Being fired at training?

<

In my CAST class there were 4 out of 33. That was with no pharma reps, all device. Probably a lot more now that we are hiring more pharma reps, unless we are starting to lower our standards on testing as well.

so you leave a good job to take a job that fires you once you fail a test?? What's in the test? Why are these hired if they fail? Why isn't it taken as part of the interview?

Dear lord! Please help these chumpmonkeys that are getting hired or are interviewing. It must be outsiders or dum and full of cum pharma reps that are interviewing. "Why isn't it taken as part of the interview".......REALLY!!!!!!!! This company is in trouble!

For those ISRG reps that spend time on here!!!! get back to pushing the adoption curve. I need my stock to continue to rise as I would like to retire here in the next 5-10 years. My 7 years were a fun ride. Glad I made a boatload on my options :)

Nonsense. I had an idiot of an ASM in my class that failed multiple tests and that person stayed and went on to work in the field. It's an urban myth the old crust old timers like to perpetuate to inflate their inwardly flawed egos.

Dear lord! Please help these chumpmonkeys that are getting hired or are interviewing. It must be outsiders or dum and full of cum pharma reps that are interviewing. "Why isn't it taken as part of the interview".......REALLY!!!!!!!! This company is in trouble!

For those ISRG reps that spend time on here!!!! get back to pushing the adoption curve. I need my stock to continue to rise as I would like to retire here in the next 5-10 years. My 7 years were a fun ride. Glad I made a boatload on my options :)

Huge tax bills as well...

What does the exams consist of if people are failing out? Do they try and trick you with the questions?

They are testing if you will easily drink the Kool Aid. 95% of the prostatectomy surgical market isn't enough you know......forget about how a better use of time might be going after the radiation market, etc.

What does the exams consist of if people are failing out? Do they try and trick you with the questions?

They give you the outline of what to study for prior to the exams. As long as you take good notes, pay attention and ask for help when you need to you'll be fine. Just my opinion. Any other thoughts?

They dont fire anyone at training, complete scare tactic.

You must be part of the new breed. Where we're so desperate they'll take anyone. I trained in 2008 and we had 1 casualty. Great girl, but couldn't hack it. I was w/ Covidien before, and I thought their training was much harder. More trick questions. Training has got easier since I was there. You used to have to memorize the entire procedure cards for dVP, dVH, and LAR. As another poster mentioned, if you take notes and retain info well, you'll do fine. I thought the tests were actually pretty easy. If I made mistakes, they were stupid errors on my part (rushing through, not paying attention to exactly what question asked, etc). Take your time and read each question thoroughly to ensure you understand what is being asked, and you'll do great. You have to do a lot of role plays too, so you need to be comfortable presenting in front of your peers. Remember everyone's nervous, so you're not alone. I'm still here after 4+ years, and relatively happy. As everyone says, it all depends on who your manager is. As long as you have strong relationships w/ your hospitals and docs, and have a strong clinical aptitude, you will do well. Just take all the management pressure w/ a smile, nod your head a lot in agreement, tell them you will scrub every single schedule, and convert every case you see non-dV, but in reality do what you think will get the job done while keeping your integrity. It's not a bad gig, but you do hear a lot about those "body snatchers." Great reps who are loved by upper management, and the next thing you know they're gone. Kinda weird. Who knows, I'm very tenured...let's see if I make it to the WWSM next month. ;-)

As an ex trainer, I only fired people who failed to give their best efforts or got hammered 3- nights a week(at another firm) thinking this was still college or consumer goods-first job

Anyone with half a brain knows that there is ZERO correlation between test scores and field performance as some just are smarter, retain and memorize better. Convesely, many of these types lack great people skills, drive and empathy for the customer type skill sets.

Just get thru it by outworking everyone.