It's a witch hunt to fire people. I have been investigated for expenses for a month.

Re: It's a witch hunt to fire people. I have been investigated for expenses for a mon

At least they are still playing with you after a month. I have a friend that got called in and was fired the next week. A month is a gift consider yourself lucky. Usually if you get called in they have a rock solid case. My old coworker is going to trial next month for very serious crimes. Alleged of course, but if convicted a few years behind bars is likely

They always use the "allegation" line. It makes the employee feel as if someone told on them for something. But of course they cannot know what it is or who it was. It is actually a internal issue. Something was discovered internally and they try to deflect it out on others and act as if they are just doing their duty to investigate the "allegation". If you are called in or "investigated" it is over. They have all the info. they need.

Re: It's a witch hunt to fire people. I have been investigated for expenses for a mon

For it to get to this level, they have a solid case. these investigations are not done for fun, but to close an issue. Guess what, you are the issue.

Goodbye!

They always use the "allegation" line. It makes the employee feel as if someone told on them for something. But of course they cannot know what it is or who it was. It is actually a internal issue. Something was discovered internally and they try to deflect it out on others and act as if they are just doing their duty to investigate the "allegation". If you are called in or "investigated" it is over. They have all the info. they need.

Yep. If you are called in, the issue(s) have already been validated. I have never had a rep or DM come back alive, ie, still able to work. Maybe you won't be let go that day, because they have to go back to HR and report the discussion, but in a few days, your DM will call you and set up a meeting where there will be a statement that is read to you. Pretty straight forward.

Also there is no package. Nothing to pay out. It is all part of the plan to slim and trim

Also there is no package. Nothing to pay out. It is all part of the plan to slim and trim

NO! It's part of the continuing plan to get rid of those that steal and cheat. What, you expect a package after the incidents are proven? I don't think so...

Yep. If you are called in, the issue(s) have already been validated. I have never had a rep or DM come back alive, ie, still able to work. Maybe you won't be let go that day, because they have to go back to HR and report the discussion, but in a few days, your DM will call you and set up a meeting where there will be a statement that is read to you. Pretty straight forward.

I know of 1 who made it. 4 fired. 2 prosecuted.

Good! That tells us that Global Investigations and HR are both doing their jobs!

Everyone I have known to go and get fired was guilty of what they said they did, ie: one person was just not working; another was signing the computer on their own, forging the doctors signature. Very stupid, I am not making excuses these people were fools to do so and very unethical, but when you put metrics on every aspect of the job it can break some people to do things they maybe, ( I said Maybe) would not have done...

Everyone I have known to go and get fired was guilty of what they said they did, ie: one person was just not working; another was signing the computer on their own, forging the doctors signature. Very stupid, I am not making excuses these people were fools to do so and very unethical, but when you put metrics on every aspect of the job it can break some people to do things they maybe, ( I said Maybe) would not have done...

My manager was stealing. Thief. Caught, gone, prosecuted. Jailed.

I hope all the guilty stealing pigs are prosecuted to the highest degree and innocent people making innocent mistakes are let off. Please get rid of these stealing asswipes.

Relentless harrassment. Asking me where, when, with who, why. How the hell can I remember? It is all a tactic to get me to say, ok Im done. I quit. Not gonna happen......

I know of 3 people getting sent to AP this week. Such bs

Can never get a serious reply and people come here for advice on what the next move should be....Good God!

I know of 3 people getting sent to AP this week. Such bs

Each and every individual is being looked at through a review process. When a red flag appears a investigation begins. If there is merit to the investigation then the individual is brought in for interrogations. Once a individual is asked to come to HQ the game is over. There is a solid case.

Anyone know of anyone called in for investigation by Global Sec. and kept their job? I am being sent to HQ on Tuesday. If Im done why should I even show?

This happened to me a couple of years ago. I was prepared to just say "I don't recall" and the whole interragation got so ridiculous that it was almost impossible not to respond. The person who I spoke with was very good at trying to trip me up. Some of the types of things she questioned on my expense reports were things like parking, writing in a tip on a receipt, customer in-office lunches...many of these things 3 or 4 years ago. Who doesn't hand write a tip on a meal receipt?? Crazy stuff and her attitude was so "holier than thou." I actually went away thinking I'd done a good job of explaining everything but no sooner did I think that, I found out they were putting me on probation while they completed the investigation. The HR Advocate is NOT your friend. I eventually was let go, but now I am so glad I was. The whole thing was a horrible, humiliating experience, but truly a blessing now that I am at a new company that is 100 times better. Good luck! You'll need it.

Yes, everyone writes the tip on the receipt as it is not rung up on the bill, I have long wondered about that of course, you have your credit card statement that clearly shows the full amount that was charged. I am beggiining to think that once you are marked for getting the boot, its a done deal. Really to bring up things like that 3-4 years ago is hogwash, kind of like the kid who says he was abused, but only brings it up 30 years later, etc. maybe it happened maybe it didnt, but if there is concern on a reciept shouldnt it be questioned by an auditor reviewing expense reports? Did they drop the ball? From what I can tell every expense report is approved by an auditor who looks at it. If a tip is written in simply say hey, can I get the CC statement on this. That can be taken care of in a month or less and clearly show the accuracy. Good luck to anyone who goes to GS. 95% of the time there is a problem that cant be explained everyone makes mistakes. It used to be samples, 10 years ago samples were the number one issue. I had a friend who got let go, they tried to get her to admit that hey everyone makes a mistake, everyone is human, nobody is perfect, etc. she was off 5 boxes of hytrin she basically got let go because she tried to "fix" it on other calls was the way they put it. I got called for being off, on the phone I just kept saying I made a mistake, I recorded inventory as exactly what I had and must have made and error, I dont know, the lady said that is what I wanted to hear, I will close this out and adjust inventory and you start from here. So, dont muddle up your answers be quick concise and shut your mouth. I always leave a tip and have statements showing such. or, Every resturant leaves the tip line blank I fill in accuratley what I actually left as a tip. or, I always follow policy to the Nth degree.