In hospital nurse reps

I would agree that this true. The only problem I have with the nurse in my area is that she does not give a crap about doing the righht thing.
She has no cardiac experience. 3 months in and she keeps getting important safety information wrong, despite several of us politely correcting her. WTF you are nurse and you can't get the drug interactions correct? I am sort of disgusted that I care more about patients than she does. The only good thing is that working on for us she is not caring for people.
Remember AZ is all about Patient Health First. Nurses are health care providers and patient advocates so it makes perfect sense that AZ would recruit them away from caring for patients to peddle their snake oils. Don't you think? Just staying true to their company mission.

Brilinta increases just because time passes.

AZ could close and it would increase until the stock ran out.

Honestly, it is just a typical drug launch in the U.S. Companies expect "blockbuster" status for their baby in just a year. When that does not happen they consider the launch a failure and start freaking out. Most CV drug launches especially when not a totally new and remarkable product, take about three years. This is Brilinta's year. Two years on the market before doctors in the U.S. trust a new product because they do not trust big pharma any more. Too many products of late end up on the morning news or yanked in two years due to unforeseen safetly issues. Brilinta does NOT appear to fall in that tragic catagory.

So, use will now progress just like you said. I think the bigger question is will B become a billion dollar drug? How about never! I mean that. It is a better mousetrap. But that does not matter anymore when cost trumps everything. The SOB and risk of NONCABG bleeding are a concern as is BID. Hence, you can bet there will be sales cuts sometime next year. NO TERRITORY NEEDS THREE, FOUR AND FIVE PEOPLE CALLING ON THE SAME 10 ACCOUNTS AND SAME 90 TARGETS!!! Customers are really pissed off. NO LAB ON THE PLANET IS GOING TO WANT TO SEE ALL BUT ONE OF YOU EVERY QUARTER AT THIS POINT. WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO GO? OFFICES ARE CLOSED AND IF ONLY ONE CAN GET IN THE LAB, THE OTHER THREE ARE LEFT OUT TO JUST DRIVE AROUND AND FAKE CALLS! Anyone reading this and thinking of coming to AZ CV Specialty, think again. This will be one short ride. How do you think they will decide who to keep?

(Usually, it goes: protected class, age, disability or Vet status, followed by location, cost to severe vs cost to keep - so high paid low cost to severe = gone first vs low pay high cost to severe, lastely they look at HR history and ranking. In other words, if you were just hired in the last three years and make 110k in salary, are under the age of 50 and a white male or female - you are gone!) Hand raising might save a few of us. AZ also has about twice to three times as many managers as needed.

Here is another thought. While I think the nurses are great, they are TERRIBLE SALES PEOPLE! The cannot sell at all. (Sorry!) Yet AZ hired them just as the old team was all ramped up and managed care was stepping on board. What are the odds this contract brain child gets all the credit for the increase in sales? I do not think that is the case as I see our AZ SOV is high and managed markets as well as marketing are all ramped up and have been - so WE ARE WORKING OUT! (Too many of us now.) But I would bet money they cut AZ and keep the nurses. LMAO - sales WILL drop like a rock.

Here is another thought. While I think the nurses are great, they are TERRIBLE SALES PEOPLE! The cannot sell at all. (Sorry!) Yet AZ hired them just as the old team was all ramped up and managed care was stepping on board. What are the odds this contract brain child gets all the credit for the increase in sales? I do not think that is the case as I see our AZ SOV is high and managed markets as well as marketing are all ramped up and have been - so WE ARE WORKING OUT! (Too many of us now.) But I would bet money they cut AZ and keep the nurses. LMAO - sales WILL drop like a rock.

It's a fair assessment to say that the nurses sell about as well as our hospital sales reps.

It's a fair assessment to say that the nurses sell about as well as our hospital sales reps.

Waste of post. Hospital reps sell fine.

Nurses do not sell at all. Their skills sets and personal desires would lock them in to a catatonic state should they ever be asked to close. They aren't sales people.

Like many of the people we've hired in the last 15 years at AZ.

Years ago they stopped hiring sales people and started hiring educated college grads who they hoped would show an aptitude for business and eventually replace David Brennan. Unfortunately most of them were average kids, some hard workers, with no feel for customers or business. Mix them in with the bullshitters who were loose appendages in marketing and you see where the problems lie.

And now the company is full of misguided, misdirected, disappointed, passive aggressive people who have no idea why they failed. All they know is that its good money and they don't want it to end, and its everyone else's fault that AZ is going down the shitter.

Did you notice that all of the nurse's managers have over 10 years hospital sales management experience. Most in the CV space and they all have more hospital sales management experience than their counterparts. HMMMMM......I wonder which way this is going?