Renal Cardio Hospital expansion

I’m a AZ CV specialty rep, and I agree with some of the above posters, there’s no reason to give the ZS reps a bunch of crap. They didn’t ask for this situation. None of them signed up for the situation they got into with Brilinta and their product getting held up in the FDA for two years. I’ve gotten to work with several of them over the past two years and to be honest I’ve had nothing but positive vibes from them and they’re great people. Yes they hate the big Pharma environment and some of the changes that have come upon them with the transition to this company, but there’s no reason to be hard on them for a situation they didn’t ask or sign up for. And yes many stayed just because of the stock options that they get. Wouldn’t you? They signed up with a very small biotech company with a completely different culture which was anti-big Pharma culture and ended up in the shit environment of our company now. Selling shitty ass Brilinta. Don’t blame that on them, that’s not their fault. Best thing all of us can do right now is try our hardest to get onto the Reno- cardio side if we can. I have heard pretty consistently that the district managers in that division are very good, real world managers and great to work for. Maybe this will be the first division that can set an example of a good culture to the rest of AZ and AZ can learn from how the prior ZS culture fosters Positivity and reps that want to be here and want to work and are happy with their work environment and company. Which then he equates to a stronger work ethic, people happy, working and driving market share. I think that’s where the renal cardio division is heading with the people I’ve spoken to and what I’ve heard and I hope I can be a part of it. The next frustrating thing I forsee happening is counterparts of mine that suck getting pulled over to that division because they either kiss ass or have bullshit numbers that are good and are not a reflection of their actual capabilities. That’s going to be the next frustrating thing, seeing reps get pulled over there that don’t deserve it and the ones that do deserve it not getting pulled over there.

Well of course. That has always been the case at AZ and big Pharma in general because they cannot possibly equate sales to actual personal performance so it all becomes subjective. Who can kiss ass the best and spread rumors about their counterparts and back stab.

The territory maps are out there now just ask your manager if you’re in CV. They are huge geographies! I’m curious how many people are really going to want to go from a good gig in the hospital with Brilinta to a gigantic territory with absolutely no increase in pay to launch a new product. Good opportunity but no incentive to want the job.