Mass resignations in Pfizer Oncology

Anonymous

Has anyone noted the number of people leaving Pfizer Oncology recently?: from key leaders in the research area to commercial staff, to others in every part of the organization? I am not directrly connected to Garry Nicholson's day to day activities but it is embarrasing when a promotion memo goes out just to have that guy resign the next day. Someone should investigate what is going on? Where is Ian Read? I thought he was so savy about the entire organization. Doesn't he see what is going on? Or is he now like Frank McKinnel -Surrounded by Yes people who have isolated him and only tell him what he wants to hear. He should look in the mirror and and he see that the emperor has no clothes.

<

Has anyone noted the number of people leaving Pfizer Oncology recently?: from key leaders in the research area to commercial staff, to others in every part of the organization? I am not directrly connected to Garry Nicholson's day to day activities but it is embarrasing when a promotion memo goes out just to have that guy resign the next day. Someone should investigate what is going on? Where is Ian Read? I thought he was so savy about the entire organization. Doesn't he see what is going on? Or is he now like Frank McKinnel -Surrounded by Yes people who have isolated him and only tell him what he wants to hear. He should look in the mirror and and he see that the emperor has no clothes.

"Frank McKinnell"...your stupidity knows no bounds...thanks for sharing

It is happening all across the organization. The stars are leaving and many of them are going to work for the competitor...all because of a lack of leadership.
It troubles me to see so much of the talent leaving as political appointments are made promoting incompetency into leadership positions. It makes you wonder how we ever let it get this bad!

Yes. Compliance should investigate was is going on here. We are being made to betray our principles to stay employed, just because a guy with no decency is now in charge. How does Garry Nicholson justify his push for sales without even an understanding of what we are able to do? Unless you give him what he wants, you are out. I do not blame my DM. He is under the same pressure I am. He also needs to feed his family and this jerky organization just has no other principle than suck the life out of all of us. They call this a great place to work. Yeah, great if you are also a miserable human being with no integrity.

Yes. Compliance should investigate was is going on here. We are being made to betray our principles to stay employed, just because a guy with no decency is now in charge. How does Garry Nicholson justify his push for sales without even an understanding of what we are able to do? Unless you give him what he wants, you are out. I do not blame my DM. He is under the same pressure I am. He also needs to feed his family and this jerky organization just has no other principle than suck the life out of all of us. They call this a great place to work. Yeah, great if you are also a miserable human being with no integrity.

Contact DDMAC's FDA bad ad program to blow the whistle. badad@fda.gov or 877-RX-DDMAC. We want to talk with you.

No doubt, Pfizer Oncology has the sorriest, weakest leadership in the entire organization. Bringing in some of these Wyeth turds was a horrible mistake.

Pfizer has no oncology experience. Adding Wyeth doubled oncology presence. Get a grip! You're no Genentech.

How long before layoffs happen again in Pfizer Oncology. Xalkori is not doing very much nationally. Oncology has had 3 layoffs-2006 and 2 in 2009. We have too many TSRs and it's bound to happen again. Bringing on 30 more and the split between kidney and lung was crazy.

I actually feel better about this division than I have since I have been part of it. We have some drugs with good patent protection. We should be getting another one approved early next yr, and possibly another one later in the year. With previous layoffs our territories are large. Granted, mgmt is still clueless but u can't expect that ever to change. All things considered this is about as good as one can feel at this point in time with this company.

This is a corporate wide phenomena. We are now seeing it in vaccines. Public sector sales are right on target. Private sector sales are in the shitter. Why? Because no one understands what promotional aids are needed in the private market. After a year, we finally get one useful piece of information that we can ORALLY give in the office (no leave behind) and wham - we shoot it down with our second price increase in 9 months along with stingy allocations as to what a customer is allowed to buy-in at the old price. Yet someone at the top remains under the illusion that if we send out enough 'rep generated letters' (for their circular files) or do enough KOL presentations (which amount to a doctor readingt a PI) to insult their intelligence - sales will increase.

Years ago there was a book called 'The Peter Principle'. This principal is in full swing at Wyeth Vaccines.

I actually feel better about this division than I have since I have been part of it. We have some drugs with good patent protection. We should be getting another one approved early next yr, and possibly another one later in the year. With previous layoffs our territories are large. Granted, mgmt is still clueless but u can't expect that ever to change. All things considered this is about as good as one can feel at this point in time with this company.

Mgt is clueless, to say the least. Access seems to be getting much tighter. We still have way too many reps. Sutent and Torisel look stagnant and Criz is really off to a slow start. We do need something new. Pfizer takes a mega hit overall when Lipitor LOE happens at the end of this month. This is bound to impact us all in Pfizer regardless of which division we are in.

Mgt is clueless, to say the least. Access seems to be getting much tighter. We still have way too many reps. Sutent and Torisel look stagnant and Criz is really off to a slow start. We do need something new. Pfizer takes a mega hit overall when Lipitor LOE happens at the end of this month. This is bound to impact us all in Pfizer regardless of which division we are in.

So true!

It's all legacy Pfizer's fault. No one else left to blame.