• Thurs news: Moderna targets $1.1B in R&D spending cuts. Gene therapy startup emerges. J&J leads $50M financing for imaging company. Sanofi gets into radioligands. GSK’s mRNA flu vax trial. See more on our front page

Have the 3500 been identified yet?

Ok, this is too far. I know you're mad, but this is deplorable. Just be glad they kept all you chemists overemployed, overpromoted and overpaid by kissing big John's big arse. Other parts of research were treated like crap all the time. Welcome to reality.
Reality will be welcomed when the hack "leadership" in dcrt end up with a Gus Job. On a mattress. With a multi-page hand written note.

honestly I've never seen a more incompetent group than LRL. Evac.. sola.. bari.. failure after failure. An R&D group with no new ideas protecting the same group of morons who get us into these cuts every time. Even the reps who keep their jobs should find a new home. How can we sell drugs that are 5th to market?

Remember, our goal is not to succeed but to fail-fast. We appear to be failing faster than any other pharma so I believe our strategy is working.

Let’s face it, ALL white people over the age of 50 are targeted both male and female! Lilly wants their staffing model to be millennials or diversity candidates! This includes ALL areas of Lilly, or just sales! We don’t care about you old white people!

Signed,
Your friendly HR Representative

Let’s face it, ALL white people over the age of 50 are targeted both male and female! Lilly wants their staffing model to be millennials or diversity candidates! This includes ALL areas of Lilly, or just sales! We don’t care about you old white people!

Signed,

*** OFFICIAL LILLY HR ANNOUNCEMENT ***
Lilly's Good Olde Boys/Girls Club has officially been disbanded. Don't let the door hit your Lilly white butts on the way out.

*** OFFICIAL LILLY HR ANNOUNCEMENT ***
Lilly's Good Olde Boys/Girls Club has officially been disbanded. Don't let the door hit your Lilly white butts on the way out.
No this quote is not exactly accurate. Let’s get the story corrected properly. “Lilly’s Old Boys and Ladies Club has officially been disbanded, (must be an insider)...This will not actually happen until January 1st and then there is one more phase to Clean up the old Farts...Then the statement above is correct. Just wanted to correct the BS you sometimes get on this lib site.

Signed,

They were targeted but I don't think HR and Dave got close to the volunteers they wanted. Good people eligible because of the points left and then lazy ones already retired on the job turned down the VERP. A number in my area said, eh, the severance is just as good with my years of service so I'll just wait and see if they lay me off. If they got ~2300 then prob 60% of those offered said nah, I'll stay. Lots of over 55s in sales on the list of people turning it down. Plenty of crazy people in their 60s, even 67+ turned it down. Too many people addicted to the Lilly teet. And those millennials don't want to work any extra hours, so you'll need more than 1 to replace some of the people you lost.

They were targeted but I don't think HR and Dave got close to the volunteers they wanted. Good people eligible because of the points left and then lazy ones already retired on the job turned down the VERP. A number in my area said, eh, the severance is just as good with my years of service so I'll just wait and see if they lay me off. If they got ~2300 then prob 60% of those offered said nah, I'll stay. Lots of over 55s in sales on the list of people turning it down. Plenty of crazy people in their 60s, even 67+ turned it down. Too many people addicted to the Lilly teet. And those millennials don't want to work any extra hours, so you'll need more than 1 to replace some of the people you lost.
Someway, somehow, these people need to pay their mortgage on their fake house in the fake Village of West Clay.

Maybe you don’t get it! You don’t know everyone’s situation!! Maybe they can't afford to retire at 52 or 55 years of age! Just because you are offered it doesn’t mean you can take It! Try finding a job in your 50’s and then we can talk! What a jerk! Millennials don’t work at all! Lilly is doomed! Wait until they quite after 2 years! Lilly can’t make up all of their training costs!

No this quote is not exactly accurate. Let’s get the story corrected properly. “Lilly’s Old Boys and Ladies Club has officially been disbanded, (must be an insider)...This will not actually happen until January 1st and then there is one more phase to Clean up the old Farts...Then the statement above is correct. Just wanted to correct the BS you sometimes get on this lib site.
had no idea this is what is going to happen over the next 3 months and beyond. scary.

And after all of his years at the helm, A.P.witz is going to retire. I also heard that Pepto-Bumol is retiring after years of a successful leading of the large molecule side. My only hope is that they were ordered to retire.

What was the post VERP word in chemistry? Rumor is 25% cut including any VERP.

is discovery chemistry firing all the 50+ white males so they can hire inexperienced millennials to make molecules now? don't worry, the next drug we sell will have "made by a minority" on the label, this will improve sales!!

is discovery chemistry firing all the 50+ white males so they can hire inexperienced millennials to make molecules now? don't worry, the next drug we sell will have "made by a minority" on the label, this will improve sales!!

And I wouldn’t worry about what the label is if they could actually bring a drug to market, which apparently Lilly chemists can’t do.