COMPANY IS MICRO MANAGEMENT CITY!!!

Agreed. It was all talk here. Be careful whatn you put down on any Monkey Survey here as well. They say it is anonymous, but it is far from that. Don't believe it? Google Monkey Survey yourself. They click the option to monitor. Trust no one here and consider looking for other opportunities. The company is already desperate and panicking, so the incessant micro management style will only get worse. Terrible leadership that should know that when you manage this way, you are only left with high turnover and unhappy employees. If anyone needs an improvement class it's them. Why on Earth would they think anyone would leave their job, only to be constantly monitored?

I’m one of the folks slated for round two hiring. I’m considering not moving forward.
The lack of communication has been awful. Can someone give insight to what you mean by micromanaging ? Are you making sales calls without an approved product? I’m just confused what micromanaging looks like at this point in time. Thanks for your honest feedback

I was part of the round 1 hiring and was never contacted again after my interview in Boston a few months ago, even though I was told they would let me know their decision. For as much as Sage claims they are a different kind of pharma company, I see nothing but the same old stuff. SSDD!

I’m one of the folks slated for round two hiring. I’m considering not moving forward.
The lack of communication has been awful. Can someone give insight to what you mean by micromanaging ? Are you making sales calls without an approved product? I’m just confused what micromanaging looks like at this point in time. Thanks for your honest feedback

Don't consider coming here! You're not familiar with micromanaging? How about frequent ride a longs, Managers calling you on a constant basis, ridiculous questions in content and number to ask these offices with no product, Javelin, Veeva, Managers that were primed as primary care reps, no tools at all, abysmal training. Need we say more? Biotech companies don't operate like that. The company doesn't have their act together and trying to get any answers to any of your questions are futile. The managers do nothing except to push it on to someone else. No reality on what it is like in the real world. Still has no clue how this product will be marketed and paid for. Scary times. There has been no mention of bonus and they are very evasive. Go with a company that knows what they are doing. Many people are already looking for new jobs, so what does that tell you? You've been warned.

Don't consider coming here! You're not familiar with micromanaging? How about frequent ride a longs, Managers calling you on a constant basis, ridiculous questions in content and number to ask these offices with no product, Javelin, Veeva, Managers that were primed as primary care reps, no tools at all, abysmal training. Need we say more? Biotech companies don't operate like that. The company doesn't have their act together and trying to get any answers to any of your questions are futile. The managers do nothing except to push it on to someone else. No reality on what it is like in the real world. Still has no clue how this product will be marketed and paid for. Scary times. There has been no mention of bonus and they are very evasive. Go with a company that knows what they are doing. Many people are already looking for new jobs, so what does that tell you? You've been warned.

Run away as fast as you can from this place. Micromanager hell.

I just wish I could get my manager off my back. Enough already. I don't advise anyone coming here. Never in my life have I seen so much micromanagement from the top down.

I just wish I could get my manager off my back. Enough already. I don't advise anyone coming here. Never in my life have I seen so much micromanagement from the top down.
Do we work for the same company? I couldn’t disagree more. My RBD is absolutely awesome and empowering, Maybe you should have a conversation with your manager.

Do we work for the same company? I couldn’t disagree more. My RBD is absolutely awesome and empowering, Maybe you should have a conversation with your manager.

Unfortunately, I will have to say I am having the same experience as the comments above. Consider yourself lucky because that isn't the experience most have had. I am a KAM with many years of hospital experience yet my RBD insists on riding with me all the time. I have never been so overly managed in my entire career. My fellow KAM feels exactly the same. This actually hurts business and the valuable c-suite relationships I have built. There have actually been nationwide surveys done that have shown when a supervisor continually shadows an employee, it not only makes for a poor employee working experience but is viewed as a negative distraction with customers. Healthcare providers are now saying do not bring your supervisor in here. Empowering in what way? The conclusion drawn can only be that your past work experience/companies you have worked for have not been very good and that is what you are comparing it to. Perhaps you worked at a extreme metrics-centric company with a primary care mentality. Whether you think your manager is wonderful or not, there is no denying the overuse of metrics tools they utilize at this company. This was the exact opposite of what many of us were told in the interviews. Frequent ride-alongs at this level is a slap in the face. If you like being treated like a child with lack of trust than it is understandable. I have an Area Business Director that is a complete bully. A wolf in sheep's clothing. This mentality then carries through to the RBD's.

I do have to agree with the majority of the comments on this thread to an extent. The Cambridge corporate office genuinely seems to want the biotech working culture which I saw first-hand, but somehow this is getting lost-in-translation with sales management. I hope sales leadership evolves and improves with a less metric mentality. At present time, I agree that certain sales leaders won't let go of past bad habits. With some members of sales leadership, there doesn't seem to be any growth or change in behavior from previous companies. Strategies that didn't work then and won't now. I know some of the RBD's and AD from a previous company and although I didn't directly work for them, I heard the negative comments about their management styles there and unfortunately now hearing the same comments here. This management style tends to look at the detail instead of the big picture. Monitoring what’s least important and expecting regular reports, seems to be the priority with my RBD for now, but feel that the pressure is coming from above her. I'm excited about the launch but at the same time feel a bit suffocated by my RBD and wish they would back off a bit. I hope this changes. I am hopeful that they are receiving feedback from the field and they make changes. Being micromanaged, pushes aside the experience and knowledge of colleagues, leading to a de-motivated team. They need to stop focusing on the metrics and wrong priorities. It is pretty simple that micromanagement is mismanagement.

sounds like a lot of entitled pricks on here. Our industry has changed over the years. Whether it be Pharma OR Biotech. We get paid quite well to work in this industry, a free car, nice benefits. What if that was all taken away? Many of you couldn’t survive I’m sure. A lot of you couldn’t do REAL sales . Have the customer sign on the dotted line.

Your job is to go out everyday and get business, make relationships and pull through biz - period. Somewhere along the way that got lost. Reps bitch that they have to ride with managers, guess what if you were out everyday working it wouldn’t matter.

At the meeting there was some real BS going on. The hope is that the survey will help rectify that. Tell them the truth, but provide a solution. Don’t just bitch to bitch.

sounds like a lot of entitled pricks on here. Our industry has changed over the years. Whether it be Pharma OR Biotech. We get paid quite well to work in this industry, a free car, nice benefits. What if that was all taken away? Many of you couldn’t survive I’m sure. A lot of you couldn’t do REAL sales . Have the customer sign on the dotted line.

Your job is to go out everyday and get business, make relationships and pull through biz - period. Somewhere along the way that got lost. Reps bitch that they have to ride with managers, guess what if you were out everyday working it wouldn’t matter.

At the meeting there was some real BS going on. The hope is that the survey will help rectify that. Tell them the truth, but provide a solution. Don’t just bitch to bitch.

GET THE FU*K OFF OF HERE. YOU RBD ASSHOLE! YOU DEFINITELY ARE NOT A REP! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to step in as well. There are no overly entitled sales people on here. We are experienced professionals with years of experience and we don't need to be micromanaged. It is that simple.

sage sounds like several companies I have worked for in my career: a dual culture company. Home office environment is great but the field culture is a nightmare. Then there is a disconnect because home office can’t understand why the field personnel are negative or why they complain. And then of course upper management sees no reason to make any adjustments. It’s a frustrating situation!