. They spend all their time trying to figure out how to justify their jobs. They serve nobody but themselves and have zero impact on revenue.

Oh pharma mgmt is 100% self serving and self righteous. They spend all their time trying to figure out how to justify their jobs. They serve nobody but themselves and have zero impact on revenue.
I would argue they have a negative impact on revenue. Every visit to an office with a manager is a wasted call as the manager derails the conversations to uncover what I’ve already uncovered and make the provider re explain what he knows I already know. I have to design my days around my manager, which doesn’t always mean doing the right thing for my business and has to include geographical and targeted metrics considerations. Most of all, it kills my sense of excitement and ownership of driving business. Extremely demotivating to be treated like I’m new to the industry and don’t know what I’m doing in spite of numbers that say otherwise.

I would argue they have a negative impact on revenue. Every visit to an office with a manager is a wasted call as the manager derails the conversations to uncover what I’ve already uncovered and make the provider re explain what he knows I already know. I have to design my days around my manager, which doesn’t always mean doing the right thing for my business and has to include geographical and targeted metrics considerations. Most of all, it kills my sense of excitement and ownership of driving business. Extremely demotivating to be treated like I’m new to the industry and don’t know what I’m doing in spite of numbers that say otherwise.

Everything that has been said is spot on! The interjections during conversations so they can fell like they are “contributing” only to derail the conversation and then we can’t get to our call objective which leads to a “coaching opportunity” in the FCR. What a JOKE YOU ABL’S ALL ARE

Everything that has been said is spot on! The interjections during conversations so they can fell like they are “contributing” only to derail the conversation and then we can’t get to our call objective which leads to a “coaching opportunity” in the FCR. What a JOKE YOU ABL’S ALL ARE
Are you above goal my boy? My guess is you’re truthfully a below goal performer. Of course everybody on this site claims to be top performers!!

Amen to that. Having just left the dumpster fire that is Novartis and joined another big pharma, I can say with some certainty that the same self-serving ass covering behavior is rife in the industry

Amen to that. Having just left the dumpster fire that is Novartis and joined another big pharma, I can say with some certainty that the same self-serving ass covering behavior is rife in the industry

The ABL is as useless as a flip phone. Times have changed and Covid happened. Yet Novartis will keep ramping up the field rides. Because we need more coaching. My manager has not coached anyone on our team for 5 years. He wants his 10 days a month so he can stay off the Dez list.

The ABL is as useless as a flip phone. Times have changed and Covid happened. Yet Novartis will keep ramping up the field rides. Because we need more coaching. My manager has not coached anyone on our team for 5 years. He wants his 10 days a month so he can stay off the Dez list.

Amazing post. Nice work amigo.