How does Janssen treat their over-50 reps?

anonymous

How are these reps, who had at least a month of training every year, in multiple disciplines, especially the academics, and all we wanted to do is use the connections we still had to sell Johnson & Johnson/Janssens drugs, but instead it looks like they wanted to get rid of us, and replace us with cheap substitutes. I find it funny that the last post about losing over 50 reps disappeared. Who is sucking up to Johnson & Johnson?

<

How are these reps, who had at least a month of training every year, in multiple disciplines, especially the academics, and all we wanted to do is use the connections we still had to sell Johnson & Johnson/Janssens drugs, but instead it looks like they wanted to get rid of us, and replace us with cheap substitutes. I find it funny that the last post about losing over 50 reps disappeared. Who is sucking up to Johnson & Johnson?

Why would JNJ get rid of the over 50 crew? The entire industry knows that we are into a commodity sales cycle and that they have the connections and are worth keeping around. I believe the volume of over age posts are increasing because Art has nothing better to do with his time. I recommend you get a new career Art. Your posting on this site has become mundane.

Why would JNJ get rid of the over 50 crew? The entire industry knows that we are into a commodity sales cycle and that they have the connections and are worth keeping around. I believe the volume of over age posts are increasing because Art has nothing better to do with his time. I recommend you get a new career Art. Your posting on this site has become mundane.

I know Art and he's not the CP type. I think the posts are by the usual crew up there who are still a little obsessed with him and can't let go of the fact that he's become a success outside of this company. Let go of it, people. He won.

Which 50 reps were let go? That is a big layoff and I have not heard anything about it. What substitutes? If a person is named here and they object to it, the site can remove the thread if asked to do so.

Which 50 reps were let go? That is a big layoff and I have not heard anything about it. What substitutes? If a person is named here and they object to it, the site can remove the thread if asked to do so.

Not 50 reps you idiot. Reps who are 50 yrs old. And yes they have been systematically removed for several years now at the urging and reward of upper management. I have seen reps go from numerous presidents club wins to "U R outta here" in less then one year. I would say anyone from 48 upward would be targets. If that sounds familiar it is because they killed Janssen Pharma the same way. The bigger question I believe is if this can be saved. With an extremely poor middle management staff I doubt it. Since half of the posts here are from managers, why don't you tell me.

Not 50 reps you idiot. Reps who are 50 yrs old. And yes they have been systematically removed for several years now at the urging and reward of upper management. I have seen reps go from numerous presidents club wins to "U R outta here" in less then one year. I would say anyone from 48 upward would be targets. If that sounds familiar it is because they killed Janssen Pharma the same way. The bigger question I believe is if this can be saved. With an extremely poor middle management staff I doubt it. Since half of the posts here are from managers, why don't you tell me.

If you suck they will nab you before you can make 55 & 10. Sometimes even if you don't suck. Just do your job well and hope that they don't come for you.

Art doesn't work here anymore. He left a while ago. He did get a new career. He does modeling and acting. I myself have seen him on TV and I know some other people who are friends with him on Facebook who tell me there's a lot of photos of him modeling and hanging out with models and celebrities. I don't think this site would be on his agenda if he's living that kind of life. Art, take me with you!

Hit 55 last Fall. Still collecting severance and collecting pension dollars. If one really wants an answer to the question the OP asked, just look around at the next meeting. The company is very good at managing us out.

Good strategy. A lot of us are doing it. Even if you don't hit the jackpot big you can still leave and be comfortable. Play it right and you won't even have to work. I know a couple of reps who did this and have cushy lives right now.
In the meantime, the haters gotta stick with the crap. Funny! And it feels so good when I think of that!

Some people ain't gonna make it to 55. You be gone from JBI by then. And the old folk already goes the good jobs you want a go looking for.

Perfect English. Why do you think they force the older reps out? Over 50 you walk a tight-rope, at 35 you walk a four lane highway. I know a person that was a manager, is extremely qualified and wanted to get back into it. They make her go through all the hoopes but they never really consider her. She could do the job in her sleep. Now they are giving her the "when are you retiring" hints. It is just a damn shame.

Perfect English. Why do you think they force the older reps out? Over 50 you walk a tight-rope, at 35 you walk a four lane highway. I know a person that was a manager, is extremely qualified and wanted to get back into it. They make her go through all the hoopes but they never really consider her. She could do the job in her sleep. Now they are giving her the "when are you retiring" hints. It is just a damn shame.

They'd rather have cheap labor than experienced reps. Green "yes" people that don't know what good really looks like. It's all cyclical. When more offices close and complain, maybe they will want experienced reps back.

No one is jealous about anyone there; we feel sorry for those who stayed or who are stuck due to financial requirements that keep them "chained" there. It is a legalized type of slavery; 27/7 jump for dm's and rbd's; what a horrible existence.

No one is jealous about anyone there; we feel sorry for those who stayed or who are stuck due to financial requirements that keep them "chained" there. It is a legalized type of slavery; 27/7 jump for dm's and rbd's; what a horrible existence.

Almost every rep I talk to is utterly miserable here. I have to admit, I'm holding out for 55 but I wonder if I'll have a heart attack before I make it. I look at some of the reps in my region and they look like they're ten years older than their age. Most are out of shape and in bad health. The stress turned into cancer for one management guy. It's not a healthy environment for anyone right now. I expect to see more health issues for others.