• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Abbvie Allergan salaries

anonymous

What a slap in the face? Abbvie increases salaries for reps yet nothing said about Allergan.
When will leadership address the salary issue with Allergan. It’s way below the industry average. Leadership is aware of the problem yet nothing is said. Instead, they have a call and increase abbvie reps compensation.

<

What a slap in the face? Abbvie increases salaries for reps yet nothing said about Allergan.
When will leadership address the salary issue with Allergan. It’s way below the industry average. Leadership is aware of the problem yet nothing is said. Instead, they have a call and increase abbvie reps compensation.

Abbvie reps lost about $14-$16k in income from the changes on this call. A small one time 2-3% increase in salary is so everyone doesn't up and leave in a mass exodus.

Bottom line is Abbvie reps all lost income today, you didn't.

this is the companies attrition strategy. they know people will leave. a ton of experience will leave which is the issue. they want people to leave. its cheaper than severances . its not an emergency at this point. but its early planning for restructuring. get as man people to leave as possible and “right sizing” is easier.

Hope I’m wrong, but if you’ve been around long enough you know what this all means. Abbvie is so over saturated with reps and access is not the same as it used to be. Take the money while you can, but keep your eyes open for opportunities. They’re clearly having to move money around for shareholders and board members. Lots of money wasted this year, millions.

I’m not sure what the situation was when SOLVAY and AbbVie became one but as for now, it’s a big problem when you have an AbbVie rep and allergen rep both as direct partners and the AbbVie rep is making a whole lot more. And on top of that, the AbbVie rep barely works. So let’s give the AbbVie rep a raise and not have any communication on the allergen salary issue. So much for equality. Definitely not a good strategy.

I’m not sure what the situation was when SOLVAY and AbbVie became one but as for now, it’s a big problem when you have an AbbVie rep and allergen rep both as direct partners and the AbbVie rep is making a whole lot more. And on top of that, the AbbVie rep barely works. So let’s give the AbbVie rep a raise and not have any communication on the allergen salary issue. So much for equality. Definitely not a good strategy.

Since you are an Allergan rep, you can always go back to the Enterprise you were working at before.

That Abbvie rep may be originally Solvay, who knows. There never was an adjustment to bring up Abbvie salaries to get anywhere close to what legacy Solvay was/is making.

Problem is Allergan pay is a joke because Allergan was a joke of a company with used car sales culture.

I think everyone needs to relax and enjoy the fact that we all have jobs. It can change on a dime, there is nobody working 8-5 right now. So all you heroes relax! Things will slowly get back to normal, the sales force will be right sized going in to 2023. This is how you boil a frog, slowly turn the heat up.

its 100% an attrition strategy and one that saves money and devalues reps who make the money. they will follow pfizer msl call center reps. despite what they say msl and iae will fail. only time they get appt is because of reps. they dont care. smart thing to do is go. they want this. im going. dont fall for we still have pension. 20 grand bump easily passes benefit of pension. abbvie is now a status quo company. no abbvie pride. just go for the money and invest it. dont be foolish with loyalty. i was. now i see the light. as soon as they lose legacy talent they will lose access. they made a decision and now we should. alot of small start up would die for our access. and they are willing to pay.

its 100% an attrition strategy and one that saves money and devalues reps who make the money. they will follow pfizer msl call center reps. despite what they say msl and iae will fail. only time they get appt is because of reps. they dont care. smart thing to do is go. they want this. im going. dont fall for we still have pension. 20 grand bump easily passes benefit of pension. abbvie is now a status quo company. no abbvie pride. just go for the money and invest it. dont be foolish with loyalty. i was. now i see the light. as soon as they lose legacy talent they will lose access. they made a decision and now we should. alot of small start up would die for our access. and they are willing to pay.
BIOHAVEN is one of them. My friend is making bank.

you’re either joking or ignorant. Biohaven is primary care and pays like it.
Neither and YOU are showing your stupidity. Friends and colleagues I know personally are raking it in with substantial 6 figure base salaries; their bonuses are fabulous, oh and stock options too. Now these folks are the start up salesforce, when BH was selecting seasoned candidates. Subsequently they paid up for their experience. The new hires not so much.