Feedback on your manager. Will you be honest?

<

Never thought of that....your dco is ok with this?

I am aware of several Merck surveys that have not been conducted with confidentiality. I never fill them out and I tell my manager my reasons why. Until he can guarantee that confidentiality is assured, my participation is not possible. And my request is impossible to comply with. He and I both realize that they are bullshit.

Anybody that fills those out is looking to be unemployed.
They are not anonymous, never have been, and never will be.
We know that because you are just a number in any pharma company, not a person.
It is all a check to find "bad attitudes".

Pick any Merck employee and odds are that you will find a Merck employee with a bad attitiude. Everyone knows this. So these surveys must actually be there to find either clueless people or lying people. How sweet is that? A test to "find" fools or cheats and they value the test.

What I find most interesting is that in 2009 our RDM let his reps know which questions would score him and my CTM in the survey. So what's the point of having a survey if you are going to scare the reps into gaming the system? Shows how stupid the trust and value scores are. Doctors only fill out the survey to get the $$. They give just about everyone glorious scores because like most pharma reps they are whores too.

Scary to think this could be true. Sad to think honesty might be harmful to your employment. I hope you're wrong. No honesty means no improvement anywhere its needed.

Scary to think this could be true. Sad to think honesty might be harmful to your employment. I hope you're wrong. No honesty means no improvement anywhere its needed.

These surveys have been used to weed out employees at MRL - the managers always stay no matter what rating they get - may get shifted to another position but nothing ever changes - just reshuffling the dung.

Thought this information was kept from the manager.

That used to be true. However, the group responsible for keeping this identifying info from your manager has been down-sized just recently. They lost some serious talent when that went down. Too bad, actually. Core contributors Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy were highly valued thought leaders at the company. Only Tinkerbell was able to land a job with Executive Leaders.

That used to be true. However, the group responsible for keeping this identifying info from your manager has been down-sized just recently. They lost some serious talent when that went down. Too bad, actually. Core contributors Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy were highly valued thought leaders at the company. Only Tinkerbell was able to land a job with Executive Leaders.

maybe upper management knows if they ask but not your manager.

I picked up a nightmare manager in 2010. I was honest on the survey. I was investigated shortly thereafter and "encouraged to leave". Don't be honest about anything at Merck. They certainly aren't being honest with you.