April Layoffs?

anonymous

Seems like we are in a hiring freeze across the nation for most positions (not all, but most). We all know Spiriva and Pradaxa are off patent sometime in the next few years. We missed our Goals/Forecast for 2018. It's clear we are in for some pain in the next few years. What's everyone's thoughts here? When's the next layoff coming?

<

Interesting you said April because there is some weird noise about that month. Not the usual time of year for changes. There is noise about portfolio selling again as well, so maybe realignment as opposed to layoff. I have no info, just rumblings.

You better watch out you better not cry the cadaverous one will tell you why. When you receive an email telling you everything is alright and to stay home tomorrow that night.
The severances will be minimal with the stingiest of care. HR will be non existent and not reachable with a flare (reaching I know)
The music will stop and only so many seats will be available The leftover life rafts were released in 2016 so all that is left are a few dozen life jackets

I'm hearing some stuff about April/May timeframe as well. Not sure if it's at all true. Just a bit of changing the structure of therapeutic areas perhaps? Combining different areas/salesforces maybe? Haven't heard about layoffs....yet. Wonder where we are going with it, but yeah, with half the revenue going away in the next 3 years, I'd have to think some changes are in order. Our typical BI time frame seems to be every 4 years, so maybe 2020.

I'm hearing some stuff about April/May timeframe as well. Not sure if it's at all true. Just a bit of changing the structure of therapeutic areas perhaps? Combining different areas/salesforces maybe? Haven't heard about layoffs....yet. Wonder where we are going with it, but yeah, with half the revenue going away in the next 3 years, I'd have to think some changes are in order. Our typical BI time frame seems to be every 4 years, so maybe 2020.
So HSBS will be untouched?

I just want to say portfolio selling is a terrible idea. We are selling about 14 products right now in Diabetes....with all of the combos. The doctors are confused as hell as it is, which is why we have no FDC sales. Adding other products to the bag will dilute an already strongly performing sales force. The only reason we didn't hit our number was the goals were outrageous to begin with and started missing in diabetes when the competition started giving their drug away for free. Cant complete with free. Too late to that party in November. Any knee jerk reaction will push us further down. I do see getting rid of CV and letting Pradaxa go by the wayside when it goes off patent, but give the Cards to diabetes and sales will skyrocket! 100% coverage will more than make up for this year, but hey, if you can't send 25B home...

Interesting you said April because there is some weird noise about that month. Not the usual time of year for changes. There is noise about portfolio selling again as well, so maybe realignment as opposed to layoff. I have no info, just rumblings.
Not buying it. The company isn't going to cut deals like crazy for jardiance coverage for '19 and then cut the sales force. You have to have pull through to get on top tier (and a healthy rebate). 2019 will be stable, 2020 is another story. If Jardiance gets some sort of cardio indication (chf) as a stand alone for example there might be a few years security. We all have to look at this as a year to year job.

Get out and work you filthy animals!
That is the way of company. You still get the payments in bank every two weeks.
Company needs performances not complainings
You don’t like it leave and no worries five peoples will interest in position.

You wonder how import reps are with a product 2nd tier. Docs and big IDN's and paid for generics and commercial utilization. So the industry pays a rep 100 per year to read a message. CRAZY... There must be other cost effective ways to do this!!!

I just want to say portfolio selling is a terrible idea. We are selling about 14 products right now in Diabetes....with all of the combos. The doctors are confused as hell as it is, which is why we have no FDC sales. Adding other products to the bag will dilute an already strongly performing sales force. The only reason we didn't hit our number was the goals were outrageous to begin with and started missing in diabetes when the competition started giving their drug away for free. Cant complete with free. Too late to that party in November. Any knee jerk reaction will push us further down. I do see getting rid of CV and letting Pradaxa go by the wayside when it goes off patent, but give the Cards to diabetes and sales will skyrocket! 100% coverage will more than make up for this year, but hey, if you can't send 25B home...