Are we going to follow Merck?

1800 being let go at Merck! Will we follow them?

The days of Pharma armies chasing reach and frequency are about to come to a crashing end. Companies have been gradually reducing field force headcount for over 5 years but the dam is about to break as Congress will pass stricter contracting requirements to cut costs. The race once was for growth now it is all about cutting costs and continuing to merge in order to cut administrative costs.

There are still a few armies out there. There's us and GSK for starters. AZ is not savvy enough to make decisions without consultants. The consultants just look at all the additional products they can sell at an inflated head count.

based on the call today, FULL steam ahead for CVMD. Looks like they will have responsibilities great enough to negate any layoffs anytime soon.
Respiratory,watch out.

based on the call today, FULL steam ahead for CVMD. Looks like they will have responsibilities great enough to negate any layoffs anytime soon.
Respiratory,watch out.
BRuhhahhhaahhaa.... Now that is really funny. CV full steam ahead. Better check that steam I think is is coming from a train headed straight at us. Or smell the steam, it smells like death.

The days of Pharma armies chasing reach and frequency are about to come to a crashing end. Companies have been gradually reducing field force headcount for over 5 years but the dam is about to break as Congress will pass stricter contracting requirements to cut costs. The race once was for growth now it is all about cutting costs and continuing to merge in order to cut administrative costs.
Been hearing this for 16 years! Your comment bores me

Layoffs have been around for over 10 years with all the change coming from our customers telling us that they have little need to see reps today, pharma reps haven't changed their game plan..alot of highly paid reps 'hanging in there' just trying to make the best of it and play the game of I spy a doctor..staying longer than 3-5 years in pharma sales is too long.

unfortunately i do not see layoffs occurring anytime soon. I hope I’m wrong however it is clearly evident that the people in the glass tower have absolutely no idea of what little we have to do or the minimal impact we have. Looks like we will continue to play this game for the foreseeable future!

not in this case!
I'd definitively say that unless AZ gets devastating news, we will not follow Merck,LillyGsk,etc to the layoff scenario ANYTIME soon!!
Think logically...not with your emotions.
Return to Growth is happening as we speak, so it will be that same Growth in 18',19' etc.
There's just nothing out there even CLOSELY resembling a hint of mass layoffs,downsizing.
Even the "HR Source" has been quiet. It's because there's nothing they can say to try and create worry and discourse.
The layoff in June/July of 16 was "it" folks!
So stop wishing for your name to be picked for a severance. It's hard to find jobs out there. We have it good here. Any company is gonna have it's qualms and shortcomings.

not in this case!
I'd definitively say that unless AZ gets devastating news, we will not follow Merck,LillyGsk,etc to the layoff scenario ANYTIME soon!!
Think logically...not with your emotions.
Return to Growth is happening as we speak, so it will be that same Growth in 18',19' etc.
There's just nothing out there even CLOSELY resembling a hint of mass layoffs,downsizing.
Even the "HR Source" has been quiet. It's because there's nothing they can say to try and create worry and discourse.
The layoff in June/July of 16 was "it" folks!
So stop wishing for your name to be picked for a severance. It's hard to find jobs out there. We have it good here. Any company is gonna have it's qualms and shortcomings.

Take off your blinders. Return to growth for certain segments. The big PCP drugs aren’t growing. Bevespi is DOA

Definitely no reduction of sales force in 2017 or 2018!!

Now that is really funny. I can't believe how stupid people are or gullible or naive or just plain deaf, blind, and dumb. This trend of steady reductions in Pharma sales forces is not isolated to AZ. It is an industry wide shift due to reduced profit margins, a steady decline in R&D results, and constant price control pressure from U.S. and International markets. Get used to it because it is only going to become more apparent. Ask yourself if you would pay your salary for what you do if it was your company. Now ask yourself the same question if your company was losing money.