Neuroscience

Hey all!

I interviewed in Chicago and was offered the job less than a week after. Im 34. No pharma experience and only 3 years of sales experience overall. I had an employee referral, which I think was a HUGE help in getting me there for the interview.

I’m in capital equipment sales now and the Lilly job was a 25% pay cut. I tried to negotiate better comp plan but only got them to give a small bump up in salary. The salary wasn't the issue; the bonus structure wasn't great. AND all these boards talking about their “big brother” and micro-management really turned me off. You also have to pay $150/month for the company car.

This was a positive experience for me overall but It made me realize the grass isn't always greener. I don’t want to burn any bridges since I would have killed for a job like this 5 years ago and you never know what might happen...

Good luck to everyone still on the hunt! I’ll keep scrolling these boards as they were really helpful!

Hi! No, I didn’t accept.
Pharmaceutical or medical device sales is what I’ve always wanted to do, so I was really disappointed that we couldn’t make the financial piece work.

I’ll keep trying and am glad I found this forum for inside info.