• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

My manager called me the N word.

anonymous

Said I was stupid and hired based on diversity quota. I reported it and since there was no witness nothing happened. Now I was just put on a plan and my attorney said I don't have a case. What's my options ?

<

My manager called me the n-word too!

I was acting "negative" as well and was put on a PIP. Once I realized that being a victim and seeking ways to do less work were not effective, I stopped being the n-word.

I started taking responsibility for my actions and actually worked hard instead of complaining. Unfortunately, I got laid off a few months later, so now I am back to being an n-word at my new job.

It is what it is.

My manager called me the n-word too!

I was acting "negative" as well and was put on a PIP. Once I realized that being a victim and seeking ways to do less work were not effective, I stopped being the n-word.

I started taking responsibility for my actions and actually worked hard instead of complaining. Unfortunately, I got laid off a few months later, so now I am back to being an n-word at my new job.

It is what it is.

Nice try redneck !!!!!!!!!!!!

Said I was stupid and hired based on diversity quota. I reported it and since there was no witness nothing happened. Now I was just put on a plan and my attorney said I don't have a case. What's my options ?

Try the Cochran Firm, a law firm founded by legendary attorney Johnnie L.Cochran, Jr. over four decades ago.
Call us now @ 800-THE-FIRM

What was the time frame between this flagrant EEOC violation and the performance plan ? Was it your manager who initiated the plan? Did you sign performance plan document ?

What was the time frame between this flagrant EEOC violation and the performance plan ? Was it your manager who initiated the plan? Did you sign performance plan document ?

I believe you have a MAJOR LAWSUIT my friend. You need to contact the attorney general of the state you reside in. Subject: civil rights: hate crime. I expect they will assign an attorney to this case pronto. Remember whether or not you have an explicit witness it doesn't matter. If you can shown 'intent, a pattern of behavior, or juris prudence.' you are in, my friend. You could conceivably receive punitive damages that amount to ten years of salary, AT A MINIMUM ! This may have side tracked your career, caused mental anguish, etc. This is big time, and wish you well. Also, if state attorney general does not act quickly consider the US attorney - civil rights division in Washington DC. Best of luck !

My manager who said this to me was also African American. Attorney said my case wont hold water and two other attorneys wouldn't take case on contingency. Wanted ten grand up front and couldn't guarantee I would prevail.

I believe you have a MAJOR LAWSUIT my friend. You need to contact the attorney general of the state you reside in. Subject: civil rights: hate crime. I expect they will assign an attorney to this case pronto. Remember whether or not you have an explicit witness it doesn't matter. If you can shown 'intent, a pattern of behavior, or juris prudence.' you are in, my friend. You could conceivably receive punitive damages that amount to ten years of salary, AT A MINIMUM ! This may have side tracked your career, caused mental anguish, etc. This is big time, and wish you well. Also, if state attorney general does not act quickly consider the US attorney - civil rights division in Washington DC. Best of luck !

There was no injuries or threats made You need to learn the law. Thanks anyway.

There was no injuries or threats made You need to learn the law. Thanks anyway.

'Injuries' is an ambiguous term. Injuries can be mental, monetary, religious, ethnic, as well as physical. I can find numerous MDs and SAEs (Subject Area Experts) who will attest to that (in court). As far as threats what about the PIP ? Carefully read the T&C associated with the 'corrective action'. Is it biased? And as far as both being the same ethnic / race that could pose a problem but is NOT insurmountable if the supervisor was following 'company policy or usual behavior' in this regard. I still believe the case is strong for a civil rights - hate crime.

Good luck with the lawsuit !