60 reps fired by JA in Atlanta

<

Wow. That many people "padding" their number these days? The pressure they put on you and their unethical management ways only lead you to be tempted to add ghost cases. Not saying it is right but it's gonna happen. Such a dysfunctional place. Good people making bad decisions, sorry to hear it.
It is right that they were fired but JA is a fucking douchebag to the fullest. Complete tool and ruined many people's lives. Created a culture of people that are way to fucking self important.

What is a ghost case?

Reps at ISI are payed on case growth. Thus, reps will make up cases to report in order to hit their number. It's nothing new; unfortunately it's been happening there for years. When ISI audits the cases reported versus the instrument sales in a territory, it's fairly easy to see who was reporting ghost cases.

Who are you idiots? First of all, 60 reps weren't fired and logging ghost cases is impossible due to Onsite keeping track of cases. The ghost case days are in the past. Wow

Ghost Case and Wu Tang Clan ain't nutthin to fuck with.

They were fired for adding cases that didn't happen two years ago, before everyone moved to onsite. Do some research before you lash out. Keep your head down and save some cash. When the feel like the business passes you by, or that your options are worth too much, kiss your ass goodbye. Ask the 10 year vet in AZ, or the 6plus year vet in Texas, or the guy in UT, oh wait. They are gone too. The avg tenure in the field just got reduced even more. Those 60 plus reps that JA let go all had more than 2.5 years with the company. Enjoy to those that are left. I'm so happy to be gone, making more money and having less bull shit.

That's weird though. Why would JA fly reps to Atl when he could have just done it over the phone and saved the airfare? Similar deal several years back he flew reps to his house to have dinner. Most all were gone shortly thereafter. What's the average length of stay for an ISI rep these days? It is surprising though there are a few longtimers still around

No longer with ISI, but just heard this from one of my friends who is still there. I do have a friend who was "summoned" to Atlanta this week....he had no idea why. I would imagine if he was interviewing for a promotion they would allow him to prepare. Just reached out to see what went down and waiting to hear back. Intuitive thrives on making you feel "uncomfortable"....it was probaby well worth the money to fly all the reps down and make them squirm as a parting gift.

No longer with ISI, but just heard this from one of my friends who is still there. I do have a friend who was "summoned" to Atlanta this week....he had no idea why. I would imagine if he was interviewing for a promotion they would allow him to prepare. Just reached out to see what went down and waiting to hear back. Intuitive thrives on making you feel "uncomfortable"....it was probaby well worth the money to fly all the reps down and make them squirm as a parting gift.

Don't let your wife get too excited about getting an invitation to JA's house!

I heard it was 70, 5 others around the country fired by their rvp, and heard 10 resigned. So that's 85 out of the 350 in the country. Wtf? Right there is high turnover and the year isn't even half way over. How does this make sense long term? The costs of training is high.

I heard it was 70, 5 others around the country fired by their rvp, and heard 10 resigned. So that's 85 out of the 350 in the country. Wtf? Right there is high turnover and the year isn't even half way over. How does this make sense long term? The costs of training is high.

Why don't they just use onsite/system logs to track procedure #s?

Why don't they just use onsite/system logs to track procedure #s?

They do. That's why they were fired. Now that Onsite tracks every case, they were able to determine what reps/accounts had a huge discrepency pre and post Onsite. Prior to Onsite there was no way to prove. All S and Si systems are now on Onsite.

Anyone know who was let go? I don't think anyone in my area was a casualty. I've been w/ Intuitive for almost 4 years. Perhaps I'm one of the few, but I love this company. I truly believe that if you were or are concerned that you will be fired, there is a reason. I never padded cases, as that is just not the type of person I am. There were some quarters that I did not hit my #, but I never once feared that I would be fired for it. I work very hard and have amazing relationships w/ my surgeons, robotic teams and executives. I think this is what makes us successful. When you have accounts that trust and respect you from the top down, it is much easier to challenge them to think out of the box. I will never promote or sell something that I do not think will be beneficial to the surgeon and/or account. They know this about me, therefore I don't have much issue trying to get new things purchased or instituted in the account.

I have a lot of good friends that have left ISI b/c they feared for their job security. As much as I like these people, I also know that they did not work as hard, nor did they develop the clinical acumen to be truly successful hear. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but you have to truly believe and love what we're doing to be able to endure the pace. I can't imagine ever doing anything different.

They do. That's why they were fired. Now that Onsite tracks every case, they were able to determine what reps/accounts had a huge discrepency pre and post Onsite. Prior to Onsite there was no way to prove. All S and Si systems are now on Onsite.

Anyone know who was let go? I don't think anyone in my area was a casualty. I've been w/ Intuitive for almost 4 years. Perhaps I'm one of the few, but I love this company. I truly believe that if you were or are concerned that you will be fired, there is a reason. I never padded cases, as that is just not the type of person I am. There were some quarters that I did not hit my #, but I never once feared that I would be fired for it. I work very hard and have amazing relationships w/ my surgeons, robotic teams and executives. I think this is what makes us successful. When you have accounts that trust and respect you from the top down, it is much easier to challenge them to think out of the box. I will never promote or sell something that I do not think will be beneficial to the surgeon and/or account. They know this about me, therefore I don't have much issue trying to get new things purchased or instituted in the account.

I have a lot of good friends that have left ISI b/c they feared for their job security. As much as I like these people, I also know that they did not work as hard, nor did they develop the clinical acumen to be truly successful hear. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but you have to truly believe and love what we're doing to be able to endure the pace. I can't imagine ever doing anything different.

FEs can pull the procedure logs from any system not on onsite.