• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

I recently left Eisai for a new sales position

Eisai is the worst company especially in oncology. It is filled with people who have oncology experience and/or are dinosaurs, that burned every bridge and this is the only place they can get a job or it is most people's first oncology job. Either way it is a terrible commercial oncology company filled with big pharma hacks with a primary care approach.

Eisai is the worst company especially in oncology. It is filled with people who have oncology experience and/or are dinosaurs, that burned every bridge and this is the only place they can get a job or it is most people's first oncology job. Either way it is a terrible commercial oncology company filled with big pharma hacks with a primary care approach.

Eisai is a punchline in the industry.

Lets put it this way; Eisai is a small company playing in a big boys world thinking they are big. Everyone knows they aren't except for them. Upper management, RBLs up, have no idea what they are doing. They are making oncology, a primary care position. That alone shows they are clueless. I just left and I miss some people but there are a lot of better jobs out there that have good products and R&D/pipelines. Eisai is a one trick pony.

I agree with the last post, Eisai has one product and it's toxic. If anything goes wrong with merck, Eisai is dead in the water. For that reason, I am looking for other positions outside Eisai. I also agree the mgmt especially in the south are terrible.

And am happy I did. There are many current openings at several companies with much higher base and total comp. My main reason for leaving was the vaccine nonsense these ass wipes try force on employees. There is much more money to be made and I didn’t need to be vaccinated for Covid.

so, how is your new careers in porography?

Listen, stay at Eisai if you have a good manager. Its an easy place to work and if your territory is doing horrible, wait a few months and they will change it and there you have an excuse. If you do not have a good manager, different story, I have a good manager but a bad RBL. Not sure how he got to be an RBL but, it's not sustainable. I think my manager is going to leave because of the RBL even though I hope that doesn't happen. I stay because my manager cuts through the things that are unimportant for us and doesn't waste our time.

Listen, stay at Eisai if you have a good manager. Its an easy place to work and if your territory is doing horrible, wait a few months and they will change it and there you have an excuse. If you do not have a good manager, different story, I have a good manager but a bad RBL. Not sure how he got to be an RBL but, it's not sustainable. I think my manager is going to leave because of the RBL even though I hope that doesn't happen. I stay because my manager cuts through the things that are unimportant for us and doesn't waste our time.

"Good manager" at Eisai is an oxymoron. There are no good managers here. If they were "good" they would be at one of the good oncology biotechs/startups making a lot more money. We have wannabes here...and the occasional has beens who should have retired a decade ago.

Good front line managers at oncology biotechs are making close to $300K base salaries, $75K at plan and millions in options/RSU's...the managers at Eisai are not remotely close to sniffing that level of comp package...for good reason. I have a very close friend who got contacted for a second line oncology job and they were making $50K more in base as a frontline manager at their current successful oncology biotech than what we pay our second line managers. The HR person told them they were making closer to what our VP's make...then when you add in their equity, frontline managers at good biotechs are making more than our VP's...that is a fact and tells you all you need to know about what a joke Eisai is. It's entry level oncology...at best.

If you think you have a good managers it's because you don't now any better or they are a do nothing, know nothing lazy manager...that does not equal good.