• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Fixing Heartware?

Right back to posting about how great diversity and inclusion are at Medtronic but not everyone gets included. NN is always included but all the heartware folks are left on curb like trash.

I’m hoping we find a way to celebrate great leaders that are inclusive embrace diversity but also meet aop. Medtronic doesn’t have to keep giving NN chances he hasn’t earned.

Right back to posting about how great diversity and inclusion are at Medtronic but not everyone gets included. NN is always included but all the heartware folks are left on curb like trash.

I’m hoping we find a way to celebrate great leaders that are inclusive embrace diversity but also meet aop. Medtronic doesn’t have to keep giving NN chances he hasn’t earned.

What do you mean? When good things happen, NN gets the credit because he personally delivered the successful result! But when problems happen, its the fault of the team, or the guys who came before, or the guys who made the deal….. and he didn’t have a chance. At least that’s how NN has positioned himself with Geoff. It’s like magic!

What do you mean? When good things happen, NN gets the credit because he personally delivered the successful result! But when problems happen, its the fault of the team, or the guys who came before, or the guys who made the deal….. and he didn’t have a chance. At least that’s how NN has positioned himself with Geoff. It’s like magic!

Let me get this straight. NN doesn’t have time to engage with my customers or lead in the business he was running, but plenty of time to do self-serving D&I videos internally and push on LinkedIn? Anyone in executive leadership see an issue with this? The message it sends is you can be really bad at your job, but we’ll continue to promote and give you opportunity—-only if you’re a minority or female? Awesome so we are pushing racist and sexist policies. NN knows he’ll be kept and is untouchable so that’s why he doesn’t get involved, engaged or lead in anyway. No upside for him to make calls. Anyone else see this or agree?

Let me get this straight. NN doesn’t have time to engage with my customers or lead in the business he was running, but plenty of time to do self-serving D&I videos internally and push on LinkedIn? Anyone in executive leadership see an issue with this? The message it sends is you can be really bad at your job, but we’ll continue to promote and give you opportunity—-only if you’re a minority or female? Awesome so we are pushing racist and sexist policies. NN knows he’ll be kept and is untouchable so that’s why he doesn’t get involved, engaged or lead in anyway. No upside for him to make calls. Anyone else see this or agree?

He’s been able to pass off the blame. He’ll get credit for mopping up the mess and be rewarded with another big job. You are right, he’s untouchable and wont be held accountable for another failure.

He’s been able to pass off the blame. He’ll get credit for mopping up the mess and be rewarded with another big job. You are right, he’s untouchable and wont be held accountable for another failure.

HFSA is already shaping up to be one big Medtronic bashing fest. NN never built the trust with these docs and they are so pissed at how this went down.

Are other people getting stiff armed on patient support supplies? Feels like we have no where enough people still working in MCS to respond to orders and complaint follow-ups. are we really committed to supporting these patients and clinics?

Are other people getting stiff armed on patient support supplies? Feels like we have no where enough people still working in MCS to respond to orders and complaint follow-ups. are we really committed to supporting these patients and clinics?

Where the heck have you been? This business shut down months ago.

When NN pulled everyone together to deliver the news he was shutting Heartware down, there were tears, for peoples jobs but also for the patients. He promised they would be taken care of for as long as they needed HVAD. But instead we get this.

https://www.propublica.org/article/get-this-thing-out-of-my-chest

these stories are going to keep coming until a stronger leader takes hold and really meets what patients and customers need, someone who stops the blame game and acceps responsibility for cleaning up this mess.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/heartware-gadget-ticking-time-bomb-transplants-02ztwrmg3

these stories are going to keep coming until a stronger leader takes hold and really meets what patients and customers need, someone who stops the blame game and acceps responsibility for cleaning up this mess.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/heartware-gadget-ticking-time-bomb-transplants-02ztwrmg3

NN will be fine. over on Twitter and Linkedin, Geoff is posting pics of them posing together at Harvard will Bill George - so while MCS burns NN is getting exec ed special treatment at Harvard. He's not loosing sleep over what we're going through.

NN will be fine. over on Twitter and Linkedin, Geoff is posting pics of them posing together at Harvard will Bill George - so while MCS burns NN is getting exec ed special treatment at Harvard. He's not loosing sleep over what we're going through.

taking the blame is for the little people. NN wont get this mud on his loafers even as stories keep coming about how bad a job he did shutting it down. He should be better at that by now.

Someday they will write a case study of how Medtronic bought then destroyed Heartware and NN will be the chapter that has all the B-school students saying "what were they thinking? "

The same came be said for several products at a few other companies. While you gloat and revel in the demise of the division, be careful. Your company/product/reputation just might be next.

The same came be said for several products at a few other companies. While you gloat and revel in the demise of the division, be careful. Your company/product/reputation just might be next.

Did you read the same post I did? Not sure I read about any gloating or reveling? The original poster I don’t think wanted it (demise) to happen and was questioning Medtronic’s choices in leadership.