• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

Diabetes franchise

How are the drugs doing nationally

Don't know PC rep! Shitty that's why your here to push RX only to be denied at the pharmacy. See manage care is the group that fucked this all up. Went from the most successful launch of a drug in 2014 to asking for help from PC reps. I been doing this for 10 years and never seen a company fuck something up so bad. Hey manage care folks we are giving this drug away FOR FREE. FREE! Why in gods name would let another company under bid you? If we had manage care this drug would be flying off the shelf because the cards would never need a PA to get filled. Hope that answer your question.

The injectable franchise-Byetta and Bydureon are doing poorly with endos and only sightly better with PC. Farxiga is given away. Ong/KXR makes slight profit.
Poor leadership from middle management up has made the entire diabetes franchise a division with no hope of profitability. A few years ago when there was less competition in this market, was the time when most of these drugs should have established a market foothold. Management squandered this opportunity and there is no second chance.

Relax everyone. The problem is the competition has become more intense. AZ has never been known to be a really competitive company. The only thing they know is SOV. They don't know how to maximize their resources. Never have.

I am guessing we will have a massive reorg sometimes in the next 6 to 9 months. If you think about how many companies have had a reorg, some several times, since our last one in Jan. 2012, well you know it's coming. After, we may have 4 drugs in our bag, or more.

What can you do to make sure you survive a massive layoff? Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. I have seen people win COE one year, and laid off the next, with good ratings. So, just do your job, don't kill yourself, and CONSTANLY be looking for something else. Also, participate in the new AZ tradition of the All Day Lie from time to time. It really does wonders for your morale!

Relax everyone. The problem is the competition has become more intense. AZ has never been known to be a really competitive company. The only thing they know is SOV. They don't know how to maximize their resources. Never have.

I am guessing we will have a massive reorg sometimes in the next 6 to 9 months. If you think about how many companies have had a reorg, some several times, since our last one in Jan. 2012, well you know it's coming. After, we may have 4 drugs in our bag, or more.

What can you do to make sure you survive a massive layoff? Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. I have seen people win COE one year, and laid off the next, with good ratings. So, just do your job, don't kill yourself, and CONSTANLY be looking for something else. Also, participate in the new AZ tradition of the All Day Lie from time to time. It really does wonders for your morale!

Just keep your head below the radar. Never question, pressure or disagree with your boss or anyone in AZ. There are sharks and bomb throwers everywhere in this culture so don't trust anyone. Never say more than hello to anyone from human resources. Make sure you hit your call numbers and don't worry about lying because it is tolerated and even expected here. It is the unspoken rule. But most of all, make sure your resume is up to date and that you are constantly looking for something else.

AZ has never been known to be a really competitive company. The only thing they know is SOV. They don't know how to maximize their resources. Never have.

Bullshit. I sold against Nexium years ago before I came over here. AZ was full throttle on that and we got our TAP asses handed to us. This is a colossal fuck up.

Bullshit. I sold against Nexium years ago before I came over here. AZ was full throttle on that and we got our TAP asses handed to us. This is a colossal fuck up.

AZ has been a very competitive company. Look how they overcame the attack of Lipitor when Crestor was launched and became a leader in cholesterol management