• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Best and Infamous memories as a rep

Anonymous

I've been in the industry since 2005. Back the I was in my early thirties. Young, cocky brash male. I was a rep, at another company. I've been at 3 companies with one of them obviously AZ. Currently I am at HQ. Yes I make more money. Yes our jobs are easier than being a rep or DBM. I am married, have a 3k per month mortgage, couple of kids, etc. My job is mundane. I go from meeting to meeting. Boring, some more than others, but all useless. My office is a cubicle. Nothing fancy I hate to say it. But that's my reality. Every once in a while I do miss the simple life. Of being a rep! You guys have it good and enjoy it.

So to reminisce I have put down my best/infamous memories as a rep

1. I slept with a no-see female doctor in
My territory during a conference. My first year in pharma. After that encounter my access and market share improved to the amazement of my pod mates.

2. My manager called me for a special meeting with an RD and HR on the line to discuss my call activity. That day I called in sick and went on disability. Within a month I got a new job at another company and got a 12k raise!

3. Sleeping with a hot rep while I had a girlfriend. Amazing experience!

4. Getting promoted to specialty and getting a 10k raise

5. Being laid off then rehired into a new role within 3 weeks

6. Getting 500 to $800 per month in caterer kickbacks for my lunches for over 2 years!

7. First time I broke 100k in income. Back then I used to think this was so much money. I
Laugh now but still remember it fondly

8. Going to a baseball game with my doctors.

9. Getting a humongous territory and building 100k in Marriott points in 3 months

10. Being offered my current role. Honeymoon lasted 2 months after which reality set in

Bottom line is enjoy your life as a rep!

I've been in the industry since 2005. Back the I was in my early thirties. Young, cocky brash male. I was a rep, at another company. I've been at 3 companies with one of them obviously AZ. Currently I am at HQ. Yes I make more money. Yes our jobs are easier than being a rep or DBM. I am married, have a 3k per month mortgage, couple of kids, etc. My job is mundane. I go from meeting to meeting. Boring, some more than others, but all useless. My office is a cubicle. Nothing fancy I hate to say it. But that's my reality. Every once in a while I do miss the simple life. Of being a rep! You guys have it good and enjoy it.

My territory during a conference. My first year in pharma. After that encounter my access and market share improved to the amazement of my pod mates.

2. My manager called me for a special meeting with an RD and HR on the line to discuss my call activity. That day I called in sick and went on disability. Within a month I got a new job at another company and got a 12k raise!

6. Getting 500 to $800 per month in caterer kickbacks for my lunches for over 2 years!

7. First time I broke 100k in income. Back then I used to think this was so much money. I

9. Getting a humongous territory and building 100k in Marriott points in 3 months

10. Being offered my current role. Honeymoon lasted 2 months after which reality set in

If you are already not gay, you are on your way to becoming one!

What time are you playing at the Amateur Comedy Hour in Boise, Idaho?

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

I'll play. I was a rep from 2000 to just this year when I quit and left to work in social services making next to nothing and loving every single day. . . . but, oh, oh my, the memories of pharma:

1. My first job at training our management ordered several 100 dollar bottles of wine. I remember the dinner bill just for 10 of us first night of training was over 2000. No one batted an eye. I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven. The job was Heaven - for the first time in my adult life, I could afford to buy a home.
2. You know that honeymoon - it ends and I got sucked into a pod with a merger. I jumped to a small generic firm and we went nuts. They rented Treasure Island for are POA and some famous band from Canada to come and play for us. It was crazy and all free. I road Spiderman until I got sick. LOL
3. Drinking games, wild parties. One in particular in FL where we were dancing on the bars until 2 am.
4. Managers were cool at one of my companies. One of mine would go out drinking with us. We all got caught in a rain storm and the streets flooded. Everyone was drunk as shit. We took off our shoes and socks and wandered through St. Louis in the middle of the night, dead drunk and soaking wet. . . Next day, she was still the best presenter and the best manager I ever had.
5. The free lunches. Yep, always took something home for dinner. I never had to cook.
6. The incredible night I met another rep at the bar 15 years younger and a major hunk. We ended up hooking up that night. Discovered we shared a portion of a huge territory and had a great FB relationship for five-plus years. I miss him. He was a lot of fun - dirty fun that made me smile as I grew old! All good things do indeed come to an end.
7. My partners. Yep, I will miss three of them very, very much and I just know we won't really stay connected. On the hand, five of my past teammates are some of my very best friends today.
8. I have had doctors that I loved and some that I hated. One of my best memories was an older PCP who was an accomplished photographer. I went in to say good-bye to him, when I got promoted and had to move, we shed some tears and he gave me a gorgeous framed print to remember him by. . . . Another doctor, when I got very sick and could not get an appointment soon enough, worked me in, ran a shit load of tests and never sent me a bill. Some things about this industry will break your heart and other times, you cannot believe it could be so wonderful. . . . . in the end and here at AZ, I decided I needed to do something with a lot less stress, more productive work and more valuable to society. Plus, the culture at AZ is total shit. I have never seen such horrible meetings in my life.

My experiences are so similar I thought someone was typing about me. Only thing is I didn't sleep with a doctor, a couple of MA's and a pharmacy tech but no nurses.

I had similar experiences as well. They seem crazy in retrospect. What was most rewarding was working for AZ and a medical device company on the side for several years. To train for the medical device company I took a weeks vacation. I would go in the OR in the early morning and work my small territory from 10 or 11 to 5. My numbers for both jobs were great and so was the money. That was the first of many side jobs.

Notice what OP said. He was asked by his DM to meet in a room with an RD and HR in a conference line. OP did the right thing. Called in sick and immediately went on disability. It's like getting paid to look for a new job. Word to the wise, IF your DBM ever calls you for an impromptu meeting with another manager, the CBD and HR on the line ITS NOT TO DISCUSS HOW WELL YOU ARE DOING. Trust me, you will be fired!

Where I work now, the VP will send you a note if they like what you're doing. Pharma is a shithole. . . a do nothing, act like you're of major importance, treat anyone around you like dirt and stab anyone in the back that gets in your way. (Hahaha - career ladder to nowhere!) Me? I drive around and have made 10 real calls by Noon. Doctors actually call me for help. Then I get to plan my week or month, and send thank-yous, buy treats, train staff, read the latest news and attend community meetings, or manage my CRM software. Pharma is a joke. I really cannot believe anyone ever gets out as you folks really do not DO anything at all. Anyone in it more than 6 years, is most likely braindead.

Where I work now, the VP will send you a note if they like what you're doing. Pharma is a shithole. . . a do nothing, act like you're of major importance, treat anyone around you like dirt and stab anyone in the back that gets in your way. (Hahaha - career ladder to nowhere!) Me? I drive around and have made 10 real calls by Noon. Doctors actually call me for help. Then I get to plan my week or month, and send thank-yous, buy treats, train staff, read the latest news and attend community meetings, or manage my CRM software.

Pharma is a joke. I really cannot believe anyone ever gets out as you folks really do not DO anything at all. Anyone in it more than 6 years, is most likely braindead.

Braimdaid? Hole on jest a minit! Hoo u callin braimdaid?

How the fuck did you set yourself up for a $3000 mortgage payment? You stoopid!!

Do you live in Iowa or Kansas you hillbilly? OP, as I and most normal people live In California, East Coast or Hawaii. A 3k mortgage is equivalent to 500k house you dumb ass. 500k is actually a starter home price in Cali unless you live in a shitty part like Oakland or Watts. Go crawl back under the rock you came from

Best part of the job for a guy? Yup the endless sex! One of best known secrets about this industry. I've facialized, come on, inside and even on 2 honeys faces at once! Love love the meetings and big territories.

Do you live in Iowa or Kansas you hillbilly? OP, as I and most normal people live In California, East Coast or Hawaii. A 3k mortgage is equivalent to 500k house you dumb ass. 500k is actually a starter home price in Cali unless you live in a shitty part like Oakland or Watts. Go crawl back under the rock you came from

If you want to play, you have to pay. NYC, Chicago, LA, San Fran, best places to live in USA...definitely not Iowa...

I remember going to Iowa, to an Italian restaurant. Ordered some Pasta and got Noodles with Ketchup.

If you want to play, you have to pay. NYC, Chicago, LA, San Fran, best places to live in USA...definitely not Iowa...

I remember going to Iowa, to an Italian restaurant. Ordered some Pasta and got Noodles with Ketchup.
Had the same thing in San Fran but it cost $75 without tip and my waiter hit on one of the men in my group. I think half of that amount was taxes. That is one fucked up gay mother fucking shithole of a city.

Had the same thing in San Fran but it cost $75 without tip and my waiter hit on one of the men in my group. I think half of that amount was taxes. That is one fucked up gay mother fucking shithole of a city.

Nancy Pelosi is from San Fran so say no more. She could easily be working in H.R. at AZ. She fits the mold perfectly. Witless, clueless, and without a shred of integrity.