• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Changes

Customer: “Is Wegovy supply back? Do you have a date when it will be back?”

Answer: “Sorry. I have no idea. Whenever I tell you a date it’s wrong”

Everyday on repeat. So tired of saying we are shipping all strengths when my territory hasn’t seen lower strengths since last summer for Wegovy.
We have lost all credibility.

All that planning to pivot and changing to win for months is finally here. Customers won’t have a problem with being called on by 4 reps with the same product mix will they? Get ready for what comes next everyone!

First off, I love the smell of chaos in the morning! And boy does it reek here! Nobody knows what the changes look like, but if you’ve been here any length of time? They are a constant reality, just take it like an adult. Most of you make more of your job than it’s actually worth. You don’t save lives and your respective role makes little difference other than supporting sales growth and share of voice. DEs and MLs please? Those pharmacy managers? Biggest supply challenge ever and you all brought little to know value except telling us stuff we already knew from pharmacy calls. This is all actually quite funny. Feel free to get mad because you think you matter, you don’t, as is evidenced by the RBDs and above making tons of money while you all fight over $1200 scraps and 3 month contests that give you $200 in way to go points? Lmfao. It’s a joke, take the money, take a nap in your car often and go home early. There’s the value in it!!!!!

He’s amazing
Does it all by himself
Talk brand and unbranded
Don’t need no ML!
Got all the answers
He naps in his car
You peons be thankful
For advice from superstar!

Getting a feeling we may be heading towards some sort of diabetes and obesity consolidation. Some cryptic emails coming out. Any realy intel from the H.O.?

Of course that’s what’s happening. The only reason we’re organized the way we are right now is b/c we have so much damn money, we can employ three times more people than we need. Anytime you’re selling the same molecule to the same customers with 2 different sales forces, it will eventually end. Some financial investor will look at it and say “Hmmm…can’t we just have one salesforce do both things?” And, we all know that we can. This gravy train is running to a very predictable conclusion.

Of course that’s what’s happening. The only reason we’re organized the way we are right now is b/c we have so much damn money, we can employ three times more people than we need. Anytime you’re selling the same molecule to the same customers with 2 different sales forces, it will eventually end. Some financial investor will look at it and say “Hmmm…can’t we just have one salesforce do both things?” And, we all know that we can. This gravy train is running to a very predictable conclusion.

Will it be announced on Negelle’s call tomorrow? Or are we talking months from now?

Get rid of old school pharma reps/managers who aren’t clinical or with little emotional intelligence, move DE/OE into sales roles or lay off, and continue to hire reps with clinical background as the organization is doing nationally.

Get rid of old school pharma reps/managers who aren’t clinical or with little emotional intelligence, move DE/OE into sales roles or lay off, and continue to hire reps with clinical background as the organization is doing nationally.

Clinicians aren’t typically persuasive in their interactions with others. They might know a lot, but they can’t convince others to change their current habits. Not sure your idea would work.

I would normally agree with you however I’ve seen across multiple regions the territories with clinical sales have been doing the best. They make more convincing arguments clinically vs more of a used car salesman sale. Of course not al clinicians but when hired well by competent manager

I would normally agree with you however I’ve seen across multiple regions the territories with clinical sales have been doing the best. They make more convincing arguments clinically vs more of a used car salesman sale. Of course not al clinicians but when hired well by competent manager

Well, I guess if you’re comparing them to a used car salesman, then you’d be right. I’m not sure many Pharma reps even remotely fall in that category of selling type. Virtually all Pharma reps know the clinical data that supports their products and can clinically sell with it.

Clinicians aren’t typically persuasive in their interactions with others. They might know a lot, but they can’t convince others to change their current habits. Not sure your idea would work.

You can teach a clinician better selling skills. You can’t teach a sales person decades of clinical & patient experience. HCPS want to hear from clinicians and this honest discussion is more persuasive than any sales discussion hands down. End of story.

You can teach a clinician better selling skills. You can’t teach a sales person decades of clinical & patient experience. HCPS want to hear from clinicians and this honest discussion is more persuasive than any sales discussion hands down. End of story.
Knowing as many educators with clinical backgrounds as I do, I can conclusively state you cannot teach most of them how to sell. Most of them are totally clueless and severely lacking in EI.

Now do we need to get rid of some of the old school pharma morons who still haven’t learned to not “reply all” and can’t count samples to save their lives? Sure.

But a wholesale change to someone who picked up an RD qualification somewhere? Nah.

I’m sure you’re right. It must be why the entire industry was built on a different model than you present. If HCPs wanted to hear from clinicians, a couple of things would be true: 1) we would have built our sales force that way and 2) our MSLs would be busy (but, they aren’t.)