42% layoffs announced in NVS global innovative meds

Blaming the US sales force is comical. How bout the fact Novartis hasn't changed the structure of the US sales force in any meaningful way in decades. Same overall structure like it’s 1980. Oh but wait, can’t take Dr.s golfing or to dinners anymore and expands the US sales force during a pandemic. If they didn’t handcuff the US market by getting into constant CIA agreements, try to bribe the ex US Presidents lawyer for access, actually got insurance companies to cover their meds, then possibly you could blame US sales. This problem goes way above the lowly rep.

Another example of passing the buck and taking no responsibility for the poor business decisions that are made here again and again. Sales has nothing to do with poor business decisions and ineptitude of management. Anyone who doesn’t blatantly see this needs to go seek psychological counseling.

These poor impotent little Trump MAGAts need to blame everyone else. They throw tantrums everytime they are questioned, not worth wasting one brain cell trying to understand

I don’t think we are the only company suffering through these terrible Democrat/Biden decisions and now Recession

When you can produce evidence that Biden forced Novartis to purchase Leqvio (hint - he wasn't in office when that happened) for $9.7B, your statement will only be slightly less idiotic.

Biden's other instructions:

-Don't launch with a free trial offer, wait until the whole enterprise is drowning and roll it out then
-Hire a second primary care team in the throes of a global pandemic (after shitcanning your contract team who could have done the same thing)
-Don't track the units the AIC's inject, just put the managers on a call.and let them fight it iut.

Damnit Joe, you really blew it this time!

So layoffs are coming and yet CRM continues to fill vacancies even at the regional level. Wouldn’t the higher up’s be aware of a potential changes and put a hiring freeze on vacancies? I ask because I’m in CRM at the ground level and nobody seems to be aware of a damn thing.

So layoffs are coming and yet CRM continues to fill vacancies even at the regional level. Wouldn’t the higher up’s be aware of a potential changes and put a hiring freeze on vacancies? I ask because I’m in CRM at the ground level and nobody seems to be aware of a damn thing.

These idiots have no idea what they are doing. Don’t think just because they are hiring, you are safe. They have fired people in training before and will do it again.

These idiots have no idea what they are doing. Don’t think just because they are hiring, you are safe. They have fired people in training before and will do it again.

They continue to hire new folks so that when they lay off, they can balance laying off senior reps with laying off brand new reps. Is it ethical, no...it is well thought out by Human Resources...yes

Think about it...if they put out a hiring freeze, it would only tip us off more than layoffs are imminent. Gotta go with the status quo til it's time to pull that rug out from under us.

These poor impotent little Trump MAGAts need to blame everyone else. They throw tantrums everytime they are questioned, not worth wasting one brain cell trying to understand

facts and tbh what would they do without Pharma in the north east and on the west coast most of them come from states that have nothing to offer and they blame even the temperature of the air on Biden idiots

Sales force layoffs will not happen until 2023. If you paid attention to the town hall a few weeks back we will now look to save 1.5 billion. First 1 bil mainly from global and us home office roles, next up is sales next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if it happened this year however since everything is inconsistent here