More field rides in 2024

anonymous

I am a ABL and non of us are happy about this. We were reps and know how difficult access has become. This is all coming down from leadership and not much we can do. I have a good relationship with my team and this is destroying our culture. Many of us are ready to leave.

<

Agree. And….upper management continues to move the goalposts. It used to be 110 ride days a year, then recently 120, now it’s a 4 week moving average metric, some regions want 4 a week, etc. nobody likes this, especially most of the ABLs.

What is the reason behind the increase in field rides? Also what do the directors have to say about the increase?

Allow me to let you in on a few things:

1. Your company is below average.
2. Micromanagement is what big pharma is about.
3. Do the math on how to proceed in your career.

You see all these downsizings, every year, in this company and in the industry, but you still can't do the math.

Then, you allow these companies to treat you like a child and think they own you outside of 8-5. Treat you like a child, and you put up with it because you...

Don't take ownership of your career. Things are never going to change until you find a company that better aligns with your skills and values.

These companies value your enslavement. You think they are paying you well for that, so you put up with it and get micromanaged. Meanwhile, if you were more creative, you can find jobs that treat you like and adult and in many cases, pay much better.

You see all these downsizings, every year, in this company and in the industry, but you still can't do the math.

Then, you allow these companies to treat you like a child and think they own you outside of 8-5. Treat you like a child, and you put up with it because you...

Don't take ownership of your career. Things are never going to change until you find a company that better aligns with your skills and values.

These companies value your enslavement. You think they are paying you well for that, so you put up with it and get micromanaged. Meanwhile, if you were more creative, you can find jobs that treat you like and adult and in many cases, pay much better.

Pretty self confident for someone who is also at Novartis. Even if you claim to have left, you’re still lurking the Novartis cafepharma boards.

If you actually take a look at top leadership and decision makers, they don’t even have experience where they’re at. Dez was a primary care rep not that long ago and most recently at Microsoft, what? Some worked outside of pharma, I’ve heard they decimated the people with RLT experience and stuck people in to make decisions who just want it on their resume. You’re killing the culture! You’re now going to screw up an expansion because some zs dolt said we need to do xyz. Listen to your people!

When you say creative, are you referring to a different industry and remaining in sales? I often wonder if I would get more satisfaction selling high-end motor vehicles, at least people would perhaps listen to me and take my expertise seriously.

When you say creative, are you referring to a different industry and remaining in sales? I often wonder if I would get more satisfaction selling high-end motor vehicles, at least people would perhaps listen to me and take my expertise seriously.

Don't lose sight of who you do this for. The fact that nobody in management takes reps seriously is incidental.
Your accounts take you seriously, at least the ones that matter do. What Dez and his constellation of ass-kissers think of me and my ability is totally irrelevant. They're fucking idiots who haven't added a dime to the bottom line since the day they got here.
Show up for your accounts. They're the ones you'll need when shit goes sideways in a few months.

Don't lose sight of who you do this for. The fact that nobody in management takes reps seriously is incidental.
Your accounts take you seriously, at least the ones that matter do. What Dez and his constellation of ass-kissers think of me and my ability is totally irrelevant. They're fucking idiots who haven't added a dime to the bottom line since the day they got here.
Show up for your accounts. They're the ones you'll need when shit goes sideways in a few months.
That’s a fair point. I was hired because of those relationships and I’m going to do my best to not allow bad Novartis decisions to wreck them. Just not bothering with prospecting, projects, or really that “one extra call.”

That’s a fair point. I was hired because of those relationships and I’m going to do my best to not allow bad Novartis decisions to wreck them. Just not bothering with prospecting, projects, or really that “one extra call.”
It's a waste of time- little to no access- look over reports... two hour lunch- drop off literature-what a joke this job is

Best advice I’ve ever seen on this page, Haven’t been here in years and heard from another rep today that people were already disgruntled going into 24’. It’s a shame that we even care what management thinks.

I really like my manager but I hope
That offices start banning managers from offices. I already have two docs that have said no more managers in the office because of how pushy they get

Best advice I’ve ever seen on this page, Haven’t been here in years and heard from another rep today that people were already disgruntled going into 24’. It’s a shame that we even care what management thinks.
That’s where the problem lies. If you cared you’d be performing at a much higher level. The worst part of my job is placing reps like you on PIPs. If reps listened to their coaches, there would be no PIPs.