• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

I recently left Eisai for a new sales position

OK, there aren't any division managers making 300k base salary maybe 250k max. I don't care where you work. I do agree Eisai people are under paid at all levels due to stock, RSUs, 401K matching and all benefits etc..

OK, there aren't any division managers making 300k base salary maybe 250k max. I don't care where you work. I do agree Eisai people are under paid at all levels due to stock, RSUs, 401K matching and all benefits etc..

You are clueless…$250K base is low for tenured managers at biotech oncology companies. Reps are making $225 bases, so what do you think managers are making?

The managers here are clueless and couldn’t sniff $250k if you handed it to them…the regionals included

Agree with you there. Anyway I know for a fact that tenured oncology managers at good biotechs are making $275k to $300k in base salary. A good friend of mine works at a competitor of ours and they are making $285K base with 12 years of oncology management experience, with most of her reps are making over $200K. It’s not that uncommon once you get out of big pharma/multi-therapeutic companies. She said since they don’t have a primary care division they don’t have to battles about pay inequalities between divisions. Sounds like a dream…hoping to join her when they build out soon.

Think about it this way…as this is why you rarely see tenured oncology mangers flow our way-save for the occasional unwanted left behind dinosaur-yet managers leave here as soon as they can and it isn’t for less money.

Another one bites the dust!! Thanks South RBL!!!
Another one, you mean two more bit the dust. Does anyone not see its the leader that’s the issue? He is so primary care and doesn’t know how to talk to people. He wants to ride with us, my customers told me he isn’t allowed in their office. He is not good with customers, OSS’s and loves hearing himself talk.

Unless something changes soon, more in South are trying to leave but, he doesn't know what to do besides treat people like they are stupid and he knows everything. Just ask him

I'm resigning next week. I hope things change or turnover will continue. There are some good people but, if I wanted a primary care job, I would still go somewhere different. Eisai can be in oncology if they want but, they need to start acting like they understand the market. It's oncology not selling advil.

179K per year plus commission, 7% match in 401K vested from the start. Toyota Rav4 for car, AND, the company has a pipeline so, it's a career move. I just do not see Eisai as having a great future, management is poor at best and morale is terrible.

179K per year plus commission, 7% match in 401K vested from the start. Toyota Rav4 for car, AND, the company has a pipeline so, it's a career move. I just do not see Eisai as having a great future, management is poor at best and morale is terrible.
How many years have you been in pharma and what other companies have you worked for? No need to say the names but what specialty you were in would help. I graduated from college in 2017 and have been at 3 companies (trying to increase pay each time) and currently in diabetes in a big pharma company. Hoping to get to 6 figures soon but trying to figure out the best path to do that.

How many years have you been in pharma and what other companies have you worked for? No need to say the names but what specialty you were in would help. I graduated from college in 2017 and have been at 3 companies (trying to increase pay each time) and currently in diabetes in a big pharma company. Hoping to get to 6 figures soon but trying to figure out the best path to do that.

I’d stay at Novo from what you just described