• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Abbvie Allergan salaries

Thanks. All I really know is Abbvie so good to know there are much better opportunities out there.
Just went through the interview process here.. and was was offered a job in October. I was shocked with how low the base salary was….. the DM and the regional manager strung me along telling me they could meet my demands and when the offer came in from the recruiter it was 40k lower than my current base. And on top of that the bonus was laughable. The above posts are correct. This company is no where close to speciality pay and could be the worst in the industry. I gave ten examples of current companies salaries and bonus to the recruiter with the level of the experience they wanted but they refused to move. You all are being underpaid. I turned down the offer, kept interviewing and ultimately landed elsewhere with the salary that is in the ballpark of speciality sales and the bonus. Just so you know ..they offered me 110 and Abbvie thought they were doing me right! I have over 15 years experience in that disease space w relationships. Don’t sell yourselves short people

Just went through the interview process here.. and was was offered a job in October. I was shocked with how low the base salary was….. the DM and the regional manager strung me along telling me they could meet my demands and when the offer came in from the recruiter it was 40k lower than my current base. And on top of that the bonus was laughable. The above posts are correct. This company is no where close to speciality pay and could be the worst in the industry. I gave ten examples of current companies salaries and bonus to the recruiter with the level of the experience they wanted but they refused to move. You all are being underpaid. I turned down the offer, kept interviewing and ultimately landed elsewhere with the salary that is in the ballpark of speciality sales and the bonus. Just so you know ..they offered me 110 and Abbvie thought they were doing me right! I have over 15 years experience in that disease space w relationships. Don’t sell yourselves short people

I'm in the process with 4 different companies right now. About 15 years experience across multiple specialties too. Everyone is $100-$115k base. A few years back, it was hard to find $80k. Definitely hearing stories of the random company paying $130k and someone even said my own company (not Abbvie) just brought a rep in at that which is $40k over what the tenured reps here are making.

I'm in the process with 4 different companies right now. About 15 years experience across multiple specialties too. Everyone is $100-$115k base. A few years back, it was hard to find $80k. Definitely hearing stories of the random company paying $130k and someone even said my own company (not Abbvie) just brought a rep in at that which is $40k over what the tenured reps here are making.

Your salary survey sounds like you used a very narrow scope. Random companies paying 130? That a randomly low salary for a true non PCP specialty job.

So did anyone hear about an internal management email accidentally sent out discussing the ability to pay new hires the max of $115k starting? Allergan legacy reps were told the starting was $80k. From the email it’s states it’s $110-115k. I know two new hires with Abbvie in same division of company with little to no experience that got the $115k starting salary…The gist is Abbvie is severely underpaying the allergan legacy reps…So is Abbvie going to raise legacy salaries or try to sweep under the rug?

So did anyone hear about an internal management email accidentally sent out discussing the ability to pay new hires the max of $115k starting? Allergan legacy reps were told the starting was $80k. From the email it’s states it’s $110-115k. I know two new hires with Abbvie in same division of company with little to no experience that got the $115k starting salary…The gist is Abbvie is severely underpaying the allergan legacy reps…So is Abbvie going to raise legacy salaries or try to sweep under the rug?

Abbvie reps with seniority don’t make that sometimes. The way to increase your pay is switch companies a couple of times. You get a 5 to 10% increase if they really want you. How do u think Abbvie reps feel when newbies come in making more than they do?

I have heard about the email. And know someone who was recently hired at 115000 while legacy allergen making in in the 80’s.

it’s terrible the way AbbVie has approached this. They try to promote equality, inclusion, etc and then are not transparent with this discrepancy in salaries.

‘I have heard that even if you are promoted into a higher specialty or manager position at AbbVie, they still cannot increase the salary of the Allergan Legacy person.

If this is some legal requirement with the buyout, why not be upfront and let Allergan Legacy know when their can be a change.

So wrong.

What a slap in the face? Abbvie increases salaries for reps yet nothing said about Allergan.
When will leadership address the salary issue with Allergan. It’s way below the industry average. Leadership is aware of the problem yet nothing is said. Instead, they have a call and increase abbvie reps compensation.

As of mid May raises will be handed out and subpar news coming your way… they went from 80 to 90k BUT only if your DM says you can have the raise. Its all merit base now so those reps getting hired selling the same medication as you are still coming in 105-120 but the reps who have been loyal will take them years to move up to that with base. Its all a dumpster fire, just work where you are until you A. Find something better or B. Get used to being the red headed step child of Abbvie

This shows how fucking dumb Allergan has their folks. They yip on about performance performance performance. Which to an Allergan rep=calls per day. That’s fine when the patients you represent do not have complex issues. A monkey could hock the lowest estro birth control pill.
The patients that AbbVie reps (prior to Allergan buying Abbvie) seek to help have chronic issues. You can’t waltz in w/ the same salesy attitude. The Allergan approach to this chronic patient type falls deaf.
“Dr, I want your next 10 pain patients. And I’ll call you twice a week until you throw me out.”
—Good luck.
The pelvic pain market takes more finesse than most any Allergan employee could hope to muster. You cannot drive chronic disorders into submission with 15 calls per day.
And Abbvie reps in WH are mostly rejects that n’r impressed their way out. Lazy, shell game playing, self preserving cheats. At least with some individuality.
The Solvay reps amongst us certainly all spawned from the same gremlin fed after midnight. Brainless suck up zombies with non productive boomerang thoughts.
The obstacles the WH franchise face, in my opinion, are insurmountable and unrelenting.
Most efforts the franchise make end up just costing offices more time and setbacks.
Nearly every WH call has negative value.

This shows how fucking dumb Allergan has their folks. They yip on about performance performance performance. Which to an Allergan rep=calls per day. That’s fine when the patients you represent do not have complex issues. A monkey could hock the lowest estro birth control pill.
The patients that AbbVie reps (prior to Allergan buying Abbvie) seek to help have chronic issues. You can’t waltz in w/ the same salesy attitude. The Allergan approach to this chronic patient type falls deaf.
“Dr, I want your next 10 pain patients. And I’ll call you twice a week until you throw me out.”
—Good luck.
The pelvic pain market takes more finesse than most any Allergan employee could hope to muster. You cannot drive chronic disorders into submission with 15 calls per day.
And Abbvie reps in WH are mostly rejects that n’r impressed their way out. Lazy, shell game playing, self preserving cheats. At least with some individuality.
The Solvay reps amongst us certainly all spawned from the same gremlin fed after midnight. Brainless suck up zombies with non productive boomerang thoughts.
The obstacles the WH franchise face, in my opinion, are insurmountable and unrelenting.
Most efforts the franchise make end up just costing offices more time and setbacks.

Interesting perspective. How many residents or fellowship trainings have you conducted? Case observations? Ask the Botox SMD reps about calling on Post Stroke Rehab units or PEDS clinics. Watching the doc inject a patient for the first time with a jittery hand. That’s right it sells itself. Think again about how respected the Allergan reps are. It is a great feeling when you are the only rep who actually gets calls from the doc. Just saying.

—Good luck.

This statement isn't totally wrong, but it's backwards...

The allergan rep is NOT the one equating calls-per-day to performance, OR "asking for the next 10 patients".... this out-of-touch approach is being forced on allergan reps from the MANAGEMENT. Reps are literally made to do this, or put on a plan... and the constant co-travels, my god, they're like every other week, so there's not a lot of choice in the matter

So many solid reps (the smart ones) have left the company PURELY due to poor management, and the customers feel it

Let's be honest...sh*t rolls downhill, and allergan's poor leadership is a perfect example of this

This statement isn't totally wrong, but it's backwards...

The allergan rep is NOT the one equating calls-per-day to performance, OR "asking for the next 10 patients".... this out-of-touch approach is being forced on allergan reps from the MANAGEMENT. Reps are literally made to do this, or put on a plan... and the constant co-travels, my god, they're like every other week, so there's not a lot of choice in the matter

So many solid reps (the smart ones) have left the company PURELY due to poor management, and the customers feel it

Let's be honest...sh*t rolls downhill, and allergan's poor leadership is a perfect example of this

AMEN

—Good luck.

Biologic rep has entered the chat! I make 3 very important calls per week with my one indication. Fuck you

I make 110k 21 years Level3 for 7 years now. It’s low but I can’t break through the glass ceiling. I ask for more but every year I get 2.8% more and told that I’m doing a good job. If I move to Executive rep I can make more, but getting a 4 on a review is impossible at Abbvie.
The CA law just passed where the hiring company must post salary ranges. Then we will all know if your paid appropriately.
I would hate to be the VP who under pays minorities.

Stop your whining!!! Pharma companies do this all the time!!! A great example of this is Pfizer!! If you don’t like your salary here, then look somewhere else. Abbvie reps can definitely out sale an Allergan rep any day!!!!