60 Minutes

It just goes to show, when you defeat typical liberal talking points, with facts, knowledge, logic, reason and wisdom... people will pay take notice.

"Some powerful people make their living with the production of arms and sell them to one country for them to use against another country … It’s the industry of death, the greed that harms us all, the desire to have more money."
-The Pope

Please provide a shred of evidence for your ludicrous, doomsday claims.

Plenty has been provided in this thread.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt

"Some powerful people make their living with the production of arms and sell them to one country for them to use against another country … It’s the industry of death, the greed that harms us all, the desire to have more money."
-The Pope

Plenty has been provided in this thread.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt

So I guess The Pope has no security. So I guess The Vatican has no security. The production of arms mean protection from the Psychopaths of this world... I'm sure his security team knows that, even though he pretends not to.

Traditional arms
Sword
Command baton
Partisan
Halberd
Flamberge
Cuirass with spaulders

Modern arms
SIG P220 pistols
Tactical Machine Pistol
SIG P220 (P75)
Glock 19
Steyr TMP
Heckler & Koch MP5A3
Heckler & Koch MP7A1
SIG SG 550
SIG SG 552

The industry of death and greed, alive and well in Vatican City.

Untrue.... He singled-out defense companies.

"weapons manufacturers are money-hungry opponents of peace."

The very same weapon manufacturers that he uses for defense and security.

Stick to religion dude.

You mean the word "defense" as a euphemism for "war" apparatus I think. The Vatican does not have land mines and cruise missiles. He buys Italian made Beretta firearms. The Italians are also famous for surrendering. That's why the Vatican uses the Swiss guards. And Switzerland is neutral.

You mean the word "defense" as a euphemism for "war" apparatus I think. The Vatican does not have land mines and cruise missiles. He buys Italian made Beretta firearms. The Italians are also famous for surrendering. That's why the Vatican uses the Swiss guards. And Switzerland is neutral.

Yep... He purchases weapons and helps fund the "money-hungry opponents of peace."

Weapons and manufacturers of weapons are not opponents of peace. Psychopaths around the world are opponents of peace. The Pope ought to know better.

Stick to religion.

All Popes are psychopaths.

I never said that and I wouldn't necessarily agree with that.

However, The Pope... a supposed educated man, should know that weapons are neither inherently good or bad. It all depends on who has the weapons and what they do with them.

When WWII ended... weapons were used to achieve Peace, to protect innocence and to restore world order.

Those weapons were not enemies of peace, they were instruments to achieve peace. Those weapons were produced not because of greed, but to defeat evil.

So I guess The Pope has no security. So I guess The Vatican has no security. The production of arms mean protection from the Psychopaths of this world... I'm sure his security team knows that, even though he pretends not to.

Should the Pope be afraid of Netanyahoo?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/14/w...ecognize-palestinian-state-in-new-treaty.html

JERUSALEM — The Vatican announced Wednesday that it would soon sign a treaty that includes recognition of the “state of Palestine,” lending significant symbolic weight to an intensifying Palestinian push for international support for sovereignty that bypasses the paralyzed negotiations with Israel.

Should the Pope be afraid of Netanyahoo?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/14/w...ecognize-palestinian-state-in-new-treaty.html

JERUSALEM — The Vatican announced Wednesday that it would soon sign a treaty that includes recognition of the “state of Palestine,” lending significant symbolic weight to an intensifying Palestinian push for international support for sovereignty that bypasses the paralyzed negotiations with Israel.

He should fear his own ignorance of all things outside the scope of religion, specifically Catholicism.

He should fear his own ignorance of all things outside the scope of religion, specifically Catholicism.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on December 17, 1936, to Italian immigrants. As a teenager, Bergoglio underwent surgery to remove a lung due to serious infection. Following his high school graduation, he enrolled at the University of Buenos Aires, where he received a master's degree in chemistry before beginning training at the Jesuit seminary of Villa Devoto. In March 1958, he entered the Society of Jesus.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on December 17, 1936, to Italian immigrants. As a teenager, Bergoglio underwent surgery to remove a lung due to serious infection. Following his high school graduation, he enrolled at the University of Buenos Aires, where he received a master's degree in chemistry before beginning training at the Jesuit seminary of Villa Devoto. In March 1958, he entered the Society of Jesus.

See attached comments*

* He should fear his own ignorance of all things outside the scope of religion, specifically Catholicism.

I can find no evidence of his supposed education. He is not listed as a notable graduate of University of Buenos Aires. I think a Masters from Buenos Aires University is equivalent to an American GED.

Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Bergoglio worked briefly as a chemical technician and nightclub bouncer before beginning seminary studies.[2] He was ordained a Catholic priest in 1969 and from 1973 to 1979 was Argentina's Provincial superior of the Society of Jesus. He became the Archbishop of Buenos Aires in 1998 and was created a cardinal in 2001 by Pope John Paul II. Following the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI on 28 February 2013, a papal conclave elected Bergoglio as his successor on 13 March. He chose Francis as his papal name in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi. Francis is the first Jesuit pope, the first from the Americas, the first from the Southern Hemisphere and the first non-European pope since the Syrian Gregory III in 741, 1,272 years earlier.[3] He is also the third consecutive non-Italian to hold the post.