• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Cancelling An Interview. Minority Related Question

anonymous

Question for minorities..Have any of you ever cancelled an interview once you found out the RM’s and DM’s are White Males and you basically have no chance to be hired?

<

Question for minorities..Have any of you ever cancelled an interview once you found out the RM’s and DM’s are White Males and you basically have no chance to be hired?
You mean you are the only one they will hire, regardless of qualifications - right? Making up less than 5% of the educated population, but holding a much greater percent than that in jobs requiring education. You claiming to be a victim has long died.

You mean you are the only one they will hire, regardless of qualifications - right? Making up less than 5% of the educated population, but holding a much greater percent than that in jobs requiring education. You claiming to be a victim has long died.

Serious Responses only. Fake stats. Has nothing to do with sitting in that interview chair and being interrogated by mediocre White males.

If this post is the definition of "Equality", then we have peaked as a civilization and are on our way down.

There is nothing stopping a handful of political oligarchs from grabbing all the wealth if we are this petty. People are too stupid to figure out why the population is being so sharply divided. So no one wins except the people pulling the strings

Serious Responses only. Fake stats. Has nothing to do with sitting in that interview chair and being interrogated by mediocre White males.
As a minority, I can say if you can’t get a job/promotion now, it’s all on you. Obviously your single parent never taught you any personal responsibility. Look in the mirror.

Yes. YES! On a daily basis. We do the same if their LinkedIn or Facebook shows them "quietly touring" the Capitol building on January 6th, or we see TikTok videos of them loudly proclaiming to school boards that requiring masks on teens is pedophilia.

Yes. YES! On a daily basis. We do the same if their LinkedIn or Facebook shows them "quietly touring" the Capitol building on January 6th, or we see TikTok videos of them loudly proclaiming to school boards that requiring masks on teens is pedophilia.
You can keep screaming, but less and less people are believing - you seen the polls lately?

I’ve canceled dozens of interviews after finding out I’d be “the only one” in my district. F that. If you just do, one interview like that for practice. Only interview if you have a solid referral and ask if that DM is “open” to breaking the mold. I’m through with these people. Can’t wait for the changing Demographics so I can level the playing field.

I’ve canceled dozens of interviews after finding out I’d be “the only one” in my district. F that. If you just do, one interview like that for practice. Only interview if you have a solid referral and ask if that DM is “open” to breaking the mold. I’m through with these people. Can’t wait for the changing Demographics so I can level the playing field.
Interesting dialogue, the only one what… only one that actually works for Pfizer now, I don’t understand. Grow a set.

Good to know that you won't be darkening the interview door, no pun intended. Maybe blm hiring.

OP:
I'm so pale I get a sunburn reading "good night moon" to my kids.
I have hired 8 minorities and 3 whites on my team. I network with my contacts, I hire the best.
You could have been the 9th if not for your pissy attitude. Grow up.

Serious reply, my answer is no. You assume we think all white males are racist. I wouldn’t know that in advance unless forewarned.

I didn’t post for opportunities because of the bad experiences of minorities who worked for that hiring manager. I didn’t post for roles when I worked for a biased manager because I knew he’d sabotage me in the process. I got away from that manager but when I was promoted, he still tried to sabotage the process but failed. Lastly, I’ve steered other minority candidates away from managers who I thought would do more damage than good to their careers.

The opposite happens, too. Minorities guide each other to managers who are great to work with and that list includes many white males.

I hope you feel better educated on what really happens. It’s why a few bigoted managers are so toxic to the whole company.

Serious reply, my answer is no. You assume we think all white males are racist. I wouldn’t know that in advance unless forewarned.

I didn’t post for opportunities because of the bad experiences of minorities who worked for that hiring manager. I didn’t post for roles when I worked for a biased manager because I knew he’d sabotage me in the process. I got away from that manager but when I was promoted, he still tried to sabotage the process but failed. Lastly, I’ve steered other minority candidates away from managers who I thought would do more damage than good to their careers.

The opposite happens, too. Minorities guide each other to managers who are great to work with and that list includes many white males.

I hope you feel better educated on what really happens. It’s why a few bigoted managers are so toxic to the whole company.

I hope you feel better educated that the reason why Diversity Initiatives are needed in the 1st place is because of White Boys controlling the process. Data shows the white men hire their same race over 98% of the time. The only way to change them is by forcing with a Mandate. Your method is antiquated and will cause a lot of Mental Health issues. The Browning of America will expedite process.

I hope you feel better educated that the reason why Diversity Initiatives are needed in the 1st place is because of White Boys controlling the process. Data shows the white men hire their same race over 98% of the time. The only way to change them is by forcing with a Mandate. Your method is antiquated and will cause a lot of Mental Health issues. The Browning of America will expedite process.
data shows white men hire their own race 98% of time...source? You are one angry person, filled with hate...most likely use this as a crutch to explain your own failures, its the "white boys" fault right?

Stop with the fake I'm-a-minority posts. 10 years ago, that stuff worked on the masses. Now, its seen as pedantic and pathetic.