DUI Question

Anonymous

Got one a few weeks back, and have not told anyone at AZ. I have a lawyer, so i do't know what will happen. My question is, is it on my driving record now, or will the case have to be processed to it's conclusion before it appears on my MVR? Doesn't AZ check our driving records in September? Is there a chance they will never find out?

Gone why? Because they didn't report it? I know people here who have DUI's and still work here, so it's not an automatic dismissal.
Only NSD and above and I am guessing you are not among the priviledged class so it will be bye bye for you within 24 hrs. You will get a phone call from your DSM telling you to stay at home and don't drive the company car. They will come to check you out and pick up your gear. 100% guarantee.

Gone why? Because they didn't report it? I know people here who have DUI's and still work here, so it's not an automatic dismissal.

They will find it, but the bigger issue is that you signed that you would notify the company. So its dishonesty.

DUI s have scraped through in the past due to mitigating circumstances. But not liars.

NSDs and ASDs wouldn't qualify as they don't drive a company car, nor need a car for work.
Unless the went on a rampage, then of course they'd be flicked.

You haven't been convicted yet so there is nothing on your record for anyone to see.

It can still be done: Pay off the right person and the entire matter will go away. We're talking $8,000.00 donations. Get to work, find a good lawyer. No worries until the conviction is recorded. If they convict you at trial you can appeal, so drag it out until well after the looming layoff. You can go a year at least with a squeaky clean record as far as AX can prove...

Only NSD and above and I am guessing you are not among the priviledged class so it will be bye bye for you within 24 hrs. You will get a phone call from your DSM telling you to stay at home and don't drive the company car. They will come to check you out and pick up your gear. 100% guarantee.

No. I know a rep who got a DUI in the company car, was convicted, and kept their employment and the company car.

So don't tell me it's not possible. It is.

You do not know what you are talking about. Probably much like you are in the field.

It is required to report any driving violation within 1 business day. A DUI does not equate in automatic firing as alcoholism may be considered a disease thereby protecting you in some aspects. It may be required that you attend some type of rehabilitation (in- or out-patient) to keep your job and your license. In some states if driving is essential for you to continue your job, they allow you to continue to drive with an ignition breathalyzer. Outcome may also depend on what happens with your court case. That said, you chose not to report it within required time frame and that is a violation in and of itself. That alone may get you fired. If you have a manager who will strongly support you staying in your role you might have a chance of staying with AZ.

It is required to report any driving violation within 1 business day. A DUI does not equate in automatic firing as alcoholism may be considered a disease thereby protecting you in some aspects. It may be required that you attend some type of rehabilitation (in- or out-patient) to keep your job and your license. In some states if driving is essential for you to continue your job, they allow you to continue to drive with an ignition breathalyzer. Outcome may also depend on what happens with your court case. That said, you chose not to report it within required time frame and that is a violation in and of itself. That alone may get you fired. If you have a manager who will strongly support you staying in your role you might have a chance of staying with AZ.

Retired DM here. The above post is 100% correct. By not reporting it, you're screwed. Yes some people with DUI's have kept their jobs but it's very very rare. By not reporting the DUI you violated company policy. I'm assuming you haven't been to count and haven't been judged guilty therefore nothing at this time is on your driving record. Once the company finds out if you are found guilty you're gone.

Retired DM here. The above post is 100% correct. By not reporting it, you're screwed. Yes some people with DUI's have kept their jobs but it's very very rare. By not reporting the DUI you violated company policy. I'm assuming you haven't been to count and haven't been judged guilty therefore nothing at this time is on your driving record. Once the company finds out if you are found guilty you're gone.

I am the OP. I have not had a court date yet so i may escape the upcoming MVR check that AZ does every year. I did not report the DUI to anyone at AZ because I know I would have been immediately fired, so I am able to work awhile longer as long as I am not detected. I figure i have a good chance (if not laid off before then) to make it until the 2013 MVR check, then I am toast. Hopefully, I will have another job by then.

...and maybe by then you will have expressed any remorse or responsibility for driving drunk, instead of merely whining about whether you will lose your job. Hopefully this was your first time and no one got injured by this.

I am the OP. I have not had a court date yet so i may escape the upcoming MVR check that AZ does every year. I did not report the DUI to anyone at AZ because I know I would have been immediately fired, so I am able to work awhile longer as long as I am not detected. I figure i have a good chance (if not laid off before then) to make it until the 2013 MVR check, then I am toast. Hopefully, I will have another job by then.

Sounds like you are an alcoholic and probably need inpatient treatment. You are definitely headed to upper management!! Congratulations!

...and maybe by then you will have expressed any remorse or responsibility for driving drunk, instead of merely whining about whether you will lose your job. Hopefully this was your first time and no one got injured by this.

Yeah, like you never do anything and get away with it. Those horrible people that drink and drive! Two is Ok, though. If you have three and weigh 110 pounds, then you're a fucking criminal and should be fired, glad in the end because no one got hurt. YOu ought to watch SNL's Church Lady, you SINNER!

Uh, no one said you were a criminal. They said own your mistake and express remorse instead of trying to scheme to keep your job. Hope there are no victims should you do it again, especially if you do manage to get away with it this time.