Iveric Bio

Why are they reposting the same jobs with a different recruiters? If they want reps with retina experience, they are missing a huge opportunity. Here’s a secret. The same 2 people have worked in retina per territory for 80 years. Retina Drs are bored of these same 2 reps. They are complacent. Time for new blood. Retina reps don’t have to push hard because their boss will see they have the “relationships” that they required but they aren’t moving the dial, so what happens next? NOTHING. It must be a bad drug. Management must suck. Blame it on coverage. The rx’s are not there because the company brought on people with “relationships” and not hunters or do’ers. They need energetic, vibrant hustlers who love this job and like to work their a$$ off.

It’s the same analogy as seeing your spouse every day. You like them most of the time and you will eat the dinner they make out of politeness and because you’re hungry, but the neighbor next door peeks your curiosity even more. If she asked you to clean her pool in a blizzard you would. Give Drs someone to be excited about seeing. The newness wore off 80 years ago. Time for fresh blood.

Why are they reposting the same jobs with a different recruiters? If they want reps with retina experience, they are missing a huge opportunity. Here’s a secret. The same 2 people have worked in retina per territory for 80 years. Retina Drs are bored of these same 2 reps. They are complacent. Time for new blood. Retina reps don’t have to push hard because their boss will see they have the “relationships” that they required but they aren’t moving the dial, so what happens next? NOTHING. It must be a bad drug. Management must suck. Blame it on coverage. The rx’s are not there because the company brought on people with “relationships” and not hunters or do’ers. They need energetic, vibrant hustlers who love this job and like to work their a$$ off.

It’s the same analogy as seeing your spouse every day. You like them most of the time and you will eat the dinner they make out of politeness and because you’re hungry, but the neighbor next door peeks your curiosity even more. If she asked you to clean her pool in a blizzard you would. Give Drs someone to be excited about seeing. The newness wore off 80 years ago. Time for fresh blood.
Different recruiters? I had a phone screen months ago and ever heard back. I have about 10 years of eye care but not retina.

I will completely,100% DISAGREE with this post! Retina experience and relationships will be critical when launching a new product for fast uptake. This drug will be 2nd to the market and those account based relationships will determine initial success in the territories.

If it weren’t a launch, and drug has been on the market a year or two, I agree an exceptional rep can do any sales role. But not here.

“The rx’s are not there because the company brought on people with “relationships” and not hunters or do’ers. They need energetic, vibrant hustlers who love this job and like to work their a$$ off. “

when you start calling a buy and bill drug ”Rx’s” that tells the world know you are clueless. Nobody wants a hustler when they assume 100% of the financial responsibility of the drug hoping the payer will cover.

“The rx’s are not there because the company brought on people with “relationships” and not hunters or do’ers. They need energetic, vibrant hustlers who love this job and like to work their a$$ off. “

when you start calling a buy and bill drug ”Rx’s” that tells the world know you are clueless. Nobody wants a hustler when they assume 100% of the financial responsibility of the drug hoping the payer will cover.

The OP didn’t say trx nrx or fills. I think we all understood the point and it’s valid IMO. I am a glaucoma rep with buy and bill but not retina so of course I agree. There are only so many retina reps too. So some of us still have a good chance.

This is a sign to how they will treat their people. May be a cool treatment opportunity but I am steering clear of this company. If you have the ability to choose it would be better to move on.

This is a sign to how they will treat their people. May be a cool treatment opportunity but I am steering clear of this company. If you have the ability to choose it would be better to move on.

This is a tough sell (even for Apellis). The senior leadership only makes it a tougher situation. Anyone who’s worked with/under CS knows better than to join his band of merrymen.

I will completely,100% DISAGREE with this post! Retina experience and relationships will be critical when launching a new product for fast uptake. This drug will be 2nd to the market and those account based relationships will determine initial success in the territories.

If it weren’t a launch, and drug has been on the market a year or two, I agree an exceptional rep can do any sales role. But not here.
I agree! Imagine a new rep taking months to learn the account, when the doc is accessible, know the billing staff, and being trusted, which take a long time to build up. Relationships don't matter? I can give you thousands of examples how in life on how relationships mattered to get jobs, for opportunities, etc. When you dont have relationships you lose precious time and there is no guarantee you'll ever get the relationships. Comparing a sales relationship to marriage and living with a spouse shows complete ignorance and its no wonder why you didnt make the job cut

The team running sales and marketing is the team that ruined the market for retina launches. See the last big launch. And the head of sales is a LIAR who should be drummed out of pharma. The leadership has hired their amoral buddies. One is verrrryclose with senior leadership. They’re badmouthing the competition instead of selling their product. 0% side effects? Even injecting saline has a side effect. Buyer beware.

Anyone who joins them without doing homework on the leadership deserves what they will get.

What do you mean? They ALL crushed the Beovu launch. The head of sales is the one who negotiated that PI with the FDA. The one that failed to mention the occlusive vasculitis they knew they saw in the Phase III. It’s criminal they’re allowed to do this again.

I’m confused- people are already posting they’ve accepted rep jobs but they still are interviewing for other territories? I was waiting to hear back and it went dark, but the territory near me doesn’t seem to be filled yet. Normally a launch sales force all start on the same day to go thru the training process together. If they are still interviewing, are they hiring in waves? This drug won’t even get approved until august and you’ve got the entire apellis team already doing disease state education so what’s the point of hiring so soon anyways?

I’m confused- people are already posting they’ve accepted rep jobs but they still are interviewing for other territories? I was waiting to hear back and it went dark, but the territory near me doesn’t seem to be filled yet. Normally a launch sales force all start on the same day to go thru the training process together. If they are still interviewing, are they hiring in waves? This drug won’t even get approved until august and you’ve got the entire apellis team already doing disease state education so what’s the point of hiring so soon anyways?
They could be hiring in waves, I’ve worked for companies that have done both with a launch. Waves and all at once. There will be a long DSA period which I can tell you is brutal many docs won’t want to see you until you have a product to speak on