• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Layoffs coming soon...Severance Package just reduced

WCoast IS rep here...we have been told our division is safe...in fact we have numerous companies begging us to partner with us in the hospitals. Now if we could get into these said hospitals,then I would have a little more confidence in our future. O well, I'll have to spend a little more time in my VA hospitals...bahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Once again this company is unbelievable. In Chuck Hill's email he basically said we are reducing the severance package to be in line with other companies in the industry. I couldn't give a crap what the other companies are doing. I give a crap about what this company is doing. I know someone at Sanofi Aventis who got let go and their severance was 13 weeks and 3 weeks per year of service. Once again they think were going to believe the crap that is spewed out of Pfizer Corporate which resides on that rat infested island they call New York City. Whatever happened to the Pfizer that offered the best as opposed to this comparison B.S. He also attributes the cuts to the times the industry is facing, yet Chainsaw Ian Read gets a 44% increase in compensation from the Board of Directors. The company is number 5 in cash, 25 to 30 billion dollars. Talk about hypocrisy, and they want us to own it, please.

Once again this company is unbelievable. In Chuck Hill's email he basically said we are reducing the severance package to be in line with other companies in the industry. I couldn't give a crap what the other companies are doing. I give a crap about what this company is doing. I know someone at Sanofi Aventis who got let go and their severance was 13 weeks and 3 weeks per year of service. Once again they think were going to believe the crap that is spewed out of Pfizer Corporate which resides on that rat infested island they call New York City. Whatever happened to the Pfizer that offered the best as opposed to this comparison B.S. He also attributes the cuts to the times the industry is facing, yet Chainsaw Ian Read gets a 44% increase in compensation from the Board of Directors. The company is number 5 in cash, 25 to 30 billion dollars. Talk about hypocrisy, and they want us to own it, please.

This is representative of a philosophy that "I've got mine so fuck you!" So the Pfizer saga continues...the US Supreme Court will help to equalize this matter on April 16, 2012.

Hey Chuck - why don't you release the data behind this survey? In the field, we have to use approved sources, not data on file. We have to be transparent around the data.

Why don't you release the survey that led you to believe our severance package was overpaid compared to competitors? Let us see it.

We simply don't believe you. There will be no own it, until senior management is transparent.

How do we pay for senior leadership's massive benefits, by cutting the working man's benefits?

RELEASE THE SURVEY

The overtime lawsuit is going to be inconsequential to the company in relative terms, the reps involved are going to get pennies, and the scumbag lawyers as usual will walk away rich. Don't be such a fool. The whole lawsuit is a flipping joke anyways and everyone who actually was a rep knows this; I am one of them. This lawsuit was nothing more than scumbag lawyers rallying up everyone who was hurt by layoffs and talked them into retaliating and getting back at Pfizer, thats it. I don't neccessarily blame them for their hurt, but as usual the trial lawyers work the emotions and walk away with a sack of cash, and sadly reps, you will be screwed again. The amount is immaterial to a company Pfizer's size, and if it was material it will just lead to more rep lay-offs to make up for it. It does not hurt the people it should, people like Wilbanks, Duprey, Gulfo and Schmocker and every other elitist narcissist in Pfizer management who should be fired for their incompetence and deplorable leadership. Life goes on.

Did I read a max of 104 weeks? 8 weeks severance and 2 weeks per year of service. Let's see 104-8=96. WHO HAS WORKED AT THIS SHITBAG COMPANY FOR 48 YEARS TO COLLECT MAX SEVERANCE? This shows the disconnect between 235 East 42nd Street and the field.