• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

AstraZeneca Hospital reps leaving

Anonymous

In the past Hospital positions generally experienced relatively low turnover, but have noticed a number of reps leaving in the Mid-Atlantic.

Is this happening in other areas of the country as well?

Not really. Brilinta is a total failure and will always be a total failure. AZ will soon do what the consulting companies tell them, and that is AZ needed more SOV to launch it. idiots. SOV means nothing when you have no access. The Medicines Company has also been a huge mistake. But, there is no need to leave. Why leave when I make 6 figures here. it's the sorry ass management that needs to leave. Maybe old Pascal will do something about that. No, I will ride this old train until it runs out of steam.

It can take years to be trusted in the hospital environment by pharmacy, department chiefs, P&T members, etc, so it can be unfortunate when good people leave or in some cases, managed out.

It can take years to be trusted in the hospital environment by pharmacy, department chiefs, P&T members, etc, so it can be unfortunate when good people leave or in some cases, managed out.
Competitors are always shocked that AZ would allow a PC PSS lock step with their PC DSM enter a teaching institution like Sloan Kettering or UCLA to chase sales calls. One is dangerous but teaming with a DSM is like throwing gasoline on a fire. Only bad things are going to happen and AZ does this shit all of the time chasing their share of voice numbers.

Competitors are always shocked that AZ would allow a PC PSS lock step with their PC DSM enter a teaching institution like Sloan Kettering or UCLA to chase sales calls. One is dangerous but teaming with a DSM is like throwing gasoline on a fire. Only bad things are going to happen and AZ does this shit all of the time chasing their share of voice numbers.

For a long while it was rumored (at least here at ground level) that MT was unhappy with hospital existence and wanted it to be managed like PC. This was well prior to the Brilinta launch. It was unfortunate to cookie cut the sales organization and manage Hospital as such. This TA was once on a par with Oncology (though that's been baked as well) and flexibility was important. It appeared MM recognized this, but was swimming upstream like a salmon fighting the current. Now matters are worse.

My DSM has NO hospital credentials and insists on coming into big institutions where if he gets caught, we will both be asked to leave, maybe for good. WTF? He tells me this is fine and all his reps take him into their hospitals no problem. I find this pretty damn hard to believe. Critical care floors and cathlabs are no place for a DSM to critique a sales call. This is beyond stupid. Get these idiots out of the hospital environment now!!! The PP is right that it can take years to build up enough of a relationship to be allowed in and one stupid DSM looking for that perfect corporate message or trying to chase sales could ruin it. I really do not understand what is wrong with this industry. My last boss just sat in the lobby and behaved himself.

My DSM has NO hospital credentials and insists on coming into big institutions where if he gets caught, we will both be asked to leave, maybe for good. WTF? He tells me this is fine and all his reps take him into their hospitals no problem. I find this pretty damn hard to believe. Critical care floors and cathlabs are no place for a DSM to critique a sales call. This is beyond stupid. Get these idiots out of the hospital environment now!!! The PP is right that it can take years to build up enough of a relationship to be allowed in and one stupid DSM looking for that perfect corporate message or trying to chase sales could ruin it. I really do not understand what is wrong with this industry. My last boss just sat in the lobby and behaved himself.
The fact is that most PC DSMs don't give a shit about the hospital business because they don't understand how it impacts their business. The PSS is out of people to see so they drag their DSM to a hospital to kill some time. Of course the DSM has to coach the call because, well what good are they if they don't act like they know what they are doing?
This company is full of idiots coached by bigger idiots and on most days they cost us business instead of increasing it.

The fact is that most PC DSMs don't give a shit about the hospital business because they don't understand how it impacts their business. The PSS is out of people to see so they drag their DSM to a hospital to kill some time. Of course the DSM has to coach the call because, well what good are they if they don't act like they know what they are doing?
This company is full of idiots coached by bigger idiots and on most days they cost us business instead of increasing it.

sounds like BMS.

Actually you can drop your DSM into the hotline for going uncedentialled into an account. That's a violation of policy.
That'll get him or her poked hard in the rear end.

Actually you can drop your DSM into the hotline for going uncedentialled into an account. That's a violation of policy.
That'll get him or her poked hard in the rear end.

Actually, once your DSM gets a mild slap on the wrist (maybe), you are the one who is going to get a hard retaliatory poke in the ass.

All of you hospital assholes that think you are hot shit because you can get in a hospital make me sick. You guys haven't sold a thing in years. You are finally accountable for something and you don't know what to do. All you pricks do is wander around the hospitals and look busy.got news for you elitist pricks a. We don't need you. B. Doctors hate you.C. Other reps hate you. D. Doctors don't want to hear you babbling about how Brillinta is better than Plavix, they know patients can afford Plavix. E. Doctors hate you. Have a good day.

All of you hospital assholes that think you are hot shit because you can get in a hospital make me sick. You guys haven't sold a thing in years. You are finally accountable for something and you don't know what to do. All you pricks do is wander around the hospitals and look busy.got news for you elitist pricks a. We don't need you. B. Doctors hate you.C. Other reps hate you. D. Doctors don't want to hear you babbling about how Brillinta is better than Plavix, they know patients can afford Plavix. E. Doctors hate you. Have a good day.
Hey hospital hater, you must work in managed markets because you can't even spell Brilinta correctly. Couldn't you find a meeting for free lunch today?

Oh yeah I forgot, F. I'm jealous.

So true. The primadonna elitist jackass hospital reps are a laughingstock. Good luck landing another job in the real world, once AZ wakes up and fires you and your dumbass colleagues. It would probably increase sales if all of the sudden there were no more hospital reps. The doctors would appreciate it.

Agreed.they are the laughing stock of the company and the industry.never sold a thing in their life. They wander around and act important. None of these assholes will make it in the real world.