dsm's and rsd's

Anonymous

Do you feel that you will have any say as to who stays/gets terminated or is it totally out of your hands at this point and up to zs assoc. Are their recommendations final?

We have had our say when we ranked you based on your skill set and rated you in previous years. ZS weights this very heavily in their formula when making the decisions. These decisions are final 99.9% of the time.

We have had our say when we ranked you based on your skill set and rated you in previous years. ZS weights this very heavily in their formula when making the decisions. These decisions are final 99.9% of the time.

What is more important? Skill sets or previous performance ratings? Also what about a new PSS that got hired in 2011 and doesn't have performance for 2010 and 2009?

What is more important? Skill sets or previous performance ratings? Also what about a new PSS that got hired in 2011 and doesn't have performance for 2010 and 2009?

Your ranking is a numeric value consisting of 1-5 for each the 5 success factors and 1-5 for 09 & 10 rankings, so they basically count the same in determining your ranking. A new PSS that obviously doesn't have previous year ratings is ranked based solely on their skills assessment.

Your ranking is a numeric value consisting of 1-5 for each the 5 success factors and 1-5 for 09 & 10 rankings, so they basically count the same in determining your ranking. A new PSS that obviously doesn't have previous year ratings is ranked based solely on their skills assessment.

If an older PSS is ranked 3 all the way across that is 15 points. If the newbie PSS is ranked 5 all across he/she would win because he has 25 points? What if old PSS is rated Exceeds on both years?

If an older PSS is ranked 3 all the way across that is 15 points. If the newbie PSS is ranked 5 all across he/she would win because he has 25 points? What if old PSS is rated Exceeds on both years?

In this scenario the new PSS would likely win. I'm not sure if they average the skills assessment score and carry it forward as the previous years rating or what, but they do something to account for not having previous years' ratings.

In this scenario the new PSS would likely win. I'm not sure if they average the skills assessment score and carry it forward as the previous years rating or what, but they do something to account for not having previous years' ratings.

So if you are saying new PSS would win is it because skills assessment is more important? Note old PSS got Exceeds both years...

So if you are saying new PSS would win is it because skills assessment is more important? Note old PSS got Exceeds both years...

Your scenario is unlikely to begin with. I find it hard to believe that someone who got exceeds both years would only have 3's across the board. But obviously someone who receives all 5's is thought of much more highly by the DSM than someone with all 3's and would likely win out. This is where the DSM's input is seen, they won't be picking who stays or goes directly, but by ranking people in this way they have made their feelings known.

Your scenario is unlikely to begin with. I find it hard to believe that someone who got exceeds both years would only have 3's across the board. But obviously someone who receives all 5's is thought of much more highly by the DSM than someone with all 3's and would likely win out. This is where the DSM's input is seen, they won't be picking who stays or goes directly, but by ranking people in this way they have made their feelings known.

So this years reviews won't be considered at all? Any idea of map sizes yet?

What a total crock of pure shit! Skill sets my ass! You think tapping on some fucking computer screen and spitting out some canned message is being skillful? None of you sorry ass managers know how to sell shit, because you are so damned brainwashed by the the even more stupid brand team!!

What a fucked up company! Just wait until the shit hits the fan over the next 3 years! AZ has damn few "salespeople" left. The little tappers will be gone by the end of 2014, at the latest. Where does AZ find such pathetic excuses for "sales professionals"? Pitiful.

What about an MCL rep that has only been with the company a few months? He has neither reviews or skill set ranking since he was not here in July, or whenever they were done. Any chance he gets the boot and that position is filled with a CNS rep with a meets, exceeds and good skill set ranking?

What about an MCL rep that has only been with the company a few months? He has neither reviews or skill set ranking since he was not here in July, or whenever they were done. Any chance he gets the boot and that position is filled with a CNS rep with a meets, exceeds and good skill set ranking?

Yes, in all likelihood you will be cut. Anyone without the foresight to see that this company and industry are in the shitter and accepted a job a few short months ago when the writing was on the wall deserves to be cut for being such a moron.

What a total crock of pure shit! Skill sets my ass! You think tapping on some fucking computer screen and spitting out some canned message is being skillful? None of you sorry ass managers know how to sell shit, because you are so damned brainwashed by the the even more stupid brand team!!

What a fucked up company! Just wait until the shit hits the fan over the next 3 years! AZ has damn few "salespeople" left. The little tappers will be gone by the end of 2014, at the latest. Where does AZ find such pathetic excuses for "sales professionals"? Pitiful.

I agree!

I was in the meeting last week when they decided on the final selections. A monkey shits in a pot. The monkey grabs a handful of the hit. He then tosses the shit at a board that has 100 rep names on it. The 40 with the most shit on them are eliminated.

Hence the origin of the saying, "It looks some monkey just took a handful of shit and threw it at the wall".

Oh yeah, like every rep 45 and over will be gone. Are you kidding me?! What do you think the lawyters are for? Hint to prevent lawsuits like the class action suit that firing an entire age group would cause.

Look. Face the facts. We are getting rid of old people. They make too much money and they have ideas and experience and tend to push back when we tell them exactly what to do and how. Time to go and they will all be gone.
Head of HR

ZS uses a computer formaula based on the following criteria:

1. How much volume the territory/ new territory produces. This is obviously influcenced by MHC coverage.
2. Where you live in relation to the new territory (example, 4 reps currently, 2 are only needed in new territory. The two that live farthest away get downsized.
3. your performance ratings and rankings from the past 3 years.
4. How many years you have with the company
5. what your salary is
6. how old you are
7. what your diversity is

I am not sure what order or what weighting is given to each. Bottom line is that this is done this way to avoid law suits. I call it the lottery. That is why you see a top performer of 10 years let go and a new rep of 2 years kept. No one can say "you fired me because..."