• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

AbbVie Science Chief to Retire With No Successor in Place

When Leiden was here, he removed JL from any decision making and made him an "ambassador". Leiden was forced out by Miles due to professional jealousy
and JL took his place. What a "brilliant" move~?~ Leiden was right on the lack of expertise in R&D!

What are you guys all cryin' about?!

We have SEEN the video of the rat that had a severed spinal cord almost completely healed after getting an injection of one of our compounds in early trials!

We have read about the frog in South America that will be the starting point for a whole new type of pain compound!

I have read the training CDs for Sertindol!

We have sat through the group testing with other reps for our new hydrocodone drug!

Oh, wait a minute..... none of those exciting new CNS drugs are here yet.... well, soon. Just wait another few months, and I am sure they will be here soon. Really, just wait.

Sure hope some other company doesn't beat us to the punchline while we wait around.

This is when you know the end is near. Really only 55 and retiring? I'm sure this person is well compensated. The only reasons you would retire from such a high paying position is that you know the bottom is about to fall out of this company and you want to lock in your retirement, or you have health concerns and have to quit. Which one is it? My guess its the first reason.
. Maybe he is faking a diagnisis of cancer like little ricky did? I smell a rat!

How do you work for this company & not know that 55 is the magic number to retire?

They get their pension benefits, all the exec bullshit that comes along with "retiring", and then they come back in contract positions.

Jesus, how many times has Ricky "retired"? They're like boomerangs, they always come back eventually.

Leonard surrounded himself with yes men (like Sullivan) who knew how to feed him the right BS to advance themselves whether or not it was true. And he got rid of people who spoke truth cuz that was inconvenient. Sent them packing and blamed them for his own failures on their way out (remember Eugene Sun?). Lesson: can't make your pipeline flow if its full of BS!!

Leonard surrounded himself with yes men (like Sullivan) who knew how to feed him the right BS to advance themselves whether or not it was true. And he got rid of people who spoke truth cuz that was inconvenient. Sent them packing and blamed them for his own failures on their way out (remember Eugene Sun?). Lesson: can't make your pipeline flow if its full of BS!!

Dr. Sun was a no nonsense scientist/physician. He told it like it is one too many times! Truth is not what senior management wants to hear!! Leonard threw Sun under the bus!