• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

Combining primary care and diabetes

I have only been doing this for two years and start feeling sick around noon every Sunday realizing that I have to go out a fake another day of work. How in the fuck did you do it for over 20 years? I would slit my wrists if I thought I would have to do this for another 18 years. You have to be either the most boring person on the planet or someone who will trade their self respect for a pay check.

Like most, option #2

Just guessing, but you must work in managed markets. Those are about the only people left who have been here and would spend that much time on CP. There isn't enough dynamite to blast those leeches out of AZ. Worthless, clueless, and with absolutely no moral character.
I bet I am right that this person is an account director.

I love these Account Directors that pretend to be sooooo important when in reality the majority of them were demoted into those roles and most likely would have been fired in today's environment. Now the company doesn't know how to get rid of them.

I love these Account Directors that pretend to be sooooo important when in reality the majority of them were demoted into those roles and most likely would have been fired in today's environment. Now the company doesn't know how to get rid of them.
The elimination process has already begun. Haven't you noticed?

I have only been doing this for two years and start feeling sick around noon every Sunday realizing that I have to go out a fake another day of work. How in the fuck did you do it for over 20 years? I would slit my wrists if I thought I would have to do this for another 18 years. You have to be either the most boring person on the planet or someone who will trade their self respect for a pay check.

It's simply really...in it for 16 years and these issues with access, too many reps etc have been around for quite a while.

How do I do do it? The pay is very good, I get a car, I've got a lot of freedom. I started ,y career in commission only sales so I really appreciate this job (go find a Zoll rep and ask them about their Sunday afternoons).

Plus, I'm getting older and have some big house payments to make. The wife wants a handbag, the kids need some college and I just need one more big product to break!

Has anyone else heard this? I'm assuming this will happen around the time Crestor goes generic. Either end of 2015, Q1, or Q2 of next year. I imagine there will be significant duplications. I'm not one to scream the sky is falling, but this seems pretty obvious something has got to give. We will have too many people and not enough drugs. Does anyone know anything? Any predictions? Also, with the new diabetes structure being an abysmal failure I'm sure the high ups are eager to change things around again. This would be the perfect time for another realignment....

WOW- OP new something -email just hit the airwaves and it's happening, the double T's are brothers-From another mother - God help us.

Can't say OP really knew something before today's email. But they were right in that it made some sense that they would eventually have Farxiga because the PC drugs were going generic.

The real question is how can Tophuck mess this up any more??????????
How about having the injectable team sell Farxiga?????

I have an idea...........
There could be an announcement that changes are going to be made, territories would be fixed, oral and injectable teams would be combined, DS4's would be gone, ESS's would be gone and the number of managers would be reduced.
Oh that's right, June 30 just happened and the changes were negligible, SAME OLD SHIT just a DIFFERENT DAY.

I'm standing on my toes clicking my heels 3 times...........

Any combinations will be further downstream,after the collateral damage is complete. Too late for adjustments. Should make for some interesting next few months. I'd make a bet that if any opps to raise hands for a severance, it would blow minds the mass exodus.

If you are looking for a little severance, better work hard,stay off any lists,be in good with manager,be patient for a few months . Your wish perhaps may come true,who knows!! I'm just gonna make my 8-10 calls,keep quiet.

Can't say OP really knew something before today's email. But they were right in that it made some sense that they would eventually have Farxiga because the PC drugs were going generic.

There could be an announcement that changes are going to be made, territories would be fixed, oral and injectable teams would be combined, DS4's would be gone, ESS's would be gone and the number of managers would be reduced.
Oh that's right, June 30 just happened and the changes were negligible, SAME OLD SHIT just a DIFFERENT DAY.

I just about choked when I read the part about ESS reps will lead with Bydureon for 4 (repeat 4) months to help with the declining market share. I'm sorry......we paid our upper management how much to come up with this? 4 months and some ESS reps are gonna fix it. Oh right. I could just cuss, but this crap just keeps coming over and over again. Unbelievable.

I just about choked when I read the part about ESS reps will lead with Bydureon for 4 (repeat 4) months to help with the declining market share. I'm sorry......we paid our upper management how much to come up with this? 4 months and some ESS reps are gonna fix it. Oh right. I could just cuss, but this crap just keeps coming over and over again. Unbelievable.

Guess who's going to be selling orals in your endo offices those 4 months.

NO ONE.

Brilliant.

And do you know what the best part is, and by best part I mean the part where you realize that they're really that stupid.
It appears to me they thought up this new PC idea after the June 30 day-o'change announcements.
Otherwise, I would have expected them to announce they're considering it.
Right?

You do it because you make six figures to do a job that takes less work than stocking shelves at a grocery store. BE GRATEFUL. Someday, if you ever leave pharma, you'll realize how fucking fortunate you are to be in this position. The vast majority of people can't/won't ever get a six figure job, we get it for doing practically nothing. I kiss the ground every time I see my fat paycheck come in after 2 weeks of doing almost no work, just driving between offices and chatting with a few doctors/nurses as they let me. It's insanity.

You do it because you make six figures to do a job that takes less work than stocking shelves at a grocery store. BE GRATEFUL. Someday, if you ever leave pharma, you'll realize how fucking fortunate you are to be in this position. The vast majority of people can't/won't ever get a six figure job, we get it for doing practically nothing. I kiss the ground every time I see my fat paycheck come in after 2 weeks of doing almost no work, just driving between offices and chatting with a few doctors/nurses as they let me. It's insanity.

It's not that we aren't grateful. This is why America is in decline. Just go with the flow, don't rock the boat and collect a paycheck. When reps know the decisions that are being made are wrong for our company and stockholders, they speak up. Now, has leadership listened? No. Diabetes has a good portfolio and the sales model is killing what we established last year.

It's not that we aren't grateful. This is why America is in decline. Just go with the flow, don't rock the boat and collect a paycheck. When reps know the decisions that are being made are wrong for our company and stockholders, they speak up. Now, has leadership listened? No. Diabetes has a good portfolio and the sales model is killing what we established last year.

What do you mean America is in decline? Look at what the great Obama has done. He has made friends with Cuba, Iran, and Russia while chasing our traditional allies like Israel away.
And we have two more ass clowns coming in his footsteps since our likely choices will be Hillary or Jeb. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried. One is a Bush and the other has one.