Feedback on your manager. Will you be honest?

Honestly, tom should be fired as a director. He doesn't know what he is doing but pretends to know everything about vaccines. He is hated by his reps, managers and his fellow directors. The guy will not stop interrupting people in meetings with his personal take on things. The only reason he got this job is because his daddy is a professor at a prestigious university and is well known in the financial community. Merck loves hiring management that may be book smart but socially awkward or disturbed.[/QUOTE

Manage him out Alina!

Nothing is kept confidential. Once, I gave feedback to a change agent that ended up with me being confronted by management. I have seen these feedback surveys destroy many an honest rep's career. Believe it or not, that is your choice but you will have to live with the consequences. Be smart. Be careful. Be employed.

We're in an industry that blinds scientific studies, but we can't even blind a stupid questionaire. Duhhhhh....and thats all thats needed.

We're in an industry that blinds scientific studies, but we can't even blind a stupid questionaire. Duhhhhh....and thats all thats needed.

Which is why I conveniently delete them. No anonymity despite what they say. Why else do you get reminder e-mails? They know all that is said on those surveys and by who.

Which is why I conveniently delete them. No anonymity despite what they say. Why else do you get reminder e-mails? They know all that is said on those surveys and by who.[/QUOT

The only thing that these surveys get accomplished is that they end employment - and not the employment of the ones that deserve most to go. They are useless as intended and are mostly used as instruments of intimidation by management. Don't say anything negative because they are not fully confidentia is recognized as sounf advicel. But ask yourself whether you want to stay in a company that uses this useless tool as the only means to identify defective managers. Long-term prospects are not going to be ideal. Filling out a survey for an organization that is one tiny bit away from perfection is a different matter than filling out a survey for an organization that is a trainwreck. Organizations that seek perfection have no difficulty appreciating criticism and honoring the confidentiality of those that honestly criticize. In fact, the most powerful self-criticism often comes from such companies leadership itself. Do we have more or fewer defective managers since these surveys started? Exactly. So this is just another time-wasting bright idea brought to you by the people that write for in-flight magazines and bought into by those that fly first and business class. Any management that can compensate itself so grandly in the face of so many imperfections probably is not a good candidate for honest and unbiased self-appraisal, let alone outside criticism, including that from the ground floor.

HERE IS WHAT SHOULD BE THE LAST WORD: If you believe anything management tells you, you are a complete idiot and deserve what you get. They lie about surveys. They lie about sales figures. They lie about things that have (supposedly) happened in the past. They lie about what is planned for the future.

Believe a word of what you management---at any level---says and you are undoubtedly a complete idiot or, at the very least, horribly naive.