Feedback on your manager. Will you be honest?

My manager admitted he knew exactly who wrote what. And our regional director feels this is OK or we should use an ombudsman. Sometimes stuff is not at a level for for ombudsman and its just for effective coaching that we dont want someone who has power over us knowing because they dont always take it well.

Ombudsman. Are your fkn serious. What a teabager

Well, I turned mine in and was honest..and it didnt affect me one bit...and it wasnt all nice either! got the same notice...go figure...anybody can find out anything...but at some point you have to have some kind of spine!

agree and management would be off their rocker to expect people to lie. Why would they want to continue to have bad managers? It would hurt morale and hurt the company. Being honest is having a spine.

If the DCO's wanted to know what was going on they'd manage the managers, but they don't and they don't! Same ole shit! They promoted a bunch of yes men and duds from Schering and now the whole bunch stinks. Someone needs to be managing the rep activities on a day to day basis (Don't care how good they are). And someone needs to be managing the managers managing the reps on a day to day basis and we know how bad they are! When those basis management concepts break down then you have chaos and that's what we have here, worthless teleconferences in bunches, meetings to hash and rehash culture and trust and value! If there was real culture, trust & value you'd not have to be reinforcing it at every meeting and across the organization every day! Get back to basics!

As a former S-P colleague, I must concur that at least within my own organization Merck could not have chosen, for management retention, any weaker people than they did. Former S-P laughing stocks were selected over truly capable individuals. This could not have happened by chance. They seem to have wanted to populate their ranks with weak, vulnerable, management. We figure that they will get the Merck dirty work done before they get dumped themselves. I watch the film Roger and Me for career guidance.

I am a senior manager at Merck, and I can verify that your response is shared with your VP or manager.... second, know that any conversation with HR is not confidential... even when they look you in the eye and guarantee that it is......

I am a senior manager at Merck, and I can verify that your response is shared with your VP or manager.... second, know that any conversation with HR is not confidential... even when they look you in the eye and guarantee that it is......

If conversations are promised to be confidential they should be confidential. If you're right then it's another sad statement. True and value is our motto isn't it?

I can attest to the fact that HR does not keep anything confidential. I consulted with them on an issue where a fake job description was made so this one chick, who was kicking and screaming that if she didn't get promoted she would quit, could be promoted when NO promotions were being given. Boy did the HR rep blab fast. I quickly was called into my manager's office and everyone on the team knew I complained. I still don't regret it though. There were 3 fake job postings so the one could be promoted, and for a couple contractors they wanted in the group. If there are no promotions, there are no promotions.

I'm a speak your mind kinda person. I feel they are paying me to do a job and they should be entitled to candid feedback. So, I've always filled out the survey with honesty, but thoughtful honest...maybe making sure I "cushion" the negatives with positives.

I'll tell you, last year, I wrote something that was supposed to be a compliment about my manager but I found out it wasn't taken as such. On a field visit, he started talking to me about the survey and how people wrote some not so great comments and he then read a line from their review....and it was the line that I wrote. GULP. Check mate.

There are 11 people on the team, I doubt it was dumb luck that he asked me about it. Weird. I'm learning honesty is not the best policy. I tend to finally agree that the managers know who writes what.

PS. I've found if you rate your manager a 4, and they other team rate theirs a 5, then the manager gets mad, and just finds more classes on learning network for us to take. Pointless.

If you think honesty is going to get you anywhere - guess again. Treat this like the relationship you have with most of your doctors who as much as you may like them - could really care less about you. Be a whore to your manager and director too, just like you are to your customers.

I'm a speak your mind kinda person. I feel they are paying me to do a job and they should be entitled to candid feedback. So, I've always filled out the survey with honesty, but thoughtful honest...maybe making sure I "cushion" the negatives with positives.

I'll tell you, last year, I wrote something that was supposed to be a compliment about my manager but I found out it wasn't taken as such. On a field visit, he started talking to me about the survey and how people wrote some not so great comments and he then read a line from their review....and it was the line that I wrote. GULP. Check mate.

There are 11 people on the team, I doubt it was dumb luck that he asked me about it. Weird. I'm learning honesty is not the best policy. I tend to finally agree that the managers know who writes what.

PS. I've found if you rate your manager a 4, and they other team rate theirs a 5, then the manager gets mad, and just finds more classes on learning network for us to take. Pointless.

... and next year, when I am in the fourth grade, I will never be as silly, ever again.

I can accept that managers get the scores and comments but NEVER names of respondents. Can be very damaging, puts reps at risk from unsavory managers. Upper management this is stupidity par excellance. Who approves this kind of crap? Say confidential then be confidential!

I can accept that managers get the scores and comments but NEVER names of respondents. Can be very damaging, puts reps at risk from unsavory managers. Upper management this is stupidity par excellance. Who approves this kind of crap? Say confidential then be confidential!

Nobody "äpproves" this stuff, that would leave a paper trail. That is just the way it is. And the results are presented in such a way that it would take a complete moron of a manager not to be able to place more than 80% of the comments on the correct individual. The surveys are not truly confidential, they don't work towards the goal that is stated, and everyone hates them. If they were truly listening to their employees, they would just eliminate them along with that PMP. The real question is why would any Merck employee behave as if they really trust Merck. Were you born yesterday?

I must be an idiot but I thought confidential meant confidential. How did I get so stupid? Gee wiz, golly gee I thought everybody was doin' just like they say they was doin.

How's about we fill in the survey truthfully and the company uses that information to see if their precious managers are worth what they them and the company publishes the managers' pay so we know if our precious managers are worth what they pay them.

Nothing is kept confidential. Once, I gave feedback to a change agent that ended up with me being confronted by management. I have seen these feedback surveys destroy many an honest rep's career. Believe it or not, that is your choice but you will have to live with the consequences. Be smart. Be careful. Be employed.

Please be honest with your evaluation of Tom Lyon.

Honestly, tom should be fired as a director. He doesn't know what he is doing but pretends to know everything about vaccines. He is hated by his reps, managers and his fellow directors. The guy will not stop interrupting people in meetings with his personal take on things. The only reason he got this job is because his daddy is a professor at a prestigious university and is well known in the financial community. Merck loves hiring management that may be book smart but socially awkward or disturbed.