• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

HCV Layoffs

No way Ricky Dick will hit the $3B run rate by EOY. VPak is only tracking a 13% increase for 3q15, which is ~ $1.9B, only 35% short of target.

This sucks, no way to get my bonus & I was sold BS expectations to join this shithole.
Sales are going great and we all will get our bonus $s. $2B is nothing to sneeze at!!

This is actually a good point. If enough depart and we get down to 130-140 (where we should have been at the start) then I son't think lay offs will be needed.

Keep dreaming. There is not enough attrition & it's not happening fast enough. To make the numbers look good for Wall Street, there will need to be head count reduction by H.R.
You can count on it!

Keep dreaming. There is not enough attrition & it's not happening fast enough. To make the numbers look good for Wall Street, there will need to be head count reduction by H.R.
You can count on it!

What kind of cuts are we looking at? What will the sales force be cut to (how many)? Will the HIV division survive?

HCV Fight Song - composed by Flootsie

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again

Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand
In a...desperate land

Lost in a Roman...wilderness of pain
And all the reps are insane
All the reps are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

Composed by Ima D.Troll And Yuri Stalker

How does haas get a free pass...such an arrogant kiss-a..

Agree 200%!

I would add the entire Managed Care team and MOSLs in there as well. Just about all of them have washed their hands of HCV and are leaving us in the field to deal with the Pharmacies and Insurers. Because of their terrible presentation of Viekira and contract negotiations, Docs who want to write it can't even come close to getting it filled. If we had a measly 30% more plans where we were at least parity we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Agree 200%!

I would add the entire Managed Care team and MOSLs in there as well. Just about all of them have washed their hands of HCV and are leaving us in the field to deal with the Pharmacies and Insurers. Because of their terrible presentation of Viekira and contract negotiations, Docs who want to write it can't even come close to getting it filled. If we had a measly 30% more plans where we were at least parity we wouldn't be having this discussion.

This is what happens when you have a bunch of uneducated idiots running the company. Sales leadership is not smart enough to predict where the market will be and clinical development at ABBV is a complete misnomer. Most of the functions in between have management that has been "street educated" and we can all see how that is working out. One word- dysfunctional. ABBV only chance for survival is high priced acquisitions of companies that actually know what they are doing; however, the expensive cost will eventually drain the bank account leading to more shares issued leading to a decrease in dividend and an ultimate slide in stock price.

VP should have never seen the light of day. Being a great leader is sometimes realizing that you need to fund shift into different efforts that will have a higher payoff in the long run.