• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Abbott Vascular

Just checked out the reviews for AV on Glassdoor.com. Not pretty...

So put in the good word for them. Tell them about the micromanaging, backstabbing and generally poor work environment. The incompetent, lazy and wacked out management team.
Then go into all the FDA problems, kickbacks and payoffs, etc.

So put in the good word for them. Tell them about the micromanaging, backstabbing and generally poor work environment. The incompetent, lazy and wacked out management team.
Then go into all the FDA problems, kickbacks and payoffs, etc.

Speaking of "whacked out management", who's the idiot that hired, then unleashed the moronic supervisor (DL) on the Zevo Distribution department? I understand he used to be a PDP, then was hired in to be the supervisor. Bad choice. I've heard so many bad things about this guy, it makes my ears bleed. He makes it obvious that he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't care, he makes very poor, counterproductive decisions because he doesn't know what he's doing and he drives his employees insane with aggravation on a daily basis. When the computer system or RF guns go down (it's happened a lot lately), he is nowhere to be found, then lies to his boss about what time the system actually crashed, so it doesn't seem THAT bad. His communication skills are non-existent and he likes to throw other people under the bus. He has no sense of priority; sweating the miniscule things and ignoring the big picture and the goal of getting the product to the customer on time. I hear his favorite thing to do, is to sit in front of his computer, staring at his charts and graphs that are completely useless. Who brought this guy in? He's toxic to the department and the company. Some people are even wondering if he's being paid by a competitor, to sabotage Abbott's efforts. (sounds farfetched, but it DOES make one wonder, yes?) I, for one, resent this employee being here.

Speaking of "whacked out management", who's the idiot that hired, then unleashed the moronic supervisor (DL) on the Zevo Distribution department? I understand he used to be a PDP, then was hired in to be the supervisor. Bad choice. I've heard so many bad things about this guy, it makes my ears bleed. He makes it obvious that he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't care, he makes very poor, counterproductive decisions because he doesn't know what he's doing and he drives his employees insane with aggravation on a daily basis. When the computer system or RF guns go down (it's happened a lot lately), he is nowhere to be found, then lies to his boss about what time the system actually crashed, so it doesn't seem THAT bad. His communication skills are non-existent and he likes to throw other people under the bus. He has no sense of priority; sweating the miniscule things and ignoring the big picture and the goal of getting the product to the customer on time. I hear his favorite thing to do, is to sit in front of his computer, staring at his charts and graphs that are completely useless. Who brought this guy in? He's toxic to the department and the company. Some people are even wondering if he's being paid by a competitor, to sabotage Abbott's efforts. (sounds farfetched, but it DOES make one wonder, yes?) I, for one, resent this employee being here.

I've heard that the amount of mistakes by the department have increased just since March, but this supervisor doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Incorrect orders are a good way to lose customers.

Well, next month begins one of the most despised rituals at AV: The Employee Giving Campaign. Let the badgering and harassment begin! They are already brainstorming ways to get MORE people to donate. They were told last year, that people were reluctant to donate because of the layoffs hanging over everyone's heads. Why should we donate, when we might lose our jobs a few months later? Everyone I know makes personal donations throughout the year to their favorite charities, then Abbott comes along and wants MORE donated to THEIR charities, just to make them look good. They even try to shame people into it, which is disgusting. Last October, I set up a one-time donation, to be deducted out of my checking account in January of this year. Guess what? I was laid off 30 days later. Nice... So get out there and participate and make your huge donations to the EGC, so Abbott will LOOK good!

Well, next month begins one of the most despised rituals at AV: The Employee Giving Campaign. Let the badgering and harassment begin! They are already brainstorming ways to get MORE people to donate. They were told last year, that people were reluctant to donate because of the layoffs hanging over everyone's heads. Why should we donate, when we might lose our jobs a few months later? Everyone I know makes personal donations throughout the year to their favorite charities, then Abbott comes along and wants MORE donated to THEIR charities, just to make them look good. They even try to shame people into it, which is disgusting. Last October, I set up a one-time donation, to be deducted out of my checking account in January of this year. Guess what? I was laid off 30 days later. Nice... So get out there and participate and make your huge donations to the EGC, so Abbott will LOOK good!

$10 bucks big fella sounds like it broke ya. Glad you're fired.

The same thing happened to several people I know.

Don't forget about the special, up close EGC parking spaces that go for $1,000+. Those are REALLY worth it. The mucky mucks that bid on these and get them, aren't thinking about the money going to a "good cause". All they're thinking about is 1) tax write off and 2) parking up close, so they don't have to walk like the peons.

Just checked out the reviews for AV on Glassdoor.com. Not pretty...

On that note, I think someone doctored the reviews for AbbVie. Everyone I know hates it there and yet they have positive reviews. I think I am going to have to add one. I'll bet they give bonuses to HR to write up reviews on different sites or something.

Tell them the check is in the mail.