Biogen verbal offers 275k total comp

So much BS on this thread. P1 sent out the package info in emails. It’s not too secret. $185k-$205k total package (salary + bonus + stock). Bonus is $44 and RSUs are estimated at $15k.

Not saying that aren’t going over that for some, but that’s the range they have given. Many first wave offers went out last week.

So much BS on this thread. P1 sent out the package info in emails. It’s not too secret. $185k-$205k total package (salary + bonus + stock). Bonus is $44 and RSUs are estimated at $15k.

Not saying that aren’t going over that for some, but that’s the range they have given. Many first wave offers went out last week.

And that is for senior rep.

Your off by a little GF.
Salaries are 185-205k. Yes bonus is 44k
RSUs start at 15k & go up w performance as the NSD told me on my final interview Monday.
ALL reps get RSUs of 15k & higher YR End Rank reps get more. TOP 10% last year got 60k RSUs. Bottom ranked rep got 15k.

You were close but way off on salary. Do the math and it is a 250k yr package--- not 275k but lot more than 150k at Pfizer.
I got an offer & deciding between Biogen & Advance Therapeutics which is less salary 170s but more RSUs a yr.

Your off by a little GF.
Salaries are 185-205k. Yes bonus is 44k
RSUs start at 15k & go up w performance as the NSD told me on my final interview Monday.
ALL reps get RSUs of 15k & higher YR End Rank reps get more. TOP 10% last year got 60k RSUs. Bottom ranked rep got 15k.

You were close but way off on salary. Do the math and it is a 250k yr package--- not 275k but lot more than 150k at Pfizer.
I got an offer & deciding between Biogen & Advance Therapeutics which is less salary 170s but more RSUs a yr.
ep

Depends on your experience and top5% wins.
So 250k package is very realistic and the best of best will warrant 275k package.
100% RSUs of 50-75k is the BOMB!

ep

Depends on your experience and top5% wins.
So 250k package is very realistic and the best of best will warrant 275k package.
100% RSUs of 50-75k is the BOMB!
Accurate for avg Biogen rep, more exp 15yr+ with successful Top 10% performance can command Executive SHR level and total comp would be 300k as salary & yearly RSU stock is higher.
Also throw Genentech & Advance Therapeutics into the mix stating to hire now.

Biotech can pay lot more per rep & share profit & co stock than Big Pharma but they are still paying less per teritory coverage than big Pharma.
Biotech's pay 1 solo rep terr 250-300k total
While Big Pharma pays 150k total package per rep but have 2-3 sometimes 4 reps overlap so Big Pharma is paying up to 600k per territory & lot more than Biotech at 300k per terr.

That is why Biotechs can pay more & share company wealth more than Big Pharma-- simple math-' 1 rep territories so less reps = less overhead payroll expense.
Accounting 101 in Jr High.

Yes top companies that are specialty paying big $$$$ for high quality exp reps.
Most want 10yrs plus in specialty alone-- biotech asking 15yrs exp--- min of 5 Top 20% with 2 Top 10%.

And as prev post said, they are paying Big Pharma DM RD level compensation for reps.
Going after Best of the Best then have to pay like the Best.

Most biotech & smaller pharma co average reps make 250k total package. Top tier reps that are Sr level make over 300k
They do have lot higher salaries but the difference that really seperates is annual RSU stock up to 100k a year .....

Wrong, it is for reps.
RDs is over 400k package!

Reps= 275k yr
-175k salary
-50k bonus
-50k annual Stock (all reps & goes up w perf)

RD Comp package target is $275 to $300 based on new hires current base. Not reps. That's a fact. Can get into a pissing match all you want but that's what it is. And there are better paying RD jobs out there than BIOGEN.

What does a level 3 rep with 14 years experience 10 with Pfizer make? asking bc im still at 2...
Like all levels the ranges are about 30k spread.
The average SHR 3 base is about 140k with 35k target bonus with Pfizer which is extremely good with big pharma companies.
Now smaller co & biotech, add about 30k more to base and 25k more to bonus.

these numbers are NOT accurate. $175 is high and highly unlikely, target bonus is $44k and stock is closer to 15-25 as a Rep.

more realistic numbers:
-130 base (median)
-44k bonus at target
-8,500-15k annual stock award at plan (3 year vesting period).

RD’s are equivalent to DBM’s at Pfizer. No way they make 400k Ttl comp. Closer to $275k at plan.

exactly. That is correct.

Why do smaller companies pay more? Tangent but I’m curious. Less job security? Less overhead?
Actually more job security cuz only 1 rep per territory.
Less overhead so can spread wealth more.
80% spent on TV commercials.
Flatter streamline organizations without all the high salary overhead that big pharma has.