Medical Sales College. Is it for Real?

You are selling yourself short with a 35 hour week.

Yes, you are doing good. But, your standard is too low. I am not saying to become consumed with work, but if you don't put in a 7-5 day, everyday, then you are soft.

Beer is for fools too. Do you have that figured out, at least? Research the estrogen levels in beer, and maybe you can discover why you are having trouble working longer hours.

I would make no more money working another 10 hours a week, so why bother? I am thankful for my work hour situation. I am not a stranger to my family.

Working longer hours with no measureable benefit would make me an idiot. Work smarter, not harder.

As for beer, when you put down all of your genetically modified food, food with antibiotics, growth hormones, increased levels of estrogen in soy, etc, we can talk. So I have higher estrogen levels, who cares? I can feel my tits up on the road when I am by myself....Winning.

Unlike all the posts on Cafepharma that have remained anonymous, this post will be very different.

First let me say that every post you see in opposition will be presented anonymously which I conclude almost all of them are the same person.

Hmmm....

QUOTE=Anonymous;4208900]JT,

Great question. We have actually never changed our name. We incorporated as the Medical Sales College back in 2010. You see several posts that mention AIMS or American Institute of Medical Sales (Which was the same company) that was the original concept behind our company. The difference was that AIMS which started in 2008 was both a recruitment company and taught medical sales education. In late 2010 due to the size of enrollment, the Education Department for Colorado requested that AIMS register and license as a state college. This request required multiple corporations and forced the company into bonding requirements, additional staff and application to approve programs. At that time, a new ownership group was created, additional funds were brought in and two new companies were formed both the Medical Sales College and AIMS Medical Sales Recruiting. As a licensed college in the state of Colorado, the rules require a complete split of education and recruitment. Therefore, the Medical Sales College was utilizing a separate placement services arm to help graduates.

I can see where that would appear like the original company the American Institute of Medical Sales (AIMS) changed their name to the Medical Sales College and AIMS Medical Sales Recruiting. In actuality, both of those corporations are based on a different ownership, and structure and therefore the Medical Sales College hasn’t changed their name.

As far a a track record and stability. We are pleased with the stability and track record for the Medical Sales College. The college has never received and complaint at any level. Our track record is impeccable. You can track the history be either calling Jim Parker who is the Director at the Department of Education which will tell you that a complaint has never been filled or through searching sites such as the BBB that has followed us since 2010 and although we have not PAID for registration of the BBB, you will notice zero complaints for the school. Furthermore, another big factor that differentiates us from the previous AIMS, is that the Medical Sales College has never offered any type of refund, guarantee and is fully bonded that protects any student 100% in the instance where a compliant would exist.

As far as the reputation, the Medical Sales College has a verified solid track record as to both the performance and placement of former graduates. You will see several publications that have recognized the school all the way to corporations such as CBS Money Watch recommending as the gateway to medical sales as required training.

The real validation however comes in the form of interested parties and those same parties utilizing our education. You will notice on our website more than 60 executives from the top manufacturers that have taken time from their respective schedules to visit and tour our facilities. In almost every case, those same executives post touring our facility have endorsed our programs and we have seen several graduates representing each one of those companies. In addition, many of the top manufactures have also given us to opportunity to work with their existing sales force teaching our sales training platform. Those companies can be seen on the website as well.

Shannon Marshall
Director of Social Media
Medical Sales College[/QUOTE]

From a recruiters perspective!

When a recruiter receives a resume, all candidates fall into one of the following six groups.

1) Experienced reps that are performing at a high level in the industry
2) Experienced reps that are NOT performing at a high level in the industry
3) Experienced reps that are NOT performing at a high level and NOW out of the industry
4) Non-experienced reps that are performing at a high level outside of the industry
5) Non-experienced reps that are NOT performing at a high level outside the industry
6) Non–experienced no sales at all

1) Experienced medical sales reps that are performing at a high level in the industry

- They are not applying for jobs
- They would network with established connections within the industry
- Recruiters job to search them out
- They would not take an entry-level position or underperforming vacated position (most openings)

2) Experienced medical sales reps that are NOT performing at a high level in the industry

- No thank you!

3) Experienced medical sales reps that are NOT performing at a high level and NOW out of the industry

- No thank you!

4) Non-experienced reps that are performing at a high level outside of the industry

- Very interested in this candidate

5) Non-experienced reps that are NOT performing at a high level outside the industry

- No thank you!

6) Non–experienced no sales at all

- Only in entry-level positions where required from employing customers

As a recruiter, this is the process utilized to identify the best candidate.

Experienced medical sales representatives with relevant experience to the job applied will always receive the most consideration for the position. First and foremost, the employer wants a successful track record along with established relationships. Due to non-competes / non-solicit agreements, this candidate is hard to locate. If located, they have a lot at risk because experience has shown that not all of the relationships will move with you. The candidate is aware of this, as well, the employer.

Experienced medical sales representatives without relevant experience to the job applied. This candidate will be in consideration as long as their respective track record has shown success. Most of my employers are looking for the top 10% in this group.

Non-experienced medical sales representatives that have performed in their current position. We receive a large number of resumes per open position that will fit into this group. The challenge for this candidate is how to differentiate yourself from the other applying candidates. This is where we have seen great success using the graduates of the Medical Sales College. In reading that some companies are now sending and paying for candidates to attend as condition of employment, validates the quality and demand for the medical sales education.

Hope this helps!

Jim, you have been using this same positioning statement for years.

I am not surprised that once again people are taking shots at the program.

In the last couple weeks, MSC has launched several NEW programs that have threatened the industry once again.

Medical Sales Training Programs – Competitors

With the launch of Med Sales Career, is it really any surprise that the day after they expose the RMSR program, someone throws personal attacks at the Medical Sales College and employees? RMSR was a multi-million dollar scam that MSC exposed.

You think they might be a little pissed off?

www.medsalescareer.com/rmsr-scam

For those that want online training, Med Sales Career offers medical sales information FREE.

www.medsalescareer.com

Medical Sales Job Boards – Competitors

Medical Sales College just launched the only medical sales job board FREE that has eliminated the use of medical sales recruiters and traditional job boards. More than 1,400 jobs all direct from the medical sales companies. Needless to say, this will eliminate revenue for all the medical sales job boards. No resume collecting recruiters, just REAL JOBS!

You think medical sales job boards are happy?

www.medsalesjob.com

Finally, with more than 4,000 contacts with hiring managers, the Medical Sales College has launched an industry first MEDICAL SALES CAREER FAIR.

In the first month, MSC has hosted fairs in Houston, Chicago, Denver and Oakland. Look at the following link and the top device hiring mangers that attended.

http://medsalescareer.com/medical-sales-career-fair-candidates/

The event is FREE for both the hiring manager and candidate.

You think recruiters are happy competing against FREE?

As for the college, this is exactly why you should only attend a LICENSED, REGUALTED and BONDED program. As a student, you are protected 100% as the State of Colorado holds a bond that protects 100% of any student tuition.

http://highered.colorado.gov/dpos/schools/faq.html

I guess RMSR must have legally threatened medsalescareer.com since link is dead now:

http://medsalescareer.com/rmsr-scam

Also wondering why medsalescareer.com disses RMSR but then lists them as a legit training program?

http://medsalescareer.com/medical-sales-training-programs/

In reading the website at www.medsalescareer.com/medical-sales-training-programs, it lists all the available training programs and suggest only the licensed and regulated programs like:

Medical Sales College
ATI

It does not suggest or endorse the RMSR as a "legit" training program.

Still funny. I still don't get the point of this program. I just finished up my taxes a few weeks ago and I did amazingly well in device last year, started a few years ago post-recession, and didn't need this program.

Should I quit my job and back to this school to learn how to do my job?

I have recently researched the MSC, have spoken to Jim Rogers, Scott Binder, and Kim Smalley. During the research I contacted approx. 12 MSC graduates. All had nothing but positive things to say about the college. Of the 12 I called, 5 had no sales experience and are all still employed in the industry 1-2 years into their medical sales careers.

I will most likely attend the college. I may even utilize the services of EliteMed from the start. The expectations one should have are black and white; they do not promise anything! They give you the tools and education to succeed. Once you leave the college as that star QB; its game time in the NFL! YOU need to win the job and keep it. Go get your own interviews and utilize the recruiters as necessary but assume all the responsibility and go find your own job. Quit being lazy and pointing fingers. Be the hunter ( not my line but had to use it bc it fits;))!!

I have recently researched the MSC, have spoken to Jim Rogers, Scott Binder, and Kim Smalley. During the research I contacted approx. 12 MSC graduates. All had nothing but positive things to say about the college. Of the 12 I called, 5 had no sales experience and are all still employed in the industry 1-2 years into their medical sales careers.

I will most likely attend the college. I may even utilize the services of EliteMed from the start. The expectations one should have are black and white; they do not promise anything! They give you the tools and education to succeed. Once you leave the college as that star QB; its game time in the NFL! YOU need to win the job and keep it. Go get your own interviews and utilize the recruiters as necessary but assume all the responsibility and go find your own job. Quit being lazy and pointing fingers. Be the hunter ( not my line but had to use it bc it fits;))!!
Sounds like an ad for the school posted by an employee, not like a prospective enrollee.....

Sounds like an ad for the school posted by an employee, not like a prospective enrollee.....

People that can't see this as a scam are going to get taken for more money in other scams, like real estate and stocks.

Sometimes, it takes pain to learn.

So, those of you that think this college is legit, listen to us and save your money!

Oh gawd, crawl back under a rock and go generate your own leads. Cafepharma, I smell traffic diversion!!!!!

Oh boy, tired sports rhetoric used to help motivate me.

The most successful people I know in sales just get the job done and don't talk like this.

If CP were yelp.com, this post would have gotten filtered for being suspect.

First, nobody is getting into a legit medical device without a Bachelors Degree.

Some other things to consider:

1. There are a lot of great sales jobs out there that don't require a degree.

2. Medical device sales is not that great, because you have to deal with a lot of big egos.

3. Making 200k isn't a big deal anymore.

The moral of the story is don't be a sucker and buy a terrible product, and this college is a terrible product.

First, nobody is getting into a legit medical device without a Bachelors Degree.

Some other things to consider:

1. There are a lot of great sales jobs out there that don't require a degree.

2. Medical device sales is not that great, because you have to deal with a lot of big egos.

3. Making 200k isn't a big deal anymore.

The moral of the story is don't be a sucker and buy a terrible product, and this college is a terrible product.

200 grand a year is a very nice living for a family, especially when the median household income in the US is 1/4 of that number.

Egos exist in any sales job where you are selling to professionals who are good and what they do and where it ooh hard work to get there. In my previous life, I sold non-medical equipment to business owners who had hundreds of people they employed, and who made considerably more than nearly all Doctors I meet. The egos were there too.

200 grand a year is a very nice living for a family, especially when the median household income in the US is 1/4 of that number.

Egos exist in any sales job where you are selling to professionals who are good and what they do and where it ooh hard work to get there. In my previous life, I sold non-medical equipment to business owners who had hundreds of people they employed, and who made considerably more than nearly all Doctors I meet. The egos were there too.

Then, I would say that, that sales job you had was not that great if you had to deal with the big egos.

Medical sale is way over-rated. Terrible access. Unreasonable management. Very little stability.

In short, you are a slave to the company in most cases. There are some good, smaller companies that you have play around with through, and still make 100k plus working 20-30 hours and make a lot in bonus. But, you have to be really good at selling.

Then, I would say that, that sales job you had was not that great if you had to deal with the big egos.

Medical sale is way over-rated. Terrible access. Unreasonable management. Very little stability.

In short, you are a slave to the company in most cases. There are some good, smaller companies that you have play around with through, and still make 100k plus working 20-30 hours and make a lot in bonus. But, you have to be really good at selling.

yes, that job I referred to was for selling copiers. Of course it sucked. I was right out of college.

You don't understand medical device sales if you think access is terrible. If you sell a good product they actually want to buy, the Doctor WANTS to see you. In Nov. and December, access is so good that I am telling Doctors that demos and appointments are a 2-3 week wait. And so are my competitors, they are telling these Doctors the same thing.

There is a lot of stability in device sales. You have to have a good product with a well known company and know how to sell. It is pretty simple.

Walking Eagle,

Looking at this thread I completely disagree with you. It is clear that back in 2012, someone was clearly after this company. 655 of the 719 posts are in 2012. I do not see any trend in which the company is “promoting the product!”

If it was a scam, I hardly believe they would be licensed as a college. I doubt they would have a perfect record with the education agency and the BBB. Lastly, after 665 posts in 2012, wouldn’t they have hundreds of students that graduated from the program post that date? If so, why is it that none of their students are complaining?

I also see a press release where they received approval from the US Government to train ex-military. I doubt the military would pay for scams.

2011- 4 Posts (.5%)
2012 – 665 posts (92.5%)
2013 – 18 posts (2.5%)
2014 – 32 posts (4.5%)

I think the the trend of posting proves the authenticity of the college. Well that and the success of the students.