• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Criminal Investigation Durham, Barr, IG Report Devastation For Deep State

anonymous

Justice Department officials have shifted an administrative review of the Russia investigation closely overseen by Attorney General William P. Barr to a criminal inquiry, according to two people familiar with the matter. The move gives the prosecutor running it, John H. Durham, the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to convene a grand jury and to file criminal charges.
Lock Them UP!!!

Yep! Things are about to get real interesting for some swamp creatures who have been violating rules, regulations and the LAW!

Hopefully some will be locked up. They deserve it by behaving illegally in an attempt at silent coup against Trump. At the very least the truth is going to come up!

U.S.
It’s Worse Than Lies: There’s No Word in the English Language for What Trump & Co. Are Doing

The Daily Beast
•October 24, 2019

765006d4bd821b0eca6d9cf846e8576d

Chip Somodevilla/Getty
In 2010, researchers from Harvard and Google put their heads together to determine that there are roughly 1,022,000 words in the English language. The Oxford English Dictionary lists around 600,000.

Either way, that’s a lot of words. But there isn’t a word in the English language for what Donald Trump and the Republicans are doing.

They are no longer merely lying. Lying is covering up the truth. Lying is, No, Mom, honest, I didn’t break Aunt Donna’s Hummel. Or: No, Your Honor, I did not bilk my investors out of $4 million and abscond to Grand Cayman.

What these people are doing goes way beyond that. It’s a direct nuclear assault on the truth. It’s not: I didn’t break the figurine. Instead, it’s:

Mom, not only did I not break it, but Susie broke it, and I painstakingly glued it back together after she did so, and the facts that a) Susie has been away at camp all this time and b) you’re looking at it there on the dining room table in 37 pieces are tricks, delusionsmanifestations of a vast, fake-news conspiracy against me orchestrated by Susie and Aunt Donna. They’ve met together recently on more than one occasion, after all, and people are saying that Aunt Donna bought two boxes of Samoas and one box of Tagalongs from Susie; and that, dear Mother, is proof of the cabal!

For this, we do not have a word. In the entire English language. Chew on that for a minute.

Take this insane business about Trump’s due process, which animated that Charge of the Darkness Brigade yesterday on Capitol Hill. First of all: To enter a SCIF room with a cell phone—or an Apple watch, or anything—is beyond verboten. Ask any member of the House. You. Do. Not. Do. That. Period. But of course Matt Gaetz and company did it. After storming past Capitol Police officers. That’s lawmakers, I’m saying, storming past police officers.

Trump’s GOP Goes Chaotic Evil

You know how they call themselves the “law and order” party? Yep: the direct opposite of the truth.

Of course accused people have due process rights. Everybody knows that. Here they are, from the Justice Department’s own website. There are 11 steps in criminal procedure. The rules specifically say that prosecutors (roughly speaking, House Democrats right now) are well within their rights to take pre-trial testimony in secret, for the obvious reason that doing so prevents witnesses from being able to coordinate their stories.

And yes, accused parties have the right to face their accusers. At trial. That’s step eight out of 11. We’re not close to step eight. The Senate will conduct the trial.

So again: Republicans (and Trump himself) who whine about him not being able to meet his accusers aren’t just lying. They’re deliberately saying the opposite of the truth.

Before that, we had the famous GOP interpretation of the readout of the Zelensky call. As I’ve written before, if you asked 100 fourth-graders to read that call summary, 98 of them would say Trump was asking him for dirt on Biden. But the GOP spin that the call was totally innocent is not merely a lie. It’s a direct assault on an obvious truth.

What else? Oh, yes—Bill Taylor is a “radical.” Taylor went to West Point, graduating in the top 1 percent of his class. He spent six years in the infantry and fought in Vietnam. He’s served with distinction as a diplomat under Democrats and Republicans for 50 years. That’s some radical. Again: not merely a lie. An attack on the truth.

The reflex is not limited to impeachment-related matters. Trump’s Syria speech Wednesday was as close to freedom-is-slavery as an American president has ever gotten. To review: He told Erdoğan to go ahead and invade; then he organized a cease-fire in a war he let start; then he applauds himself for being a peacemaker! “Only a couple of weeks ago [we] were scorned, and now people are saying, ‘Wow. What a great outcome. Congratulations.’” Right. “People.” Pence and Pompeo, maybe. And it’s not “long bloodstained sand.” The Kurdish zone has been conspicuously not that. And Erdoğan has not agreed to stop all military operations.

In every case, the direct opposite of the truth.

The question that always confronts us is, What’s the next lie? We can’t imagine, you and I, because we don’t have the same totalitarian mindset these people have. We don’t know what it’s like to wake up, look the truth in the face every morning, and spend the rest of the day thinking about how to smother and suffocate and suppress it. The vast majority of people, thank goodness, completely lack that impulse.

But paradoxically, that fact—that the vast majority of the people don’t have that impulse—works to the benefit of the totalitarian lickspittle, because most people can’t possibly imagine that someone would lie like that. My little story about the kid and the Hummel figurine makes the point. No child would say that. Or if one did, the parents would know they were deep in very creepy Bad Seed territory. But normal people don’t do those sorts of things.

Republicans are no longer normal people. They are Gletkin from Arthur Koestler’s Darkness at Noon. Just Google it. You’ll see what I mean. He’s the total party man with no memory of anything before the revolution and no morality except that which serves power. And he’s not acting. He believes. That’s the frightening part.

U.S.
It’s Worse Than Lies: There’s No Word in the English Language for What Trump & Co. Are Doing

The Daily Beast
•October 24, 2019

Chip Somodevilla/Getty
In 2010, researchers from Harvard and Google put their heads together to determine that there are roughly 1,022,000 words in the English language. The Oxford English Dictionary lists around 600,000.

Either way, that’s a lot of words. But there isn’t a word in the English language for what Donald Trump and the Republicans are doing.

They are no longer merely lying. Lying is covering up the truth. Lying is, No, Mom, honest, I didn’t break Aunt Donna’s Hummel. Or: No, Your Honor, I did not bilk my investors out of $4 million and abscond to Grand Cayman.

What these people are doing goes way beyond that. It’s a direct nuclear assault on the truth. It’s not: I didn’t break the figurine. Instead, it’s:

Mom, not only did I not break it, but Susie broke it, and I painstakingly glued it back together after she did so, and the facts that a) Susie has been away at camp all this time and b) you’re looking at it there on the dining room table in 37 pieces are tricks, delusionsmanifestations of a vast, fake-news conspiracy against me orchestrated by Susie and Aunt Donna. They’ve met together recently on more than one occasion, after all, and people are saying that Aunt Donna bought two boxes of Samoas and one box of Tagalongs from Susie; and that, dear Mother, is proof of the cabal!

For this, we do not have a word. In the entire English language. Chew on that for a minute.

Take this insane business about Trump’s due process, which animated that Charge of the Darkness Brigade yesterday on Capitol Hill. First of all: To enter a SCIF room with a cell phone—or an Apple watch, or anything—is beyond verboten. Ask any member of the House. You. Do. Not. Do. That. Period. But of course Matt Gaetz and company did it. After storming past Capitol Police officers. That’s lawmakers, I’m saying, storming past police officers.

You know how they call themselves the “law and order” party? Yep: the direct opposite of the truth.

Of course accused people have due process rights. Everybody knows that. Here they are, from the Justice Department’s own website. There are 11 steps in criminal procedure. The rules specifically say that prosecutors (roughly speaking, House Democrats right now) are well within their rights to take pre-trial testimony in secret, for the obvious reason that doing so prevents witnesses from being able to coordinate their stories.

And yes, accused parties have the right to face their accusers. At trial. That’s step eight out of 11. We’re not close to step eight. The Senate will conduct the trial.

So again: Republicans (and Trump himself) who whine about him not being able to meet his accusers aren’t just lying. They’re deliberately saying the opposite of the truth.

Before that, we had the famous GOP interpretation of the readout of the Zelensky call. As I’ve written before, if you asked 100 fourth-graders to read that call summary, 98 of them would say Trump was asking him for dirt on Biden. But the GOP spin that the call was totally innocent is not merely a lie. It’s a direct assault on an obvious truth.

What else? Oh, yes—Bill Taylor is a “radical.” Taylor went to West Point, graduating in the top 1 percent of his class. He spent six years in the infantry and fought in Vietnam. He’s served with distinction as a diplomat under Democrats and Republicans for 50 years. That’s some radical. Again: not merely a lie. An attack on the truth.

The reflex is not limited to impeachment-related matters. Trump’s Syria speech Wednesday was as close to freedom-is-slavery as an American president has ever gotten. To review: He told Erdoğan to go ahead and invade; then he organized a cease-fire in a war he let start; then he applauds himself for being a peacemaker! “Only a couple of weeks ago [we] were scorned, and now people are saying, ‘Wow. What a great outcome. Congratulations.’” Right. “People.” Pence and Pompeo, maybe. And it’s not “long bloodstained sand.” The Kurdish zone has been conspicuously not that. And Erdoğan has not agreed to stop all military operations.

The question that always confronts us is, What’s the next lie? We can’t imagine, you and I, because we don’t have the same totalitarian mindset these people have. We don’t know what it’s like to wake up, look the truth in the face every morning, and spend the rest of the day thinking about how to smother and suffocate and suppress it. The vast majority of people, thank goodness, completely lack that impulse.

But paradoxically, that fact—that the vast majority of the people don’t have that impulse—works to the benefit of the totalitarian lickspittle, because most people can’t possibly imagine that someone would lie like that. My little story about the kid and the Hummel figurine makes the point. No child would say that. Or if one did, the parents would know they were deep in very creepy Bad Seed territory. But normal people don’t do those sorts of things.

Republicans are no longer normal people. They are Gletkin from Arthur Koestler’s Darkness at Noon. Just Google it. You’ll see what I mean. He’s the total party man with no memory of anything before the revolution and no morality except that which serves power. And he’s not acting. He believes. That’s the frightening part.

What a pack of delusional lies!

He will get impeached in the House. Count on it. The Senate won't do it, though. They are spineless turds.
But the Republican party just became extinct. Bank on that. Case closed.

Nothing you said will come to pass. If they impeach him, the Republicans in the senate trial can pull whoever they want in and put them under oath - Obama, Hillary, Quid pro Joe, Comey the con man, Mueller the mullah, anybody they want - under oath- perjury traps set!

There is no way that these Dems will allow Nutty Nancy to put them in this sort of danger. They’d take her out first and the squad!

Nothing you said will come to pass. If they impeach him, the Republicans in the senate trial can pull whoever they want in and put them under oath - Obama, Hillary, Quid pro Joe, Comey the con man, Mueller the mullah, anybody they want - under oath- perjury traps set!

There is no way that these Dems will allow Nutty Nancy to put them in this sort of danger. They’d take her out first and the squad!

Boulangerie.

His white washing of the Dems witch-hunt bogus, star chamber “impeachment” hearings.

You lose, zero boy!

I have a duck behind my house. She quacks all day long, but does not say anything of value. Sort of like you. The two of you would make a nice couple...I just didn't realize that you also are a duck. If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, walks like a duck, it is a duck...said Dan Rather.

Did y’all see Clapper and Brennan on CNN looking visibly upset and very scared now that it morphed into criminal investigation? Clappers body language, speech and extremely scared look on his face shows these dudes know Durham and Barr are formidable threats. Clapper admitted to Anderson Cooper that he’s being investigated. Brennan and Clapper recruited foreign intelligence organizations, such as MI-6, the Aussies, the Italians and the Israelis, to help in spying on Trump and his campaign. He sold it as a “counter-intelligence” mission citing his fear that Trump was a Russian puppet. And these foreign services agreed to help. But they did more than passive collection. They helped create and implement covert actions, such as entrapping Michael Flynn as a foreign agent and cultivating and ensnaring George Papadopoulos. Make no mistake, People are going to jail. Nobody on the left is talking about CLINTON colluding in 2016 with the paid and bought fake dossier that was briefed to trump by Comey. It was unverified and debunked but STILL used in FISA court.

Did y’all see Clapper and Brennan on CNN looking visibly upset and very scared now that it morphed into criminal investigation? Clappers body language, speech and extremely scared look on his face shows these dudes know Durham and Barr are formidable threats. Clapper admitted to Anderson Cooper that he’s being investigated. Brennan and Clapper recruited foreign intelligence organizations, such as MI-6, the Aussies, the Italians and the Israelis, to help in spying on Trump and his campaign. He sold it as a “counter-intelligence” mission citing his fear that Trump was a Russian puppet. And these foreign services agreed to help. But they did more than passive collection. They helped create and implement covert actions, such as entrapping Michael Flynn as a foreign agent and cultivating and ensnaring George Papadopoulos. Make no mistake, People are going to jail. Nobody on the left is talking about CLINTON colluding in 2016 with the paid and bought fake dossier that was briefed to trump by Comey. It was unverified and debunked but STILL used in FISA court.

Hilarious !!! The Deep State is a Fig Newton of your imagination. There is no Deep State.

U.S.

The Daily Beast
•October 24, 2019

Chip Somodevilla/Getty

Bingo. very well stated.

Great post! They should be worried because they’re all guilty as sin. That’s obvious based upon the facts. Even if none of them are ever tried and convicted, the truth is clear. They’re guilty and now they’re scared to death that they will be held responsible for their crimes.

This is also why Nancy will never impeach Trump. Once the trial began in the Senate the Republicans could call ANYBODY including Obama, Biden and Hillary and put them under oath and question them. It would be a field day for the Republicans. That’s why the Dems won’t ever let Nancy go there. That’s why instead of having a vote first and then conducting a legitimate investigation (as in every other impeachment proceeding) Nancy is conducting a sham investigation without a vote.she knows that this is as far as it goes. It’s just her underhanded attempt to make it appear that Trump has been impeached to influence the election next year! And it will fail! Trump will serve two full terms and when he’s freed from the need to be re-elected then the Dems better watch out!

Skip to1:53 and observe Clappers stuttering and VERY scared look on his face. Then he acknowledged he’s one of the subjects of criminal investigation
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Liaj48z1Lak

Great post! They should be worried because they’re all guilty as sin. That’s obvious based upon the facts. Even if none of them are ever tried and convicted, the truth is clear. They’re guilty and now they’re scared to death that they will be held responsible for their crimes.

This is also why Nancy will never impeach Trump. Once the trial began in the Senate the Republicans could call ANYBODY including Obama, Biden and Hillary and put them under oath and question them. It would be a field day for the Republicans. That’s why the Dems won’t ever let Nancy go there. That’s why instead of having a vote first and then conducting a legitimate investigation (as in every other impeachment proceeding) Nancy is conducting a sham investigation without a vote.she knows that this is as far as it goes. It’s just her underhanded attempt to make it appear that Trump has been impeached to influence the election next year! And it will fail! Trump will serve two full terms and when he’s freed from the need to be re-elected then the Dems better watch out!
‘great post’ says the laughable loser who replied to himself. Take your slim fast and geritol now.