• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

EDARBI? Is it true?

Really? Bring it on. The GEMINI trial showed that vedolizumab is superior to those that have failed everything else, including Humiria. vedolizumab will revolutionize standard of care for UC patients. I don't care what you sell, you are toast when vedolizumab is launched.

You obviously havent seen the data which concludes most gi's will not switch from Humira
To Vedo

Rozerum Actos xr Amitiza Edarbi hehehe

Really? Bring it on. The GEMINI trial showed that vedolizumab is superior to those that have failed everything else, including Humiria. vedolizumab will revolutionize standard of care for UC patients. I don't care what you sell, you are toast when vedolizumab is launched.

Takeda hasn't done a successful launch in its history,and with present management in place,expect more of the same!

Ever heard of Actos, Einstein? Only the biggest selling diabetes drug of all time!

wrong, Actos was only a success when one of the competitors was pulled from the market. TPC would have pulled the plug on Takeda had it not been for that event and all this in-fighting between TAP and Takeda would have never taken place.

Original post is spot on, the contingency plans have been drawn up, just a matter of how Edarbi performs now and last time i checked it wasn't a pretty sight. This drug is going the way of Rozerem and that is a fact. No way in heck will we be promoting this drug in a year.

wrong, Actos was only a success when one of the competitors was pulled from the market. TPC would have pulled the plug on Takeda had it not been for that event and all this in-fighting between TAP and Takeda would have never taken place.

Original post is spot on, the contingency plans have been drawn up, just a matter of how Edarbi performs now and last time i checked it wasn't a pretty sight. This drug is going the way of Rozerem and that is a fact. No way in heck will we be promoting this drug in a year.

Oh my God. You're revisionist history is astounding. Actos was on it;s way to become one of the fastest drugs to a billion dollars in history when Rezulin got pulled. Yes Takeda benefitted and so did Avandia but there were also a ton of doctors who ran away from the class because of Rezulin. TPC execs were in house the first couple of years and they could not have been happier with the way Takeda was humming along. We were paid all kinds of performance bonuses based on milestone achievement of business goals.

Takeda was a very successful entity. Actos was successful because it was an amazing compound represented by a sales force that was excited and highly motivated thanks to HUGE incentive payouts. Don't revise history to suit your needs.

Everyone knows Lilly lead the charge and made Actos a success. After they left, it stagnated even when Avandia had pruction and safety issues. Takeda reps couldn't sell water in the desert!

Lilly wasn't there when Avandia fell because of Nissen. Takeda reps got the sales back to levels it was at before Nissen hurt the class and Takeda reps grew it from there. Don't change history just because it doesn't fit your story.

Oh my God. You're revisionist history is astounding. Actos was on it;s way to become one of the fastest drugs to a billion dollars in history when Rezulin got pulled. Yes Takeda benefitted and so did Avandia but there were also a ton of doctors who ran away from the class because of Rezulin. TPC execs were in house the first couple of years and they could not have been happier with the way Takeda was humming along. We were paid all kinds of performance bonuses based on milestone achievement of business goals.

Takeda was a very successful entity. Actos was successful because it was an amazing compound represented by a sales force that was excited and highly motivated thanks to HUGE incentive payouts. Don't revise history to suit your needs.

If you can honestly tell me that you know any "excited and highly motivated reps" still working for Takeda,I'd love to meet them.Many of them,like Elvis, have "have left the house"or been kicked to the curb for their efforts!Anyone excited to sell the me-toos we have now,should be mentally evaluated!!

If you can honestly tell me that you know any "excited and highly motivated reps" still working for Takeda,I'd love to meet them.Many of them,like Elvis, have "have left the house"or been kicked to the curb for their efforts!Anyone excited to sell the me-toos we have now,should be mentally evaluated!!

Sounds like a spoiled brat who has only been in Pharma his/her whole life. Learn to sell and not just drop samples. Sales in every other industry is competitive and filled with "me too's." If you can't do it here, then move on and let others take over that really want it.

Sounds like a spoiled brat who has only been in Pharma his/her whole life. Learn to sell and not just drop samples. Sales in every other industry is competitive and filled with "me too's." If you can't do it here, then move on and let others take over that really want it.

No,I'm a spoiled brat that was with Takeda when the culture was rich,when every meeting was filled with talk of the great products in the pipeline,just a short wait away,when individuals mattered! Sorry,but Takeda has hit rock bottom,and I'm just "using them"like they have used many others,but I am leaving on MY terms,not theirs.I will miss the nice severance package though!