• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

I finally got my offer

Anonymous

It came yesterday as a Fed-ex Package with the whole shebang!!! Yep, it will be exactly as you were told. Stock (restricted and vested for 3 years) 37,000 target (probably unlimited...but doesn't say) ; a nice welcome letter from JG; opportunity to buy stock at a discount and the salary...oh the salary...$137,600 which is right about where I am at now.

Don't you all get it. low base...you all will have to make it up with your bonus. more room for "aggressive" marketing tactics. Hey, has Gilead entered one of those CIA yet? They do lie. They do lie. they do lie.

so how much are they really paying. I was told that my salary of 142,350 would be matched. Did they misrepresent the truth here. I didn't raise my hand but come on guys ...I am already mentally out the door. Now I am having second thoughts.

I was told that $90,000 to $100,000 was max. VP of Sales would have to approve any base higher than that. Said company knew many reps. would be willing to take less for position.

I was told that $90,000 to $100,000 was max. VP of Sales would have to approve any base higher than that. Said company knew many reps. would be willing to take less for position.

No people. If you are offered a lower salary and are unable to negiotiate higher that is all Gilead will pay for you...sorry. If you are offered a higher base - close to what you are already earning or a match they will offer that. There is a large room for salaries-it all depends what your current base is and then how much they want you and lastly what your territory dictates, for example if there is a lot of talent to pool from or not.

I think offers will come on the tenth for the rest of the country. I will probably be there too. I have been told by JG senior director field operations that I will get my $139,400. I think its just jealous competitors who keep posting that the salary range is only 90K. Come on...Lets be serious. We are talking about the biggest launch since Lipitor.

that is only 1/2 of one patient. A reps salary is for a whole year. give me a freakin break on this 90k Bologna . Someone is lying and I don't think its a company that has increased 76% in market cap in the last 1 1/2 years based solely on Sofosbuvir. Its gotta be that Merck! They just a lying SOB!

OK, I am not sure why there is so much concern over this company. Yes, there is a culture that may not be for everyone. Nobody forced you to take this job. If you cant stand the "culture" than stay at your sleepy IFN company or your losing PI company. Sorry Vertex - you are just out. Oh, and I do mean OUT! Those retention packages will be Sayonara. Just be prepared to make lots of money and put in an honest days work. We do like to "weed out" the slow producers, but I'm OK with that. They always try and leach off my success.

OK, I am not sure why there is so much concern over this company. Yes, there is a culture that may not be for everyone. Nobody forced you to take this job. If you cant stand the "culture" than stay at your sleepy IFN company or your losing PI company. Sorry Vertex - you are just out. Oh, and I do mean OUT! Those retention packages will be Sayonara. Just be prepared to make lots of money and put in an honest days work. We do like to "weed out" the slow producers, but I'm OK with that. They always try and leach off my success.

slow producers aka butt kissers are kept. stars are eliminated. get it straight!!!