• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Laid off and need to resign. Anyone do this yet?

anonymous

I was let go in the layoff and need to resign in the next 4-5 weeks because I have an opportunity at anther company. Has anyone else in this situation resigned yet? If so, what sort of questions were you asked? What can I expect?

<

Anyone do this yet?

I hope you secured a job as an English tutor.

As far as your question is concerned, wait as long as you can. You don't want to jeopardize any WARN money.

I was let go in the layoff and need to resign in the next 4-5 weeks because I have an opportunity at anther company. Has anyone else in this situation resigned yet? If so, what sort of questions were you asked? What can I expect?

Calm down and don't worry about it. All that you need to do is resign the day before you start your new job. Given the situation you don't need to give two weeks notice because you will have already returned the company property and your replacement has already been found.
Congrats on your new job.

Anyone do this yet?

I hope you secured a job as an English tutor.

As far as your question is concerned, wait as long as you can. You don't want to jeopardize any WARN money.

Hey jackwagon - its called a title thread. The goal is to keep it meaningful and concise. Maybe when you're done with your career as a signature collector you can secure a job as a professional critical thinker. ;-)

i just went through it. Don't tell manager, HR, or anyone anything until you have signed a contract elsewhere so that you will continue to get paid thru the WARN period. You will still get severance. Notify HR after you are secured with new employment and your last official day will be the day before you started new job. It's all outlined in the severance paperwork we received.

Dont resign and dont say a word. Start the new job. Collect 2 pay checks. When september comes take the severance and good luck on your new job. Dont tell anyone so they dont rat u out.