• Tue news: Starboard wants to hold Pfizer leadership accountable. Moderna norovirus vaccine. Health insurer merger talks. Editas looks for CRISPR partner. Otsuka kidney disease trial. See more on our front page

Do I have enough?

I have 3 million and only one . 5 million is in stocks. I have a lot safe.

What is safe if the dollar crashes? Unless you have it all in Gold and Silver, which would be stupid. . . . Just a note here: I would have hit the 1M mark but got sick and my medical bills even with insurance were unbelievable because the insurance was actually pretty shitty. So, I ended up paying/owing 140,000. At the same time, my husband lost his job and the housing market crashed. It was like watching 250,000 go down the shitter in less than two years just to live with a roof over our heads. Glad you have a lot, but do not get over confident - ever. He never found a good job again.

What is safe if the dollar crashes? Unless you have it all in Gold and Silver, which would be stupid. . . . Just a note here: I would have hit the 1M mark but got sick and my medical bills even with insurance were unbelievable because the insurance was actually pretty shitty. So, I ended up paying/owing 140,000. At the same time, my husband lost his job and the housing market crashed. It was like watching 250,000 go down the shitter in less than two years just to live with a roof over our heads. Glad you have a lot, but do not get over confident - ever. He never found a good job again.

No one EVER thinks it will happen to them. The cynic in me believes that's why some (key word) of these OPs come on CP to beat their chests and crow about how large their 401K are. When I started in this industry in 1992, a lot of old timers were retiring. I must have gone to or heard about 15 funerals by 2000. Golfing 2 rounds a day 4 days a week wasn't as fun in year 4 as it was 6 months post retirement. Ditto laying on a beach every day, or wrestling with those obnoxious New York-New Jersey snow birds for parking spots at the condo.

yo stupid a** mutha f***er ` hell you cldnt live on 50k unless you still in yo mamma's house

You are living in lala land. Most seniors today are living on far less than 50. Of the 40 women my mother knows, only about 10 have SS, a spouse and a pension that exceed 50k. My mother has lived for 15 years on 38k.

the truth is yes if you never got back in the market you were foolish as all the losses of 08 crash have been regained. Yeah Obama!
OH sure Obama caused the stock market to recover. This guy couldn't find his way to the bathroom without an advisor. Just consider that the VA scandal, the IRS scandal, the Benghazi scandal, the ObamaCare fiasco, and now trading five war criminals and mass murderers for one game boy loser. The Taliban is now taking over Syria and Iraq. And the list of incompetent failings just continues to grow. I am sure I left off a few. If he was the CEO of a company he would have been fired years ago.

OH sure Obama caused the stock market to recover. This guy couldn't find his way to the bathroom without an advisor. Just consider that the VA scandal, the IRS scandal, the Benghazi scandal, the ObamaCare fiasco, and now trading five war criminals and mass murderers for one game boy loser. The Taliban is now taking over Syria and Iraq. And the list of incompetent failings just continues to grow. I am sure I left off a few. If he was the CEO of a company he would have been fired years ago.
Never hire a college professor to do any job including mowing your lawn. This is an example of what happens when you take an academic out of their bubble and give them a real job.

You swallowed it, hook, line and sinker. The VA's problems started long ago, and have never been fixed, you might look to our obstructionist Congress for that. As far as ObamaCare is concerned, it's better than what we had before even if it's a mess. And don't forget who started the whole unrest in the Middle East, Georgie Bush. Three to four trillion on wars is why the US is in such bad shape financially. A trillion is a lot of money. Lots.

CEO's like David Brennan, who do nothing to improve the stock price take a long time to fire. We have seen that with our own eyes.

As far as Bergdahl is concerned, why don't you let people smarter than you figure it out.

You swallowed it, hook, line and sinker. The VA's problems started long ago, and have never been fixed, you might look to our obstructionist Congress for that. As far as ObamaCare is concerned, it's better than what we had before even if it's a mess. And don't forget who started the whole unrest in the Middle East, Georgie Bush. Three to four trillion on wars is why the US is in such bad shape financially. A trillion is a lot of money. Lots.

CEO's like David Brennan, who do nothing to improve the stock price take a long time to fire. We have seen that with our own eyes.

As far as Bergdahl is concerned, why don't you let people smarter than you figure it out.

Atrillion is a lot of money... YA YHINK??? How about 16, 17, maybe 20 before Bama us done. He is an obamanation

Obama has saved our country. God bless him. To think where I was before when President Bush led. I'm much richer, much safer. We haven't had a major attack like 9/11 on our soil. I will think of him as the man that turned and made America proud again.