InVentiv recruiters are the WORST

The "Do Not Rehire" list that you recruiters are sharing between Inventiv and Publicis is called blacklisting. Most companies have these lists, which are kept confidentially by only a few handpicked HR employees who work in house. Recruiters and 1099 contractors should not have this list...much less management. Since most don't understand, I want to explain that blacklisting employees is illegal in all 50 states and a written document being emailed to everyone and their dog is the most extreme form of blacklisting. There are protected classes on that list that could nail you to the wall with litigation. There are a few reps that have this list now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I have heard of this blacklist before. Do all company HR's have them and how do you find out if they do and/or if your name has been added to that list unfairly? If a recruiter calls the company, can they get that information?

I have heard of this blacklist before. Do all company HR's have them and how do you find out if they do and/or if your name has been added to that list unfairly? If a recruiter calls the company, can they get that information?

My thinking is that there is not an actual list of names, but these recruiters talk, and HR talks and if you piss one off, they will have you listed as a "no hire"...

think about it: these HR people and recruiters DO NOTHING ALL DAY, so they have time to talk on the phone and gossip...

and a special place is reserved for them in hell if they spread lies about people that are qualifed and are trying to provide for there family...

yes, that is a honest warning to you HR professionals and recruiters. think before you speak badly about someone. you bunch of clowns.

I do not believe InVentiv has such a list, each employee when leaving can ask if they are rehirable for another contract, the vast majority of the personnel are rehirable; even if you had an issue, most employees are able to be rehired-there is a difference between being on a do not hire list, and just not getting an interview because someone was selected that was more qualified

Publicis may have a list, and if they have a warranted reason why the person is not able to be rehired, that's their prerogative, but I have been on a bunch of InVentiv contracts, and I think this would be difficult to verify that InVentiv does not rehire former employees without a really solid reason

You need to focus on the who can hire you ... if you haven't meet the recruiter (in person) or at least had a 4 minute phone call PRIOR to getting booted from earlier contract, maybe referred a good hire to them, then you need to find the person doing the hiring and get them to put your name on top of that stack of growing resumes that appear every morning in the recruiters inbox..good luck

That's the real problem here... these recruiters, not just InVentiv recruiters, are SO SWAMPED, they can't be professional. Try that in any other business. If you can't handle the volume, don't accept the applications. Screen to a level you can handle and treat people like something other than a means to your end (and paycheck). Yes, there may be 500 good people for every position, and if so, then accept what is manageable. In my career, if I didn't keep my word, I would have been unemployed a LONG time ago. It is hell out here and the recruiters that have treated me like crap will be long remembered. I hope the adage Karma is a b!t@h doesn't come back to some of these folks. The selfish ME people suck.

job seekers have to have tough skin and realize who the recruiter's paycheck is signed by....most pharma recruiters can probably recite 98% of what most reps resume and initial phone screen will sound like (award winner, district appointed such and such, contest winner.."I like to think outside the box", "great relationships with my key Rx'ers") sound familiar? well listen and read that 100 times a day...and you're going to get lost in the shuffle.
Good luck with the hunt!

Did you even read the post? Thick skin! 6 months of rejection gives one a thick skin. Again, the number of resumes you read a day isn't the issue. If you say will you will let people know where they stand, let them know. Yes, we know where your paycheck comes from. Like the post said, if you put 10 people forward, let 10 people know their status. If you can't manage that, you're not a professional, just a @#%!!.

I actually thought the contract recruiters were good to work with. They always returned emails, phone calls and were very organized. On the other hand the corporate recruiters are awful and they do the exact opposite of not returning emails or phone calls. The corporate recruiters are glorified customer service reps especially in the Northeast