Biogen verbal offers 275k total comp

Why do smaller companies pay more? Tangent but I’m curious. Less job security? Less overhead?
They don't have all the layers of dead weight that pharma has. No KAMs, VAMs, RAM's, MOS, Reimbursement people, HIT people, or any of that "people and culture" BS.

Many small companies have exec level reps who report to a home office, have no counterparts, and actually move business by themselves with very minimal oversight

They can and do make $300K and above routinely at some of these companies like Amgen, Regeneron, Biogen or other biotechs.

While we make blankets, listen to fat guys play ukuleles and are entertained by our "leaders" playing with blocks, people like them travel all over the country and sell.

They don't have all the layers of dead weight that pharma has. No KAMs, VAMs, RAM's, MOS, Reimbursement people, HIT people, or any of that "people and culture" BS.

Many small companies have exec level reps who report to a home office, have no counterparts, and actually move business by themselves with very minimal oversight

They can and do make $300K and above routinely at some of these companies like Amgen, Regeneron, Biogen or other biotechs.

While we make blankets, listen to fat guys play ukuleles and are entertained by our "leaders" playing with blocks, people like them travel all over the country and sell.
Gilead total comp is over $300K. They report to a home office and don't have middle management. That's why they Mke what they do- no babysitter.

Gilead total comp is over $300K. They report to a home office and don't have middle management. That's why they Mke what they do- no babysitter.
I like my babysitter I think they do a good job and they really help keep me on track, true professionals don’t mind input, that’s why golf professionals have swing coaches.

Biotech reps make a lot for one reason: they charge upwards of $200k for one year of their medication or “therapeutic”
Yes there are way less people involved - no KAMs etc - but as a rep, you have to look a provider in the face and justify why these meds are so expensive. It’s because the reps and RDs are so expensive…..at the expense of the patient.