• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Are they going to fix base salaries?

anonymous

Everyone knows that our salaries are WAY below what other companies pay — even much smaller companies.

In the global town hall following the engagement survey results they said that they would address the salary problem.

Rumors are starting to circulate that they are going to do something about this early next year. I’m thinking about leaving the company in the next 2 months but if they were TRULY going to fix the salary problem I might stay.

Does anybody know anything?

<

Everyone knows that our salaries are WAY below what other companies pay — even much smaller companies.

In the global town hall following the engagement survey results they said that they would address the salary problem.

Rumors are starting to circulate that they are going to do something about this early next year. I’m thinking about leaving the company in the next 2 months but if they were TRULY going to fix the salary problem I might stay.

Does anybody know anything?[/QUOTE

Dont you know better than to believe anything we are told. Hell, knowing these cock suckers they are likely to reduce salaries.

I know you are a moron for believing anything they tell you. And even if they were to raise salaries what do you think your raise would be? MINIMAL. Just leave dude.

Anyone with a brain knows that you won't get a raise after you are hired. It is what it is. You are stuck in a pod where you've got partners who don't care. All of my rep friends who have left are now making 90k or more with another company and 1 drug to sell. See ya. I'm outta here.

I’ve had two recruiters contact me, allergan is an easy target I guess due to below average salary. I’m looking at a 62% increase in salary and who says no to that. I’m interviewing for it next week. New base $85,000 plus higher bonus opportunity, more stock, nicer car and actual stability. Allergan is last on pretty much every area.

I will call you out on your 62 percent number. So you were only getting paid around $51k at Allergan? That seems low for even Allergan’s standards.

Also I will disagree regarding the company car. The Ford Edge and chevy equinox are much nicer than the altimas I see other reps driving.

Definitely agree with you regarding salary, stability, stock options, and I’ll go ahead and throw in 4 product bag mix.

Allergan has horribly low base pay. It’s just a company to get your foot in the door so to speak and then after 1-2 years start applying to other companies and get better pay.
I know several reps that have left here between the 2-5 year mark and gotten anywhere from $15k-$30k more base.
It feels like Allergan is viewed like the Enterprise or Cell Phone store of the pharmaceutical world.
I’ve interviewed a couple of times now and our POD system is definitely viewed negatively when applying to Specialty positions.

Biologic reps here are highly underpaid. Coolsculpt, Breast and SM reps make way more even though so much is put on the BDMs- so many top have left and all are so glad. Burden without pay. No one can explain the goals - it’s ridiculous!

I was offered $120 at Synergy so yes....that base range is accurate
I have been with Allergan for 4 years and I make 59K. Every other company is offering 85k and higher. Allergan is behind the times with pay and they are churning and burning through young, measly reps who don't know any better. Add micromanaging to the mix and managers who have not been in the top 50% themselves and you have a sad life. They know it all yet they keep losing their reps with bullying backstabbing and the practice of running off reps. They weren't treated this way yet they continue to junior high it up with mean girl tactics. We can't wait to watch them fall. Karma is a bigger bitch than our managers.