Bacterin Biologics

I visited Bacterin in Montana about 2008 or so, and met with Guy Cook for an hour. I was convinced that this guy had absolutely no clue how to run a company, especially the sales/marketing end of the business. He is a typical mis-placed executive, who is incapable of delegating, but thinks he knows everything. This is a very poorly-run company.

I had an interview with Guy Cook a few years ago. I was in-between jobs after taking a year off. I had gotten a call from some recruiter that sounded like Click or Clack from Car Talk. So Guy Cook personally flys in for the interview, completely unaware I was not with my former (high-profile) biologic company with whom I had a good track record (the recruiter must not have looked at my resume closely and realized I was no longer with that company). Though I've always been the same kind of sales rep, as anyone knows it's the kiss of death to have gaps in employment and be currently unemployed. So when that became apparent, I clued Cook in and the smile vanished from his face. The rest of the interview was awkward and abbreviated.
I caught on with another company and have done very well there just like I have with the others. It's funny how fate works in your favor sometimes.

I have an opportunity with this company to interview and they are claiming their territory will do 200K-250K selling Bone type products to Spine, Ortho, and Sports Medicine.
However, I had thought this market was saturated plus these docs will usually just get this stuff from who is providing their metal. Any thoughts? They compete against Medtronic, Stryker (Op-1), Orthovita possibly, others etc...

I am a distributor selling Bacterin an I absolutely love it. I do over 40k a month. They are a great company with great people

I sell Bacterin and all these people who talk shit just can't hack it. I do great and I think Guy is the man. I've been selling Bacterin for 3 years and they are fantastic. I make about 15 grand a month

Isn't it a coincidence that these last two replies stating how great Bacterin is to work for came within 4 minutes of each other? Makes me think they were posted by the same person on the inside trying to make the company look better on this site.

This company is basically a reservoir bank for the likes of Cook and his entourage. It is as close to a scam as one could imagine. No patented products; all generics; and after the so called investment of a 25 million dollar loan, most of it will go into the O&D pockets. This stock sucks.

Guy Cook has a distributorship run by his kids. He makes his numbers by equity sales on the last day of the quarter EVERY quarter and then doesn't show credits when this product is reuturned, as he buys product back through his son's distributorship. Can you say "jail time". He fires everyone who mentions restating earning or fraud. As a matter of fact, his CFO, John Gandolpho has a contract that prevents him from doing anything that could get the CEO fired...as he is automatically terminated if the CEO ever is fired. Can you say "who cares about Sarbanes Oxley"? He also has his wife running HR, so nobody can ever complain about fraud or unethical business practices. Can you say "who cares about Sarbanes Oxley"? Amazing that the SEC doesnt crack down on blatant fraud that everyone on the street is talking about!

Thanks for pointing out how they opperate. Really bad people and as far as hacking it, what selling some bone product that I have heard from docs that did not perform very good. Whatever I check on this once in a while. So glad they did not like me as my company and stock continue to kick it.

This is an amazing thread. How is it that the DOJ isn't investigating this company? How is it that Guy Cook isn't in jail?

Someone, anyone... who goes over this thread and that can blow the whistle on this company, please do so.

Human tissue is being used in real live patients. This isn't a joking matter.

What the heck is with this company?!? I did my due diligence on here before I had my "interview" and I have to say WOW it seems to be true!!! 3 to 5 minutes. Short, rude, terse from the get go? They are tripling their sales force and my interviewer didn't know jack about my territory. Can you say lack of professionalism and this was with an Executive VP?!? Feel like they were wasting my time. Anyone have any feedback?

What the heck is with this company?!? I did my due diligence on here before I had my "interview" and I have to say WOW it seems to be true!!! 3 to 5 minutes. Short, rude, terse from the get go? They are tripling their sales force and my interviewer didn't know jack about my territory. Can you say lack of professionalism and this was with an Executive VP?!? Feel like they were wasting my time. Anyone have any feedback?

My "interview" was ridiculous. I'm not even certain why the bothered to call me. Same thing 3-5 minutes, was unprofessional, didn't care about any background. I knew within the first minute that I wasn't going to have any follow up with the exception of a form letter from HR. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

JOKE